SW Cantina Ep4

tic tac

I started playing it last night. I'm going through the tutorial first as I was never very good at RTSs.

Seems interesting but I find that there is not enough difference between land battles and space battles. It's basically the same thing with a different "ground" image/backdrop. Instead of grass/sand you have space and you are still in a top-down isometric view, no 3rd dimension. And not enough exploration opportunities.

Seems ok to me though. Better than other Star Wars RTSs anyways.

I prefer Battlegrounds (think thats what it was called).

This one seems to be typical RTS with Star Wars skins. Not that Battlegrounds wasnt either. But Battlegrounds was the first of that type of thing.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

*waits for the violin*

In other news, I am playing it and enjoying it.

It is nice to see that the AI isn't completely retarded. When choosing it's targets, the fighter-killing corvettes prefer to choose fighter targets, rather than near invincible capital ships.

Large fights with Mon Calamari Cruisers and Imperial Star Destroyers are a ton of fun. The wreckage floating through space makes it all worth while.

I don't care as much for the land combat personally, though I don't mind it. The space battles is where I have all of my fun.

Edited by alanschu

*waits for the violin*

In other news, I am playing it and enjoying it.

It is nice to see that the AI isn't completely retarded.  When choosing it's targets, the fighter-killing corvettes prefer to choose fighter targets, rather than near invincible capital ships.

Large fights with Mon Calamari Cruisers and Imperial Star Destroyers are a ton of fun.  The wreckage floating through space makes it all worth while.

I don't care as much for the land combat personally, though I don't mind it.  The space battles is where I have all of my fun.

Thanks for the insight, can't wait to get it. :shifty:

Edited by tic tac

I'm here, and I'm not happy becouse:

Some of you wishes me banned  :)

Someone stole my thread  :blink:

Someone (or more ppl) killed the previous thread  <_<

EDIT: Oh, and I soooo hate alts  :angry:

Well I like you (not that that counts for anything). *grumbles* and I hate alts too. :ph34r:

So... er, back on topic - best star wars game ever? :ph34r:

...Kotor for the win?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Surprised you didn't hate it for it's patches for joystick problems, as well as sound issues.

Actually I dont recall having any problems with it.

Installing the six floppies was a chore though :)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is the Jedi Knights series any good? I thought I asked this, don't remember.

I'm playing through Jedi Outcast (also known as Jedi Knight II) right now. It has a really good story but it is a twitchfest...no question about it.....it has more in common with Quake than KOTOR, that is for sure.

I have heard that Jedi Academy (also known as Jedi Knight III) has a much better gameplay (lightsaber forms, dual blade option, etc). Unlike JO, JA starts you off as a Force user. And Jedi Academy has minigames (such as swoop racing combat).