Do you prefer the light side or the dark side?

I am the peacekeeper, the nice guy, and plus gets all the ladies. LS is where it's at.

DS is for gothic people, sociopaths, and just plain psychopaths. Or just bullie's in school. Usually, they don't get laid, as much as LS people do.  :(

Umm... if that's the case, then why aren't I DS? :)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

In a game I think of DS as fun. In real life though I'm pretty much lightside (about 65 on the 0-fullDS 100-fullLS bar).

In a game I know that when starting a fight I'll always win and if I do it won't leave me ugly scars which then make the job of getting a girl more difficult :p

Doesn't mean I'm weak though - I just don't think causing pain to someone in real life is fun :)

I do understand why some people are attracted to playing DS. In RL we're constantly lectured to by people who seem to have nothing better to do that moralize, so when we enter escapist territory, it's nice to have the freedom to let go of the restraints and behave like a pig and generally be as evil and malicious as you can get away with.

However, I've never been able to enjoy it myself. I've played the DS sides of both K1 and K2, but I really didn't enjoy it all that much - it was mostly the lure of seeing the alternate endings that attracted me to it, and once I'd seem them, I never went back.

i guess Darkside since its only a video game and i can be a sociopath

Your no sociopath unless you scream with rage, have a weird joker-goblin maniacl laugh, or a manipulative maniac as Palpatine. I do like Darkside, But I hate Goth people, devil/demon worshipers. I beleive in a world where only sociopathic sith shall rule. Not the fools

I think DS is attracting to many partly because you can do many things you can't in reality, you have the feeling you are POWERFUL and also the DS ending of K1 was cool (too bad I can't quite say that for the DS ending of K2, but we all know the reasons for it being what it is).

However the same goes for LS in some cases; would you really give 2500$ to a total stranger? At least, LS has a nice feeling of saisfaction when you do something really good, not to mention there are some nice rewards.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I think DS is attracting to many partly because you can do many things you can't in reality, you have the feeling you are POWERFUL and also the DS ending of K1 was cool (too bad I can't quite say that for the DS ending of K2, but we all know the reasons for it being what it is).

However the same goes for LS in some cases; would you really give 2500$ to a total stranger? At least, LS has a nice feeling of saisfaction when you do something really good, not to mention there are some nice rewards.

Spoken mostly true. Better to do the DS nasty approach in a game than in real life. That's what I like about games like this, you can do evil things as a stress releaser from real life.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

But think of all the REAL fake people you're hurting, causing REAL fake pane and messing with REAL fake lives!

:)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

• 2 months later...

The lightside usually. I only play ds for the endings, or when I'm really pissed off...

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.