TOP 10 TV SHOWS!

Volourn

Yay! Another list. I expect a lot of jokes and hoohaws about mine;l but meh one likes what they like. And, besides my shows are the best ever.

Just deal with mine, and I'll deal with yours. :-

Think of it as reminiscing about some terrific shows.

1. General Hospital - Best drama ever. The mob on this show > mob on that overrated HBO show.

2. Star Trek: The Next Generation - Deepest, most fun ST. Captain Picard > All.

3. Angel - Dark; but has some funnies. Wesley is quite possibly my fvaorite non main star of any tv show.

4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The one that started it all. Not as dark as Anegl was; but it has its momemnts. The characters were all fabulously written.

5. WWF(E) Raw - Not your typical tv show; but considering I have watched it almost every week since it first came on over 10 years; that says it must be doing something right.

6. Boy Meets World - Fun little sitcom. Tackled some serious stuff too.

7. Young & the Restless - The second soap on this list. Absolutely fantastic.

8. Roseanne - Tough, wise crackin' mom. That's all I gots to say.

9. The Practice - Best law drama ever. It crushes overrated shows like Law & Order with ease.

10. Sliders - ST:TNG without the ship. Good stuff.

Runners Up: WCW Nitro, Days of Our Lives, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Boston Public, Big Brother (all varieties), and a whole list of others...

P.S. I'm sure I misplaced a few older shows that may be top 10 quality...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

None of the shows are even remotely good. Taste might be subjective, but if I were you I'd punch god right in the face if you ever meet

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Sliders? Are you seroius? Sliders?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

"Sliders? Are you seroius? Sliders?"

Sure. The characters were well written, the different worlds were magnificantly done, and I was rarely (if ever) bored watching it. All signs point to its awesomeness.

"hAHA HE IS A LITTLE GIRL!"

Eh. Most of the shows on my list a little girl would not like and most definitely would not appreciate.

Astro: Good list. Most of those shows are good... except Firefly, X-Files, CSI, and 24...Dunno if Alf should be cosnidered good enough for a top 10 list though... Glad you appreciate ST:TNG pretty much as much as I do. :-

Edited by Volourn

"Sliders? Are you seroius? Sliders?"

Sure. The characters were well written, the different worlds were magnificantly done, and I was rarely (if ever) bored watching it. All signs point to its awesomeness.

"hAHA HE IS A LITTLE GIRL!"

Eh. Most of the shows on my list a little girl would not like and most definitely would not appreciate.

Astro: Good list. Most of those shows are good... except Firefly, X-Files, CSI, and 24...Dunno if Alf should be cosnidered good enough for a top 10 list though... Glad you appreciate ST:TNG pretty much as much as I do. :-

Watch season 2-3-4 and tell me again X-files wasn't good. As for Firefly, may you burn in deepest, hottest fires of a special kind of hell. :p

Surre:

The A-Team :)

Knight Rider :)

Macgyver :)

Quantum Leap :)

Brass Eye :-

Chappelle's Show :p

Lost :)

24 :(

Family Guy :)

South Park :)

Baley:

Yes Minister :(

Yes Prime Minister :(

Blackadder 4 :(

Justice League Unlimited :(

Blackadder 2 :(

The Shield :(

The Simpsons :)

Seinfeld :)

The Outer Limits :)

Farscape :(

Astro:

"Watch season 2-3-4 and tell me again X-files wasn't good."

Watched parts of its entire run. Not impressive - mainly because I didn't care for the main characters.

" As for Firefly, may you burn in deepest, hottest fires of a special kind of hell."

Just a wannabe Buffy, and Angel. He did all his good work on those shows, and then had nothing left for Firefly.

Edited by Volourn

I can only think of eight at the moment:

-Home Movies

-Futurama

-Nova

-Sealab 2021 (w/Capt. Murphy)

-Monty Python's Flying Circus

-The Office (British)

-Independent Lense

-Mythbusters?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Brass Eye - Extremely subversive show that satirised media and celebrity via the format of a fake current affairs programme.

Undeclared has some kind of connection with 40 y/o virgin, right? A lot of the same actors and the same writer or something.

Edited by Surreptishus

Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers

Surre:

The A-Team :)

Knight Rider :)

Macgyver :)

Quantum Leap :)

Brass Eye :-

Chappelle's Show :p

Lost :)

24 :(

Family Guy :)

South Park :)

Baley:

Yes Minister :(

Yes Prime Minister :(

Blackadder 4 :(

Justice League Unlimited :(

Blackadder 2 :(

The Shield :(

The Simpsons :)

Seinfeld :)

The Outer Limits :)

Farscape :(

Astro:

"Watch season 2-3-4 and tell me again X-files wasn't good."

Watched parts of its entire run. Not impressive - mainly because I didn't care for the main characters.

" As for Firefly, may you burn in deepest, hottest fires of a special kind of hell."

Just a wannabe Buffy, and Angel. He did all his good work on those shows, and then had nothing left for Firefly.

See, I always found Buffy very sucky and Angel even worse(except for Charisma and then she left) so I was never interested in Firefly until a friend made me watch it and I c*** in my pants and I've been a Browncoat ever since.

"Watched parts of its entire run"? You have to watch it all. Again, I didn't like X-Files at first until a friend made me watch a continuous stream of episodes. Granted, the last season sucks, especially the "finale" but everything that was shot in Vancouver was brilliant.

I don't think I've ever seen a TV show completely.

V was pretty good that one I did see since it wasnt that long.

Angel I liked (see astr0creps post for bonus reasons)

Buffy some were good some not so good.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

No particular order:

Firefly

Wonderfalls

Keen Eddie

South Park

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Lost

The Simpsons

Band of Brothers <- mini series count?

Arrested Development

and the last one is subject to change, but: Battlestar Galatica

Hmm, no Survivor fans here? I actually really enjoyed the first season. It was new and unique then, at least to the US audience. Unfortunately there are too many reality shows out now. I also think the first few seasons of The Real World were huge too, before they turned into drunken frat parties.

Buffy, Angel, and Firefly were great guilty pleasures. My favorite cartoon was GI Joe.

1-10: Fawlty Towers

/end thread...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not in any order (and this list includes those from my pre-kindergarden years)

South Park

Friday the 13th

Simpsons

Chappelle's Show

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

Batman (cartoon series)

Dragonball Z

Darkwing Duck

Myth Busters

Beast Wars

No Sailer Moon? :luck::(:(

American shows I enjoyed back when I had a TV: