BioWare's MMO Studio

N'Al

Llyr's right. For once. It's likely tol be fantasy so all those SW fanboys will start crying.

I also noticed BIO is hiring writers for it so they're already a step up in the writing/story/dialogue/role-playing aspect than all other MMORPGS.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It may be 'fantasy'; but it's usually refered to as sci-fi or 'sci-fi soap opera'.

When people think fantasy they tend to think dragons, elves, dwarves, and magic. Not the Force (though it can be argued it reseembles magic).

So, it's likely actual fantasy though we shouldn't completely rule out a SW espicially since BIO has gone into their noncommittal mode over it...

perhaps a better article on the same story:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_ent...pic_id=24466266

snippet:

Given Galaxies' bumpy ride, and the fact that many game contracts expire after three years,

it is not inconceivable that LucasArts, holder of all Star Wars rights, might want to shop around the license.

According to informed sources in the industry, that's exactly what the company is doing. Two shops have been

mentioned as talking with LucasArts--Cryptic Studios, home to MMORPG City of Heroes, and Canada-based BioWare,

maker of the action RPG Jade Empire.

Of the two, BioWare appears the more likely candidate. Besides the fact it developed the critically acclaimed

and wildly popular Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, the developer just founded a new studio in Austin,

Texas--home of SOE's Austin branch--which employs several ex-SOE staffers. The shop's sole project is an

unidentified MMORPG set in a science fiction universe, just as Star Wars: Galaxies is.

It may be 'fantasy'; but it's usually refered to as sci-fi or 'sci-fi soap opera'.

When people think fantasy they tend to think dragons, elves, dwarves, and magic.  Not the Force (though it can be argued it reseembles magic).

So, it's likely actual fantasy though we shouldn't completely rule out a SW espicially since BIO has gone into their noncommittal mode over it...

The term you are thinking of is "Space Opera", mainly because of the importance and use of music in Star Wars(a theme for each character, one for good, one for evil, etc).

based on what I have heard from SWG fans, one of the biggest problems with the game was the out-of-character (for that period) fact that it is easy to be a Jedi.

they have tried at least 2 ways to deal with it but anything they do is fundamentally flawed since Luke, Ben, and Yoda are the only Jedi alive canonically.

Hopefully, BioWare will have full artistic freedom and, hopefully, they will move the story forward and only allow Jedi once the story enters the New Republic era.

"The term you are thinking of is "Space Opera","

Ah. That's right. I had drawn a blank (hahah, jokes a comin', I'm sure) so I just made a nother name for it; but yeah that's my point. :blink: