facing Death

Rosbjerg

Never faced death. I live a safe non risk taking life.

Glad to see those who have faced it came through in one piece.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I can thoroughly recommend sky-diving, too. :blink:

That would be like playing Russian Roulette. Thanks, but no sale.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

It's the parachute gnomes! Hit'em with a plated-steel hammer! Quick!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I like being as close to the ground as I can get. I am not going to get up in a plane for one, and two I certainly would not jump out of one that is in fine mechanical working condition. :blink:

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

It's not for everyone. I can vouch, though, that it takes any other experience and pats it condescendingly on the head and puts it to bed early after some warm milk and cookies.

Gliding serenly in the quietude of the parachute is almost as wonderful and awe-inspiring as terminal veocity is a fabulous mouthful of adrenaline. :blink::o

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's not for everyone. I can vouch, though, that it takes any other experience and pats it condescendingly on the head and puts it to bed early after some warm milk and cookies.

Gliding serenly in the quietude of the parachute is almost as wonderful and awe-inspiring as terminal veocity is a fabulous mouthful of adrenaline. :blink::o

A mouth full of vomit as the fear gets to you perhaps.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

On the contrary, fear doesn't make one vomit. Repulse, yes, but not vomit.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

For those that know, no explanation is necessary. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.

Really, some of the professionals do upwards of 4000 jumps. Do you think they are all vomiting as they jump out of the plane? :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Nah. That just means you don't value your life very high.

kirottu said:

That goes without saying.

kirottu said:

90 once. :shifty:

kirottu said:

I usually hide my car keys before we start drinking. It sounds stupid, but it works. Apparently I become so dumb when I drink that I can hide stuff from myself :shifty:

That is a great idea. I like! Am sure it woudl work with me, if I drove. I gave up on cars a while back when I realised I could get taxis or lifts everywhere and it would cost less.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I usually hide my car keys before we start drinking. It sounds stupid, but it works. Apparently I become so dumb when I drink that I can hide stuff from myself :blink:

That is a great idea. I like! Am sure it woudl work with me, if I drove. I gave up on cars a while back when I realised I could get taxis or lifts everywhere and it would cost less.

A LOT less. :(

Only if we can believe you aren't making them up ...

What makes you think I would lie.... :huh:

I had 2 near death experiences during the war, the first was when I was 5 years old.....when my mother woke me up all of a sudden at about five or six o'clock in the morning, I could hear the sirens going off warning of an attack, then while I was dressing I could hear the planes, MIGs droping their payloads....by then my mother and I were running to the bomb shelter, I could see the planes, hear all the small arms fire in the distance but then on our way to the shelter artillery shells started to fall - that's when it happened - about 20 to 30 metres away a single artillery round hit a near by house blowing it up, but the thing is, the worst thing isn't the pressure that knocks you to the ground but the pieces of the house flying all around you - I think 1 or 2 ppl died from that blast by debree. Luckily me and my mom got away with bruses and a temporary hearing problems :D ......I remember I cried, but the thing is I'll never forget one boy in the bomb shelter that was so terryfied and in shock that his hair was completley white/gray. >_<

The second incident was a year or two later when the city was 'relativley' safe... (warning don't read if you like dogs :-" )...

... one boy was bitten by a dog and later these two sickos caught and tied up the dog, dozen or so kids from the street rounded up to see what's going on, including me. One of the sickos took out a low-yield detonator from his bag - turned it on, guess it had a few seconds delay, untied the dog and shoved the detonator up the dog's ass ... then it all started, everybody ran like hell, myself among them - the only problem was that the dog started to run at the same direction as I and in a blink of an eye the dog exploded, I was again knocked to the ground, completley covered in blood - fortunatley the dog's not mine :D ... try to imagine the looks on my mothers face when I came home :lol:

BTW - the only solid thing left from the dog was his jaw ...

Edit: added spoiler tags around offensive material.

Edited by metadigital