facing Death

Rosbjerg

You see, the first story was good. :huh:

The second one was in very poor taste. :shifty: But it does illustrate the extent of the repercusions of trauma throughout a community in a conflict zone.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't see the big deal about driving 100 mph..

Obviously you wouldnt do it in traffic but if the road conditions are good I dont see anything wrong , or even risky in it.

Do it at night when there is little traffic on the road. The problem is, the police are usually lurking out at night.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

facing Death, and walking away without a scratch...

I've experienced a few things like that, yes, but always from a very random happenstance, ala driving a one-lane mt. cliff road and encountering a speeding truck full of doped up idiots going the other way.

I'm very glad you're ok and that the "scratches" are healing/healed. Stuff like that is freaky and defintely leaves an impression on the psyche. :blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Serves you right, Rosbjerg, for skiing when you are old enough to know better. Skiing is best suited to youngsters who are completely without fear and have super-hero reflexes to avoid certain death as they careen out-of-control down the slope whilst in a blur of hangover.

What? o:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The funny thing is, I feel more frigthened by the whole experiance when I talk about it! (and see peoples reactions) I guess the seriousness of the whole ordeal haven't dawned on me yet! but then I realize that I feel humbled and not frigthened, I think I faced my frailty rather than my mortality...

and yeah I still have my bruises.. but painkillers are taking care of that! :) and within a week or so I be as good as "new"..

But I did die once, but that's another story for another time!

glad to hear you other guys made it clear as well! otherwise this board would be alot more silent. :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

You are up on the roof of a twelve story building, looking down from the edge. All it takes is one step forward.

You look down the barrel of a loaded gun wonder if the trigger should be pulled.

You push your body to its breaking point, filling it with substances that could kill you if you kept on pushing it too far.

You push your intoxicated self as you drive off the road, into a ditch catching on fire. You are dazed and hesitate as the flames start to surround you.

You walk on the tracks and stop there, watching the train as it approaches you. Jumping out of the way in time as it rushes pass you.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm not particularly proud of it!! In fact I'm pretty sad that I was that weak ..

but it involved a rather large amount of alcohol! a pissed Dane and a pretty bad attitude = "**** you, **** me and **** the world"

this combined makes a bad combo .. but I was in The Chezch Republic at the time, which just made it worse (since alcohol is extremely cheap there). I decided, with a very poor sense judgment I might add, that now was the time to drink until I could drink no more.. and drink Absinth!

nedless to say I drank a little too much .. and although I was never declared officially dead (which allows you all to question my previoius statement) I did turn white, blue, cold, stiff and had no pulse.. the guys I was drinking with decided that they would try to revive me themselves before the ambulance arived.. by beating me.. and they succeded!

so here I am ... 4 years later and hopefully the wiser ... now I only risk my life through stupid decisions! ^_^ :-:thumbsup::huh:"

Fortune favors the bald.

Danes and skiing.

Most skiing-facilities have these small slopes,.. for kids.. and danes. :ermm:

(j/k)

Good thing you didn't break anything.

Come back to Norway and do some skydiving with me instead. Much safer.

J.

Edited by Junai

another friend of mine was skiing about the same time in Norway.. he broke both his legs several placs and totally wrecked one of his knees! he was told he'll be lucky if he can walk within the next year!

and 3 Danes died this week in Norway..

hmm.. maybe we should stay in our element.. flat ground!

Fortune favors the bald.

You have the rope around your neck and can kick the chair out from under yourself at any moment.

You're driving down the road, all it would take is one jerk of the wheel to send you into on-comming traffic.

You walk by yourself at night in a bad part of town. Danger is everywhere.

You're defusing a bomb, one cut of the wrong wire and it will explode, taking everyone in a 100 yard radius with it.

You just bought a hot dog but have bitten off more than you can chew. You begin to choke.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I concur Ross, we're not made for this mountain stuff.  :ph34r:

What's the highest hill in Denmark btw Lucius? >_<"

:thumbsup:

:blink: Some 170 meters I think.

is that above sea level or just over ground?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I concur Ross, we're not made for this mountain stuff.  :ph34r:

What's the highest hill in Denmark btw Lucius? ;)"

;)

;) Some 170 meters I think.

is that above sea level or just over ground?

Above sea level

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.