New Oblivion Review - 93%

Llyranor

I so want this game. Alas my video card is on the list of those "guaranteed NOT to run Oblivion", so it's pretty fruitless for me to buy it. At this point, upgrading my PC is not an option.

I'm so sad.

:-

I so want this game.  Alas my video card is on the list of those "guaranteed NOT to run Oblivion", so it's pretty fruitless for me to buy it.  At this point, upgrading my PC is not an option.

I'm so sad.

:-

Buy an XBOX, Di! If you already have a decent TV it isn't too expensive.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Don't listen to her misleading claims. There is no Xbox version.

Xbox xbox360. I can't tell the difference. Well, one i shaed like an X so I guess I can.

Di, it's Xbox 360! Not Xbox! Sorry. :">

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Excellent.

Perhaps you will marry me?

In a pathetic attempt to get this thread on-topic. NO, you can't marry anyone in Oblivion, and you can't have kids. Actually, there's no kids at all in Oblivion.

Maybe Emma can fix that... :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I never trust reviews.

I've noticed that PC Gamer are occassionally guilty of hyping the hell out of something when it is released, only to row back a few paces in the next issue (usually when a flood of reader feedback pours cold water on their hyperventilating reviewer).

The biggest problem in Morrowind (to me) was the bajillion fed-ex missions and the fatigue-throttled slow walking around the map.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I never trust reviews.

I've noticed that PC Gamer are occassionally guilty of hyping the hell out of something when it is released, only to row back a few paces in the next issue (usually when a flood of reader feedback pours cold water on their hyperventilating reviewer).

The biggest problem in Morrowind (to me) was the bajillion fed-ex missions and the fatigue-throttled slow walking around the map.

For me it was the slow walking(corrected with Boots of Blinding Speed) and the clones.

but I loved it so I can't wait for oblivion, although I must since my PC can't handle it.

Stupid system hogs!

Long Live Galactic Civilizations 2!

Buy an XBOX, Di!  If you already have a decent TV it isn't too expensive.

Husby would NOT be thrilled if I commandeered the faamily tv set. So we're talking several hundred bucks for the XBox 360, plus several hundred bucks for an adequate tv to run it on, plus whatever a table that won't collapse under the weight of an adequate tv would cost. For that much, I could update my computer with a new video card AND a gig of RAM...

On the bright side, it will give me time to read gamer reviews and find out what equipment has trouble running it. *brave smile* So it's all good.

Edited by ~Di

Buy an XBOX, Di!  If you already have a decent TV it isn't too expensive.

Husby would NOT be thrilled if I commandeered the faamily tv set. So we're talking several hundred bucks for the XBox 360, plus several hundred bucks for an adequate tv to run it on, plus whatever a table that won't collapse under the weight of an adequate tv would cost. For that much, I could update my computer with a new video card AND a gig of RAM...

On the bright side, it will give me time to read gamer reviews and find out what equipment has trouble running it. *brave smile* So it's all good.

And most if not all of the best Xbox360 titles will make their way to PC eventually anyway.

Patience is the mother of all virtues. :D

I betcha "Kaftan Barlast", despite his snooty objections, will be the first in line to buy Oblivion.

Cause there is absolutely nothing out for single player CRPGs. He is as desperate for a good game as all of us.

Don't try to deny it Mr. Barlast. You cast aspersions on Oblivion, but come March 21st when you see people are playing it and having blast ... you will cave in and buy it. The feeling of missing out will overwhelm you.

P.S. -

The same thing will happen with Gothic 3.

Did anyone see this? Bethesda is apparently making an Isometric version of Oblivion for mobile phones.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion...le_overview.htm

"OMAGMG, BETHSEDA CAN NVER MAKE AN ISOMETRIC GAMEW@!@!#, THEY SAID SO THEMSELVES!!!!!"

While it's just a phone game, it's still kind of funny.

I had to check that the date wasn't April the 1st when I saw that. It'll be interesting to see if it's worth getting.

Did anyone see this? Bethesda is apparently making an Isometric version of Oblivion for mobile phones.

"OMAGMG, BETHSEDA CAN NVER MAKE AN ISOMETRIC GAMEW@!@!#, THEY SAID SO THEMSELVES!!!!!"

From the site

"Full of the depth and variety of The Elder Scrolls, unravel the mysteries of The Elder Scrolls

centinexx.png

From the site

"Full of the depth and variety of The Elder Scrolls, unravel the mysteries of The Elder Scrolls