Fallout 3 : Ideas and suggestions

astr0creep

Well, we have a KOTOR 3 thread and we don't know who's making that :rolleyes:

All I know is if Obsidians next PC game is knights3 I will be pissed.

And before anyone asks why, its because SW, as a setting/universe, is a poor, unimaginative grade B sci-fi cliche`. (sorry but any 70's sci-fi flick people turn into a religion/cult makes me squirm)

On a business level it would be poor of them to turn it down and I realize that. (knights2 sold ~1.5million units) But that does not make me like it. I'd perfer if with they pump out something much more interesting, orginial PC game wise.

A Shadowrun, or similar, type game for example would be a nice change of pace IMO.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

why not have rocketlaunchers firing robots that fire lesbians that carry more rocket launchers? and the lesbians have hairy claw leg things...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I want a isometric turn based RPG where you can control your whole party.

I want it to be set around the time of Fallout 2, but in a different part of the country.

I agree with all of that.

One thing that was irritating in the old FO games was that you could only give certain weapons to certain group members, because they didn't all have code for the graphics of certain weapons. Since I'm certain FO3 will be 3d, that won't be a problem anymore.

And we do need vehicles! I'd love being able to play a sequence where you drive a bus while being hunted and shot at by bikers, though that does sound rather familiar already somehow... :D

I also want the main character to not be some clueless n00b coming from a vault or a tribe in the hills.

Aww, but being a total n00b is what made the FO games interesting - you learned about, discovered, and experienced the game world along with your main character.

But it could be stretching it a third time around, I'll admit.

Err, I am pretty sure that the weapon restrictions was a design decision. It may have affected a mod or something, but it makes more sense to me that the animations weren't included because they weren't necessary, as opposed to weapon restrictions being put in place because there's no animation.

Besides, aren't people like Ian, Cassidy, and Marcus still using standard models for themselves?

Err, I am pretty sure that the weapon restrictions was a design decision.  It may have affected a mod or something, but it makes more sense to me that the animations weren't included because they weren't necessary, as opposed to weapon restrictions being put in place because there's no animation.

Besides, aren't people like Ian, Cassidy, and Marcus still using standard models for themselves?

Yeah, they do, but there was definitely something up with Sulik that force me to let him use only melee weapons or burst weapons like the SMG...

Sulik may have been limited (I think his model was unique). But again, I'm pretty sure that the reason you can only let him use melee weapons or burst weapons is because the designers wanted it that way.

I'm pretty sure that Ian and Cassidy still had weapon restrictions on themselves as well.

I want a isometric turn based RPG where you can control your whole party.

I want it to be set around the time of Fallout 2, but in a different part of the country.

I also want the main character to not be some clueless n00b coming from a vault or a tribe in the hills.

How about another country entirely or, the world! It was WW3 and the nuclear war destroyed the world, not just the US. Travelling the nuclear scarred world would be nice. :lol:

I agree with your n00b thing. Been done to death.

Set it somewhere in Siberia... Old rocket silos, research facilities, Vodka...

They could call it Ice Waste Dale! (w00t)

Erhh... nevermind.

Could be fun and still kept in the 50'es retro style, just with a Post-Stalin slant to it (and a weird alphabet).

Vault dwellers are probably very much alike all over the world.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was considering to post something about Fallout 3 but I just know I would be insulted and attacked again by Alan and the such so I won't. I'll just say Van Buren, what info we had would have been the closest to what I want to see Fallout 3 to be.

Bethesda's style in CRPGs can't do Fallout justice.

Edited by 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit

Harvey

Set it somewhere in Siberia... Old rocket silos, research facilities, Vodka...

They could call it Ice Waste Dale!  (w00t)

Erhh... nevermind.

Could be fun and still kept in the 50'es retro style, just with a Post-Stalin slant to it (and a weird alphabet).

Vault dwellers are probably very much alike all over the world.

I'd really like to know where that tanker ended up.

Russia is a decent choice.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I was considering to post something about Fallout 3 but I just know I would be insulted and attacked again by Alan and the such so I won't.  I'll just say Van Buren, what info we had would have been the closest to what I want to see Fallout 3 to be.

Let's play spot the irony :p"

Note: You brought this jab on yourself, by calling me out.

I was considering to post something about Fallout 3 but I just know I would be insulted and attacked again by Alan and the such so I won't.  I'll just say Van Buren, what info we had would have been the closest to what I want to see Fallout 3 to be.

You win.

So true.

I want Fallout 3 to be about surviving after the nuclear holocaust, using all means necessary.

I want it to be about exploring, as I search out the remnants of our once great but fallen civilization.

I want to be able to search through the ruins of great cities, on my hunt for equipment that will help me stay alive against the mutated wildlife now occupying the continent.

I want big, detailed, works of passion in the maps, preferrably streaming without loading times, so the world keeps me immersed at all times.

I want an interesting story, laid out in the way that it doesn't hold my hand from beginning to end and it must be 'optional' in the sense that I'm allowed to progress it whenever I want to and not when the game wants to.

I want a well-balanced level-up system (no matter what it's called) that works as good as it did in Deus Ex. Lots of valuable skills, lots of perks and lots of ways of specializing my character.

I want driveable vehicles (like in the GTA series) although they should be rare.. and upgradable (just like my weapons)!

I want the fantastic humour of the first two games to remain intact, both in dialogues and in easter eggs/pop culture references.

I want the game to remain magic free and (almost) only utilize real technology and weapons.

I could make this list longer than John Holmes schlong, but I won't get that specific. Let's just say that even I (who's not the world's biggest Fallout fan) has a lot of thoughts and preferences when it comes to the Falluot universe. Bethesda has hell to look forward to.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I want it to be about exploring, as I search out the remnants of our once great but fallen civilization.

I want to be able to search through the ruins of great cities, on my hunt for equipment that will help me stay alive against the mutated wildlife now occupying the continent.

I want big, detailed, works of passion in the maps, preferrably streaming without loading times, so the world keeps me immersed at all times.

Looking specifically at exploring, do we want FO3 to be a vast, open expanse, that the player must search through? That would be rather different from the fairly small and "representative" areas or "screens" that we know from the predecessors. Not that I mind. It sounds good to me, but it would be a change.

It would mean there's a lot of free-roaming through areas that are likely to be devoid of anything but desert. Somehow I like that, but could mean an awful lot of empty territory. How do people feel about that?