Who were your favorite characters in KotOR?

It wouldn't be a BIo game anymore. It be a FF game. When I want to play FF; I'll go play FF.

What?

Final Fantasy games are more that just the story model, FF basic mechanics and classes remain the same.

So unless BioWare made Firaga casting black mages ...

Squaresoft story stucture is neither new or exclusive to then.

drakron.png

BIO's games always have a mix story and role-playing. That's one of the thinsg I like about it. If I wanta game that is 100% story I'll play FF; if I want a agme that's 100% role-playing; I'll play FO. BIO games - even the less likeable ones - are a good middle road and though there are things I'd liked changed or improved; I don't really want that to change or else it wouldn't be "classic" Bioware.

To answer your question again, if BIo were to make a more lienar game like FF; it wouldn't really be a BIo game anymore.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Juhami is a rather unique character since she is one of the few lesbian characters I seen in games, unfortunatly that only shows by playing a female character.

I wonder what happened if BioWare made a more linear game like Final Fantasy games.

She would have been a better romance option for female characters than Carth is if BIO had gone a bit further in my opinion.

Anything to get rid of Carth, anything.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

BIO's games always have a mix story and role-playing. That's one of the thinsg I like about it. If I wanta game that is 100% story I'll play FF; if I want a agme that's 100% role-playing; I'll play FO. BIO games - even the less likeable ones - are a good middle road and though there are things I'd liked changed or improved; I don't really want that to change or else it wouldn't be "classic" Bioware.

To answer your question again, if BIo were to make a more lienar game like FF; it wouldn't really be a BIo game anymore.

Yea, MDK2 was one hell of a mix of RPing and story!

Fanboys :)

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

It's too bad I can't count MDK2 since I never played it, and never plan to. therefore, in conclusion, it doesn't exist. So there. :o

Too bad MKD2 exists, regardless of fanboys closing their eyes and pretend it was not made.

Also lets not forget the very first BioWare game, Shattered Steel that was a mechwarrior clone.

drakron.png

• 2 weeks later...

"Murder Death Kill?"

Yep. In any case, who cares what type of games Bioware have produced, we are discussing their RPGs, and you can defenatly trace many similarities among this.

As for the topic, i think Kotor had some interesting characters, propably the only thing of revelance about that game.

I liked Jolee, HK and Casadeus.

I also enjoyed Mission and Bastila.

Other then that i didn't have a feel for the rest of the characters.

To think of it, isn't ironic this game has a better story and better characters then the Star Wars prequels ?!?

HK-47's translation work on tattoine is pure class. Jolee and Bastila were my overall favorites.

Carth and Juhani were good as well, but their issues eventually got irritating since they are so dramatic and tramatized. Maybe they were a little overly wounded, Juhani also seems like a bit to weak of a person to be a jedi since they supposed to represent some type of accended warriors in the SW universe, it seemed you could make her back down on anything she asserted and she didn't have much dialog that wasn't associated with her tortured past. She seemed like she was going to be great but didn't really get anywhere, at least HK is good for some laughs, Juhani just seemed like a permant downer and over dependent on the PC, no matter what you made the PC into.

I'm surprised that Carth always gets so much grief. One of the ironies of the game is that he's actually right to complain, and right to be paranoid. Especially if you go DS.

I'm pretty much with leombruno on most points. Juhani's the rare example of an NPC with too much dialog. Get over it, girl.

I'm surprised that Carth always gets so much grief. One of the ironies of the game is that he's actually right to complain, and right to be paranoid. Especially if you go DS.

I'm pretty much with leombruno on most points. Juhani's the rare example of an NPC with too much dialog. Get over it, girl.

Porbably because he starts out a little strong in his accusations on Taris, having a character start out that way alienated a large group of people.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

You don't need to play through with a female PC to find out that Juhani is a lesbian. Kill her and then talk to Belaya...

Is Belaya that female Jedi who tells you to stop running around in the courtyard?

TripleRRR

I'm haven't finished the game yet, but I'm far enough along to have my entire cast of companions. At this point, I'd have to say that Jolee is my favorite. Zaalbar and the R2D2-type droid are the only characters that no longer accompany me on excursions from the ship.

Once I had all the characters, only Jedi would accompany me. However, my favorite character, in terms of voice over and dialogue, is Carth. Great job.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

In my opinion BIO should have given the the hairy carpet Zaalbar some more lovin' since I feel that apart from Kashyykk and if you fall to the dark side, Big Z didn't get too much to say when you talk to him. Even after saving his tribe and returned his honor he wouldn't say to much, a bit of a shame really since I'm a bit partial to wookies.

I'm haven't finished the game yet, but I'm far enough along to have my entire cast of companions. At this point, I'd have to say that Jolee is my favorite. Zaalbar and the R2D2-type droid are the only characters that no longer accompany me on excursions from the ship.

*gapes* I think you're one of the very, very few male players that don't greet the mention of Carth's name with "Freaking whiner! Diediedie!"

Er, I assume you're male, anyway.

Yes, it's out on PC.

As far as Carth goes *shrug* his voice over work was the best done of the lot. If it comes to looking at the characters, I'd rather look at Balista or Mission (if you can get past the weird hairdo). ...But as for dialogue and backstory? Carth was the best of the lot. Missions voice acting was pretty damned good and she had a pretty good story.

It didn't matter, I didn't want non-Jedi with me after I had a group full.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I liked Carth quite a bit. Yeah, he was a paranoid prick, but given what happened on the Endar Spire and his history, I don't really blame him. Still, he was one of the characters that I could always depend upon. Though, I still think Jennifer Hale did the best voice-acting job in the game (ahhh, Jennifer Hale...).

As far as favorite character goes, I have to cast my vote behind Jolee. Jolee was the most interesting character that I've encountered in an RPG in quite a while. I enjoyed his backstory, and loved his "old man" commentary throughout the game. Also, though he is classified as neutral, I found him to be the most Light-side Jedi of the bunch, and my character trusted his advice far more than any other character's.

Most interesting companions would be Carth, Jolee and Mission because of their story and dialogues, most useful companions would be any two jedi for combat prowess, most fun companions would be Hk-47 (when restoring memories) and Bastila (at least if you were male and flirting with her) :p

Canderous actually turned out to be a killer melee fighter, dual-wielding some nasty blades. A shame that he turned all soft in the end. <_>

Least interesting, the walking carpet and the mobile drinks tray :(

Just my experience from playing 3 times through (1 nice male scout, 1 bad male scoundrel and 1 nice female soldier to check out alternate dialogues). Will probably play it through once more as bad guy, as it was more challenging.

Edit: Oops, forgot Juhani, never figured that one out. Was she actually hitting on my female character ??? :ph34r:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein