France is now a strong US Ally?

Ellester

...france had oil deals with saddam, behind the scenes, that they stood to lose.

And US contractors with strong links to the Bush administration stood to gain enormously from the invasion and reconstruction effort. Does that mean that the US invaded Iraq for that reason? No, it doesn't. Nor did the French government oppose the war in Iraq because of its deals, open or clandestine, with Saddam. It opposed the war for a number of reasons which we can discuss, I think the main ones being that it thought the outcome would not be good (as has proved to be the case) and because it was so unpopular with the French people.

Try not to assume the worst of your opponents. They are usually as sincere and well-intentioned as you are. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Nor did the French government oppose the war in Iraq because of its deals, open or clandestine, with Saddam.

uh, the deals were specifically for support, steve. saddam was bribing everyone to help his cause. i mean, how much more does it need to be?

Try not to assume the worst of your opponents.  They are usually as sincere and well-intentioned as you are. :)

france isn't an opponent, they're just a bunch of cheese eatin' surrender monkeys.

;0

taks

comrade taks... just because.

How about this:

"The Middle Eastern standoff is being masterminded by the pinko lefty commies because they're pushing their agenda of cleaner, reusable fuel research by raising the price of fuel to the point where alternatives make economic sense."

Spreading beauty with my katana.

france isn't an opponent...

Sure, sure. By the way, I live on the south coast of England - could you please try not to drop any bombs on us when you invade France?

Cheers. :(

No problem

and you should be thanking us, we're going to solve all those parking problems in London by giving you a ginat parking lot right next door.

come to think of it, do you notice there are never French people online, why is that...

I mean, if the Finns can master English.....

linky

Interesting, Jacques Chirac and France are now sharing the same views as the US concerning global affairs...

It's so they can still say they hate us and not be nucked.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Here is my question: The Danish print a cartoon. The Arab world marches on US embassies and bases, burns US flags, and a freaking KFC.

A KFC? Of all the freaking things they could have done, they burned a KFC! What has Colonel Saunders ever done to anyone? All he

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

could you please try not to drop any bombs on us when you invade France?

no need to invade... we'd just walk right in! :(

taks

It's quite interesting on how the mighty, disciplined french army of Napoleon, who made even the russians tremble in fear, degenerate into a bunch of whiney pups, screaming "I surrender!".

Did they all die during Napoleon's russian campaign?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

taks

It's quite interesting on how the mighty, disciplined french army of Napoleon, who made even the russians tremble in fear, degenerate into a bunch of whiney pups, screaming "I surrender!".

No, they decided to leave them all in Canada... :D

taks

Just as well, seeing as that's the only sort of battle the U.S is prepared to fight.

Heh and you call the French cowards.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

no need to invade... we'd just walk right in! :-

taks

Just as well, seeing as that's the only sort of battle the U.S is prepared to fight.

Heh and you call the French cowards.

:(

It's quite interesting on how the mighty, disciplined  french army of Napoleon, who made even the russians tremble in fear, degenerate into a bunch of whiney pups, screaming "I surrender!".
they didn't face hitler, did they? they didn't even have to yell "I surrender" when he walked in. they just handed over the keys to the kingdom.

dunno, but they lost, didn't they?

taks

i think the cold beat them down more than anything.

lesson to us all: you can't fool mother nature! oh, and btw, nor can you kick her but in a fight!

taks

It's quite interesting on how the mighty, disciplined  french army of Napoleon, who made even the russians tremble in fear, degenerate into a bunch of whiney pups, screaming "I surrender!".
they didn't face hitler, did they? they didn't even have to yell "I surrender" when he walked in. they just handed over the keys to the kingdom.

taks

Still, the French army was more of a threat to the rest of europe during Napoleon than they were when Hitler was around. Thus, my point, what the hell happened? They even put up some sort of fight during WWI, stalling the german troops.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

taks

France isn't a Kingdom, they chopped off the heads of all their royals long ago... barbarians. :angry:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Still, the French army was more of a threat to the rest of europe during Napoleon than they were when Hitler was around. Thus, my point, what the hell happened? They even put up some sort of fight during WWI, stalling the german troops.

Maybe the effectiveness of the army is based more on genetics than we think. :blink:"

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]