KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

When you have enough credits, you leave the Exchange and go to live on the outer-rim/unknown regions world of Exocron and you study Galactic History because you want to become an historian. And during the beginning of the events of K3, you are studying Galactic History, and you have to write two autobiographies, one on Revan and one on the Exile which means that their genders, alignments, appearences, classes, lightsaber types and colours are set, anyone like my idea?

Actually I do. But some poor sucker still has to implement that. Which is why I'd just rather start over with a new story thread.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

How about your new K3 main character is somebody who was 13 years old during the Jedi Civil War and failed their training (you can choose from a number of different species). Then your sent to Telos to do Labour Work for the Jedi Order as a non-Jedi and then leave to become a freelance mercenary for the Intergalactic Exchange just before the events of K2.

Will someone please explain the appeal of being a mercenary to me? I can't for the life of me work it out. There is no romance and mercenaries have been named "dogs of war" for a reason.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Will someone please explain the appeal of being a mercenary to me?

It pays well.

It's also a profession that dosnt have a "side". Which gives you a lot of freedom of choice.

...There is that, but I still don't like it personally. Traditionally, mercs fight for the highest bidder and generally, lack a lot of morals. And loyalty. Except to their purse.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Guest The Architect

Well there has to be a reason why my character makes enough credits to leave Telos because he/she is sick of doing labour work for the Jedi Order and it explains why your K3 main character is not there during K2 and why he/she is not killed by the Sith in K2.

Edited by The Architect

Will someone please explain the appeal of being a mercenary to me?

It pays well.

It's also a profession that dosnt have a "side". Which gives you a lot of freedom of choice.

...There is that, but I still don't like it personally. Traditionally, mercs fight for the highest bidder and generally, lack a lot of morals. And loyalty. Except to their purse.

Besides, what do you need the money for in KotOR? It really wasn't a major priority in KotOR1, and I hardly paid any attention to it at all in KotOR2, since you could just create stuff and sell for cash if it came to that...

Besides, what do you need the money for in KotOR? It really wasn't a major priority in KotOR1, and I hardly paid any attention to it at all in KotOR2, since you could just create stuff and sell for cash if it came to that...

There was money in K2 ;)

There was money in K2 ;)

There was, but did you need it? I hardly noticed it, let alone used it much, myself.

There was money in K2  ;)

There was, but did you need it? I hardly noticed it, let alone used it much, myself.

Hence my comment about asking if there was money. :-"

Guest The Architect

Table 1 Latest Poll Standings

K (35)

I (35)

F (15)

J (14)

A (7)

L (6)

H (5)

B (4)

N (3)

M (3)

D (2)

O (1)

G (1)

C (1)

E (1)

Table 2 Latest Poll Standings

R) 68

Q) 47

P) 14

Then READ the choices Dvan. Do you want to vote for option 8,9,10 or perhaps 14??? They are not related to anyone!!!!!

I read and I disliked most of them. I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer, but it was late last night. I thought I'd forgotten to add something to my reply. I also freely admit that I somehow missed 8 and 9. I'm not sure how. I'll ratify that now:

After a careful re-read -

Okay, 8 or 9 - mm, maybe. Possibly. I don't like 12 or 14. Yes, either of these two would work. Just as long as its done right and without making the PC into the next "SuperJedi" or "SuperSith".

:p A Jedi padawan grown up on a Republic world or someone discovered by the Jedi order and taken in for training*

9) A force sensitive grown up in the Outer rim or in the Unknown regions (not discovered by the Jedi) *

So my vote will be for 8 or 9. It doesn't especially matter which. 9 might be more interesting since we've already had Revan and the Exile and both of them were trained by the Council. Perhaps 9 could come to this New Jedi Council formed by the Exile freely for training. *shrug*. But yes, that gets my vote.

hi,

i dont know what anyone thinks but to be totally outhere maybe a prequel set a while back being one of the first jedi and turning dark to produce one of the original human sith or something

another idea which can link to the other one is to play a little bit and then establish a jedi school on a different planet depending on good or evil.

if we establish a school we could get a padawan that follows us this also allows for more variation as the jedi padawan could be heading to the dark side and we save them(or get seduced :p )

same goes for the sith we could turn a force user who is at the sith temple who strives to be good we could turn him or in turn be turned ( turn turn turn turn) :D

another idea would be to maybe be a distant relative to revan malek exile and learning different techniques from various people to show where they learnt them.

if people go with the ancestor idea there could be visions of there descendants fighting different people since the kotor series allows for different paths to be taken if we are evil ancestors the visions could be of evil descendents fighting the jedi and a little bit of dialog and vica-verca if we play as a good force weilder. just an idea would like to see if anyone thinks the idea is good.

Then READ the choices Dvan. Do you want to vote for option 8,9,10 or perhaps 14??? They are not related to anyone!!!!!

