France is now a strong US Ally?

Ellester

France did its best to dissuade the US from making its biggest foreign policy mistake since Viet Nam, a mistake that has led to disaster and significant loss of life.  They were better friends to the US than Tony 'Poodle' Blair.

france did its best to protect its own oil interests, nothing more.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

yeah... france... see, on topic.

didn't know about the new beers. i did know about the triple bock, but did not realize it was the record holder, either.

the swiss beer was not very good, btw. my buddy and i started an around the world thing (down in florida) one night and managed around 20 of the 80 required. we were cut off simply because of our count... damn bartender. swiss chocolate barfage was around 15 or so... we were pretty much out of it by then, however.

taks

because if they didn't not only would they be the target of the "axis of DOOOOOM!" but they'd be under fire from, gods chosen, america.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

OK, so I didn't bother checking the link, but from reading the thread title, all I can think of is, "So... no more Freedom Fries?"

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

france did its best to protect its own oil interests, nothing more.

So only the most rabid anti-American nut would claim that the US invaded Iraq to gain control of its oil, but it's fine to say that France acted to protect its oil interests?

Always our own motives are pure, while those wicked foreigners act for the basest of reasons. o:)

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

So only the most rabid anti-American nut would claim that the US invaded Iraq to gain control of its oil, but it's fine to say that France acted to protect its oil interests? 

Always our own motives are pure, while those wicked foreigners act for the basest of reasons. :)

How did you kn......Did someone leak another intelligence document??

I hate Bush as much as the next liberal Euro, but it's hard to make a case for an invasion for oil rights. At least, for having that as THEreason. Let us not forget, there wasn't exactly alot of countries that didn't think Iraq had WMD's. It was a question of what was to be done about that suspected violation.

O, how time changes things.

It's those bloody Iranians, y'know! The US needs to invade them.

Give us a chance, would ya. We can't invade a new country everyday.

Iran Threatens U.S. With 'Harm and Pain'

Here is my question: The Danish print a cartoon. The Arab world marches on US embassies and bases, burns US flags, and a freaking KFC.

Europe/Russia are supposedly taking the lead on the whole Iran thing, but we get called out.

You guys can't get credit for ****. What's the deal?

Edited by kumquatq3

You know, Iran take offence at cartoons, yet renaming a pastry after their prophet is totally cool. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

No, we need to sanction Iran and or develop alternative fuel technology to undermine their economy.

France isn't to be trusted; they went out of their way to burn any bridges, why should we rebuild them just so they can do it again? Oh we should work together for things in both our best interests but we should keep them at arms length.

Iraq wasn't about oil, it was an attempt to create a pawn in the Islamic world that would parrot our values and supposedly turn the Middle East into another Japan/south Korea. The oil was supposed to pay for all this so the war could be done on the cheap. Unfortunately nothing worth doing can be done cheaply and lets not forget the administration was and is inept. And the idea of doing it on the cheap undermining every aspect of the occupation/reconstruction process including border control, add to that an unbroken, well-armed, violent people with more pride than common sense. And it was a predictable disaster.

Am I the only one that thinks it's sad to base your national pride on beer?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

You know, Iran take offence at cartoons, yet renaming a pastry after their prophet is totally cool. :)

Your not supposed to depict him or something like that. Naming stuff is ok as long as you don't shape it like his head.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

OK, so I didn't bother checking the link, but from reading the thread title, all I can think of is, "So... no more Freedom Fries?"

well we never called em freedom fries at work... we just called em fries...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No, we need to sanction Iran and or develop alternative fuel technology to undermine their economy.

France isn't to be trusted; they went out of their way to burn any bridges, why should we rebuild them just so they can do it again? Oh we should work together for things in both our best interests but we should keep them at arms length.

Iraq wasn't about oil, it was an attempt to create a pawn in the Islamic world that would parrot our values and supposedly turn the Middle East into another Japan/south Korea. The oil was supposed to pay for all this so the war could be done on the cheap. Unfortunately nothing worth doing can be done cheaply and lets not forget the administration was and is inept. And the idea of doing it on the cheap undermining every aspect of the occupation/reconstruction process including border control, add to that an unbroken, well-armed, violent people with more pride than common sense. And it was a predictable disaster.

As an uneducated moron, this makes a lot of sense to me. A lot more sense than my own uneducated moronic theories anyways.

And basing national pride on beer is not sad if it is meant as lighthearted humor.

Your not supposed to depict him or something like that. Naming stuff is ok as long as you don't shape it like his head.

Lol, Muhammed shaped pastry. I wonder if stuff would burn for that. ;)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

well we never called em freedom fries at work... we just called em fries...

I'm sure most people with half a brain did as well. But I've heard stories...

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

uh, not sure where you were, but france had oil deals with saddam, behind the scenes, that they stood to lose. it was part of their agreement with saddam in return for support.

Always our own motives are pure, while those wicked foreigners act for the basest of reasons. :lol:

i didn't comment on that, now, did i? the point that you seemed to miss, is france's hypocrisy.

and, if you'd like to discuss getting our hands on the oil, i think you should note that the amount of money we spent going in would require oil to be almost given away in order for us to benefit.

so much for your argument, eh?

taks

Iraq wasn't about oil, it was an attempt to create a pawn in the Islamic world that would parrot our values and supposedly turn the Middle East into another Japan/south Korea.

this i don't doubt... well, stabilization was a stated goal, stretching it a bit further is not out of the question.

The oil was supposed to pay for all this so the war could be done on the cheap.

i don't think anybody truly thought that, nor do i ever recall hearing any official state this. lots of mistakes along the way, but not so stupid as to think there's enough oil to pay for the war. that's simple math.

And it was a predictable disaster.

yes and no. well, hard to say. nobody ever said it would be easy, just the extent of how hard it would be is an issue. oh well...

uh... how DARE you! there is NO better thing to base your pride on. well, maybe a little... no, that's worse. yes, beer. national pride.

taks