Movies you like that everyone else hates.

Oerwinde

I think that all people who liked Waterworld, and the moronic speeded-up evolutionary process whereby someone can grow gills in centuries rather than hundreds of thousands of years, should all be "licenced" ... :lol:

Hrmm... HA, I didn't even realize how stupid that was until you mentioned it. I just thought the dumb part was having more water than currently exists in any form on earth.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Blue Velvet is supposed to be a good Hopper film. Ain't seen it meself but will do at some point. He and Christopher Walken had a good scene together in True Romance.

Waterworld was crap because it was long boring and stupid... and Costner was probably trying to convey some preachy message about the environment, which is stupid since evreyone knows that the only way the sea levels will rise is if every toilet on earth was flushed at the same time.

Oh and for the Brits - Downfall (Der Untergang) is on C4 tonight.

Dennis Hopper is one of the finest actors of his generation and he directed Easy Rider. He did go on permanent vacation after Blue Velvet, however. What good movies has he been on in the past 20 years?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, but he was only giving his stock bad guy performance.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hopper, and old time over the top dopehead hippie gone republican. What's not to like? :cool:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

If you go into a movie not expecting much, it's not hard to find something worthwhile in it.

Very rarely do I watch a movie and feel left out, because most movies always land right around my expectations.

He had a cool boat, and the action sequences were fun and entertaining IMO.

I felt it was much more a comedy than anything else. Cheesy one-liners and all.

Seriously, were Pearl Harbour veterans appalled at that movie?

I loved Saving Private Ryan's "big beginning" because it seemed like a decent portrayal of the actual events (according to veterans) of the Omaha landings, and definitely gave me the impression that I would NOT want to be there.

I would have thought Tora Tora Tora was more popular in Japan, in that movie the attack on Pearl Harbour actually feels like a Japanese victory, unlike how Jerry managed to turn it around in Pearl. :p

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.