now i was thinking the other day (yes, i have to much time on my hands) and dont flame me if this has already been brought up, but in the cut content master vash and her padawan were supposed to have poisoned the cololists of M4-78. that would mean she left korriban. since poisoning an entire planet is a bit of a dark side act, and she was not a prisoner in the academy, was Vash supposed to have turned to the dark side, or did the jedi just forget all the rules when most of them were wiped out? or am i just to thick to see something?

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

http://www.geocities.com/m4_78/M4-78

This is the URL of the M4-78 restoration project. I think you will get most answers you want in this site or their forums.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Killing colonist? That is very unJedi like. Jedi do not kill in cold blood, that goes against their beliefs.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Didn't know about the dead colonists, but even if that is true, that doesn't have to mean she turned evil, since that could have happened inadvertently as an accident.

Still, this comment sheds some light on the matter: "Our last instructions from our masters were to prevent any from reaching the Industrial Core.Our colonists, the Sith, were our masters. We droids were sent to colonize M4-78 many years ago. Only recently did the Sith arrive to claim the planet. Unfortunately, a saboteur recently killed them all.This is the colony M4-78. We droids arrived on this world years ago and began to prepare this world for colonization. The resources here are especially abundant and we were able to expand rapidly across the entire planet.Our colonists finally arrived here a couple years ago. They began building a droid army and were forced to shut down M4-78 to conserve energy.M4-78 is the name of the droid intelligence that governs the planet. When the Sith arrived, he was no longer necessary and was shut down."

Besides, there is definitely a comment in there about her padawan turning to the dark side and then thinking she was dead, because he lost his force bond to her when that happened. That was a the basis of much discussion about the Exile's own force bond with Kreia at one point. Someone even pointed out on that basis, that the Exile would therefore have lost his force bond with Kreia before reaching Malachor V because Kreia resumed her position as Darth Traya at that point (but that's another discussion entirely).

So, if the Sith were in charge of M4-78, that might explain some things, especially if Kaah thought Vash was killed and then, turning to the dark side and thus losing his bond with her (and therefore remaining unaware that she was actually alive), killed the Sith colonists out of revenge.

Yeah, Wookieepedia says that it was Kaah who released the toxin, killing all the Sith on the planet, leaving only the droids and thus making it the droid planet.

Yes, I know, Wookieepedia's not the best source, but there's not much other information on M4-78 out there. Is there?

Admins (or whatever they are called) will delete false information. They did that after the "Great Supershadow attack"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Actually Wookiepedia is the best source besides the actual files. :wub:

Its Wikipedia you can't trust.

Agreed. Wikipedia allows stuff like "Nihilus might have been a prisoner of the Mandalorians", when all it says in the game is that he "escaped imprisonment" on Malachor V by bringing the Ravager to him with his powers.

Wookieepedia usually has it right. At least, I haven't found any glaring mistakes so far.

On the radiation of M4-78, this is directly from the dialog.tlk file for K2 and seems to contain stuff that Vash was supposed to tell the Exile when you find her:

"It is a normal occurrence between Master and Padawan. Kaah and I are bonded.It is a normal occurrence between Master and Padawan. Kaah and I were bonded.Most of the Jedi have scattered. Anytime the Jedi tried to assemble, they were massacred by the Sith. We had no idea where the attacks were coming from.{smiles}I dislike passivity. Much like another Jedi I know. With the Council's support, I decided to take the fight to the Sith.You should consider what it means to be a Jedi.{slightly sadly}This victory here is all I can claim, and it was Kaah's expertise, not mine, that brought it. The source of the Sith remains unknown to me.I know. I felt it.He is well, but shaken by his experience.Yes, as many Masters and Padawans become with time.The bond can be broken in many ways. If one falls to the Dark Side, the bond may fade and eventually break. This is why, when gripped with fear, Kaah was unable to feel our bond. He assumed I was dead.He is dead. We were mentally bonded.Kaah was pulled to the Dark Side through his fear. He could no longer feel our bond.It is painful to lose one to whom you are bonded. But it is not fatal.{concerned}That is most unnatural. This bond you share with Kreia is not like any I've ever heard of. How did it come to be?{pensive}Look within for the answer. We are each solely accountable for everything in our lives. Nothing ever happens to us unless we allow it.Indirectly, one could say that you brought me here.I learned that a group of Sith came here seeking the one they call the Last Jedi - you. Kaah and I arrived to investigate the situation.We learned that the Sith pretended to be this planet's colonists and began utilizing its resources and industrial power. We could not allow them to create a base here.Kaah is a virtuoso with computers. He managed to slice into the system and flood the Industrial Zone with radiation.The Sith attacked our position before he had finished. I held off the Sith, but they overwhelmed me. When I regained consciousness, I was in this chamber.M4-78 tells me that the guardian droid of the Central Zone placed me here."

That seems to explain it all nicely.

Well, Wookieepedia is here.

As for the cut content, it's a matter of going throught the text used in the game, which can be a bit of trouble. I recommend searching the text with key words.

As for getting to the text, all text, dialogue or otherwise and cut or not, is in the dialog.tlk file of the game folder. To access it, open your Notepad, then open a file. Find your way to your KotOR folder and change the filetype to "all files", then doubleclick the dialog.tlk file. It may take a few moments before the machine responds, since it's a huge file, but once it does, you can read through all text in the game.

Sorry if this has been posted but I belive her padawan killed the colonists, but aren't there only droids on the planet?

To expand on what RR said, the droids were put in place for the colonists who were supposed to arrive at some later date. The Sith showed up and said they were the colonists, and wanted to use the planet for their own nefarious means. Vash and Kaah decided to go and try and put a stop to this. Kaah ended up releasing a toxin that killed all the Sith, but due to them being droids, everything else on the planet survived. The Sith, however, shut down the central droid intelligence, and their last order to the droids before being killed was to never let anyone else turn it back on.

That's the basic story. There's more on it here at Wookieepedia.

so the sith for some reason (which we well probabally find more about in the M4-78 mod) made their way to that planet and like i pointed out we will prob, find out, but then vash and kaah poisoned them they gave the command to not allow anyone into the planet

and answering hk's question by jedi if you mean vash and kaah, they probabally secretly made their way to the planet, and hid themselves - like the rest of the jedi masters and they survived somehow, they obviously planned for this and i doubt that the droids rescued them, they might have though, but im assuming that they did their own rescuing and saving ect

hopefully we will gain more information as the M4-78 Mod is being developed, and finally completed :rolleyes: