Who were your favorite characters in KotOR?

Canderous actually turned out to be a killer melee fighter, dual-wielding some nasty blades. A shame that he turned all soft in the end. <_<

Edit: Oops, forgot Juhani, never figured that one out. Was she actually hitting on my female character ??? :ph34r:

Canderous didn't really get soft... it was more of wondering what he was going to do with his life. The pointlessness of the way he was handling things. To fight and die forgotten on some meaningless battlefield leads nowhere. But to follow a true leader, a man of destiny (Revan), and burn your names across the stars forever? That might be worthwhile.

And yes, Juhani was hitting on your female char. (You dog, you...)

Beware if you haven't finished KOTOR, huge spoiler ahead, don't read.

I think Carth had an important part to play in the story, at least for the LS version - haven't played DS yet, considering who you are really playing. There had to be someone to remind you of the burden of your past actions. It gives the hero his/her tragic dimension. You know: Are you responsible for monstrous actions you don't remember committing? and all that... Whether that should have been one of your companions or not is open to debate.

I feel the ending is a bit rushed on this point. Carth talks about it, but that is all he does, and eventually he recovers rather easily from the shock, and doesn't seem too bothered to go alongside the person responsible for the death of his wife. Something more confrontational, with different outcomes depending on how you handled it, would have been better I think. Similarly you are acclaimed as a hero in the final cinematic, with no mitigating factor. This evacuates all the ambivalence that constitutes the interest of the scenario I think. At the end of the day you stopped a big menace

@proctophantasmist:

It was Malak who ordered Saul to attack Telos, not Revan. Revan had already been wiped when it happened.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Well Revan didn't really have that much time to do anything, at least not in the Republic where people would know more about it. He fought as a good guy during the Mandalorian Wars, discovered the dark side while out there, and just never came back. When he did, it was at the head of his new armada and that was war. The little personal evil things tend not to get noticed when you're part of a rampaging fleet of destruction.

He fought as a good guy during the Mandalorian Wars, discovered the dark side while out there, and just never came back.

He fought in such a way to win the admiration of the Mandalorian, which probably means in his view the end justified the means. You can fight with the "good guys" and still be a criminal of war you know... If you win, no one is going to bother you about it anyway, at least no one that counts.

When he did, it was at the head of his new armada and that was war. The little personal evil things tend not to get noticed when you're part of a rampaging fleet of destruction.

Someone would have noticed the rampaging fleet of destruction though. In the end it comes down to that: he must have done something to earn that flashy title of Dark Lord of the Sith, or else you might as well call him the Reincarnation of Gandhi. In particular he has led an army that appears to routinely commit large scale massacres. Don

I never play characters that *deliberately* screw people over. When I play evil characters, they don't care if they do screw people over severely, but they never do it for it's own good.

My char might break up a relationship for personal gain, but not because he/she has some sort of "evil quota" to fill. In my chars, evil is the total lack of respect for anything or anyone else, not some "reverse popularity contest".

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I'm not saying you are wrong, but would you care to give me an example?

Well Canderous was very respectful of Revan despite what he had done to his planet and people. Thats a reflection of the Mandalorian culture.

It really dosnt matter if he was a Jedi or Sith at the time.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, Mandalorians and Ithorians (sp?) won't mind which side you're on, as long as you're good at what you do.

As for the other NPC's in your merry little gang, having known the person even before it turned out (s)he was Revan helped alot. ('cept for Jolee and Bastila, but they're special cases)

They knew what "light side" Revan was like (if you played as a LS Revan, of course), and therefore had a hard time hating him/her. Now, if they'd met Revan *after* the revelation, the chances of them making up with him/her would probably be close to none, hovewer.

Besides, very few of the "common folk" know that you're actually Revan, and the fact that (s)he's still alive isn't exactly known throughout the galaxy, if you catch my drift. So the chance of "angry mobs" is also very remote.

The problem is the amount of work Bio would have to do to implement that. If Malak spills the beans, you have to do different reactions for everyone on four different planets.

It'd be workable if there was only one planet you could go to after the revelation. For instance, if you only found out that there was a map on Manaan after the Leviathan.

I'm not sure what Bio should have done with Carth. A lot of players found him too annoying as he was. I don't understand this perspective well enough to know how to handle it.

Yes, also it would undermine Malak within the Sith structure since Malak claimed that Revan was dead to suport his role as Dark Lord of the Sith.

What would happen if Revan status was made public was the Sith would be torn with Malak and Revan sides, many would look for Revan to join his side to rise on the Sith structure and so the Sith internal strife would be to a point were as a organization it would cease to fuction, Malak cover up was a cleaver move to prevent such situations from happening.

drakron.png