I read and I disliked most of them. I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer, but it was late last night. I thought I'd forgotten to add something to my reply. I also freely admit that I somehow missed 8 and 9. I'm not sure how. I'll ratify that now:

After a careful re-read -

Okay, 8 or 9 - mm, maybe. Possibly. I don't like 12 or 14. Yes, either of these two would work. Just as long as its done right and without making the PC into the next "SuperJedi" or "SuperSith".

:p A Jedi padawan grown up on a Republic world or someone discovered by the Jedi order and taken in for training*

9) A force sensitive grown up in the Outer rim or in the Unknown regions (not discovered by the Jedi) *

So my vote will be for 8 or 9. It doesn't especially matter which. 9 might be more interesting since we've already had Revan and the Exile and both of them were trained by the Council. Perhaps 9 could come to this New Jedi Council formed by the Exile freely for training. *shrug*. But yes, that gets my vote.

Okay, no problems then. Sorry about the anger in my reply too. I place your vote in number 9.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect

Well it turns out that '9' is the idea I'm going to implement into my K3 story, to be somebody that never got trained or discovered by the Jedi Order or found by the Old Republic because the world he/she lives on is too far away from the groups, the world your new K3 main character should be on is Exocron, which touches on the fringes of the unknown regions, way out in the outer-rim.

And this time it's the Ancient Sith Empire that's going to take you in and train you, not the Jedi Order, there gonna take you in because early on you get to demonstrate your skills and show your potential to them, thus gaining their attention and instead of destroying you, why not offer to train you and perhaps do some tasks for them that will make them proud. Like I said, I will eventually get around to working on my K3 story and I'll announce it when I'm complete so if anybody's interested in my ideas they can PM me about it.

Edited by The Architect

hi,

i dont know what anyone thinks but to be totally outhere maybe a prequel set a while back being one of the first jedi and turning dark to produce one of the original  human sith or something

an RPG (trilogy) based on the Great Hyperspace War (which is when ancient Sith and humans first meet) would be lots of fun, IMO.

you could also do one based around the life and exploits of Freedon Nadd.

but, if they do go back in the timeline, I think I would like to see the Mandalorian Wars fleshed out more (heck, maybe I could even play as a Mandalorian!). Other than the Mandalorian Wars, I would like to see a trilogy based on the Sith War (which is Exar Kun/Nomi Sunrider's time).

hi,

i dont know what anyone thinks but to be totally outhere maybe a prequel set a while back being one of the first jedi and turning dark to produce one of the original  human sith or something

an RPG (trilogy) based on the Great Hyperspace War (which is when ancient Sith and humans first meet) would be lots of fun, IMO.

you could also do one based around the life and exploits of Freedon Nadd.

but, if they do go back in the timeline, I think I would like to see the Mandalorian Wars fleshed out more (heck, maybe I could even play as a Mandalorian!). Other than the Mandalorian Wars, I would like to see a trilogy based on the Sith War (which is Exar Kun/Nomi Sunrider's time).

Actually, I think he's talking about the time when the jedi cast out those who followed the dark side - the dark jedi - who eventually found their way to Korriban and the sith species and then founded the sith empire, which would be after the Second Great Schism around 3000 years before the KotOR era and 7000 years before the movie era.

EDIT: KotOR1 was supposed to be have stronger connections to some of the characters of the Sith War. Bastila was originally the name of the Cathar (I'm glad they changed it - it's pretty unoriginal to call a cat-person BASTila), and the female jedi with battle meditation was to have been Vima Sunrider, who would presumably have learned battle meditation from her mother, Nomi.

Edited by Jediphile

Actually, I think he's talking about the time when the jedi cast out those who followed the dark side - the dark jedi - who eventually found their way to Korriban and the sith species and then founded the sith empire, which would be after the Second Great Schism around 3000 years before the KotOR era and 7000 years before the movie era.

ah, thanks for that clarification....anyway, starting off as one of the exiled Jedi on Korriban and building your own faction of Sith followers and having rivals....that would be cool.

Playing a youngling sounds interesting. The problem is that the game would inevitably fall under the "for kids" label for sure.

A DS youngling...  :D

Oh please can I play a whiney 8 year old :p"

Seriously though. You can have a fable style prologue if you want to start the character at that age. But still be an "adult" when the game proper starts.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Playing a youngling sounds interesting. The problem is that the game would inevitably fall under the "for kids" label for sure.

A DS youngling...  :D

Oh please can I play a whiney 8 year old :p"

Seriously though. You can have a fable style prologue if you want to start the character at that age. But still be an "adult" when the game proper starts.

No, you can't have a Fable-like prologue because the game will inevitably be compared to Fable.

And I have just 1 word for playing a youngling : Yippeee! :)