A disturbing trend

Laozi

This is just another similiar incidents in what seems like a trend.

EDIT

Thanx for thwe link Surr I'm not sure why it didn't work

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This is the 2nd time in two years or so that I have heard a female teacher having sex with a student that is much younger then the legal age, and then theres a recent case inwhich a woman in Georgia got pregnant by her son's twelve yr. old friend.

I was wondering if things like this are happening in other counties and we're just not hearing about it

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This type of thing has happend in the UK more than a few times. I'll try and look for some links.

In the last several years there has been an explosion of media coverage on pedophilia cases. I'm not sure if there has been a rise in the number of actual offenders. I would attribute knowledge of this "phenomenon" more to a change in attitudes to this type of thing coupled with media focus. This has probably led to a a largely true stereotype of typical offenders being male.

So maybe people haven't been looking for cases such as that posted. I'm not sure that some sections of society even consider it a crime on the same level as a male molesting kids. There were loads of jokes about that case a few years back of the teacher who got pregnant by a student and went to jail but then once she was releassed married the (by that time of legal age) student.

there was a hugely publicized case in the 90's where a teacher slept with a student for most of his adolecent life... she had 2 kids with him and I think she got out and married him recently.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If the genders were reversed, everyone on this board would likely be attacking the person.

Food for thought. <_<

...But the genders aren't reversed. :-

Therefore...lucky damn kid. :ermm:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Its sick regardless of gender.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

If the genders were reversed, everyone on this board would likely be attacking the person.

Food for thought. <_<

...But the genders aren't reversed. :)

Therefore...lucky damn kid. :ermm:

But this kid was 11! That doesn't even seem old enough to satisfy.

I was referring to the junior high schooler who got the hot blonde. :-

Yes, this one's stretching it a bit.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

If they're truly in love, good for them.

I'm pretty sure things would have been given a more sinister spin if it was a male teacher getting it on with a 11 year old girl, which is probably more of an issue with gender perceptions in society. Maybe it's better if they would be treated similarly, though I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Legally they are treated the same, as evidenced by the fact that these women have been getting jail terms and have to register as sexual offenders. The problem with the law is when an 18 year old and a 17 year old get together...the parents can actually charge the 18 year old with statutory rape, whether it was consensual or not. That will stay on his or her record forever.

Edited by Hurlshot

I can't imagine anyone sane saying its ok for an adult to have sex with an eleven yr old.

Exactly.

It is gender-neutral. The whole reason that it is illegal AND IMMORAL to have carnal relations with a minor is exactly that: they are not regarded as capable of making an informed decision for themselves.

I wonder what your opinion would be if it were your child that someone your age or older were guilty of the lechery ... and let's not kid ourselves that anything like a resaonable percentage of these "events" ends happily.

It is child abuse. Full stop.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

oh yeah... well in that case it perfectly ok! ;)

so is bruning someone because you think shes a witch! remember, they did it all through the dark ages!

yeah it is sick .. the legal age (for having sex) is 18 in USA?

it's 15 here, guess we are a horny nation then... :)

Fortune favors the bald.

oh yeah... well in that case it perfectly ok!  ;)

so is bruning someone because you think shes a witch! remember, they did it all through the dark ages!

it's 15 here, guess we are a horny nation then...  :)

We don't really have a "legal age". It's weird, because once you hit 18 and, say, your girlfriend is 17, or 16, her parents can have you charged with statutory rape. (As was stated above somewhere...just clarifying). However, if you're under 18 and the person you're sleeping with is under 18...and your parents either A. don't know or B. don't care, then...hey, it's legally fine.

We've got a wonky way of doing things in this area...just like most other things our nation does.

Oh, and the 13 or 14-year-old who got the hot blonde teacher...none of you guys can tell me, at that age, something akin to sleeping with a hot blonde teacher wasn't at the forefront of your thoughts damn near 24/7. :p

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

oh yeah... well in that case it perfectly ok!  :-

it's 15 here, guess we are a horny nation then...  :p

Didn't say it was ok just that it's nothing new.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

The Greeks also had slavery with rape. And Meta's right. Child abuse is child abuse, and it's statutory because the kids can't make the decision to engage in carnal activity.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Greeks also had slavery with rape. And Meta's right. Child abuse is child abuse, and it's statutory because the kids can't make the decision to engage in carnal activity.

But it's a social age not a biological age. Thats why the age varies between societies. It's what society has determined they are are capable of not what biology has.

When it comes to teachers though you have the professional conduct that is expected of them. Much like therapists, you have a position of power which you should not abuse.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

age of concent varies from state to state... but in terms of youth love theres a four year difference that needs to appear before it's considered statuatory. (ie 12 and 16 is fine but 20 and fifteen is not.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.