British soldiers beat Iraqi kids

Walsingham

My reading of this so far from you guys is

Kids breaking stuff is human nature and OK.

Soldiers beating up kids who break stuff is human nature ...and sick and evil.

:lol:

Kaft, in particular, I think you might want to ease up a little. Watch the interview with the cameraman. Try to imagine the pressure the soldiers were under. It's still wrong, but sick and evil? I'm not comfortable making that judgement.

Sure, kids breaking things and causing general trouble is generally human nature, as we see it pretty much everywhere in the world, which must of course be punished. Is it really so right to punish these kids by beating them that severely? I think we may be forgetting that these kids would probably be able to feel the pain from being beaten a heck of a lot more than any of us would, with them being so young. Beating any person like that is to me, sick and evil generally really, which makes it so much worse to do that to those kids.

Not too sure if that paragraph makes much sense there, but just trying to get my feelings out.

My reading of this so far from you guys is

Kids breaking stuff is human nature and OK.

Soldiers beating up kids who break stuff is human nature ...and sick and evil.

:lol:

Kaft, in particular, I think you might want to ease up a little. Watch the interview with the cameraman. Try to imagine the pressure the soldiers were under. It's still wrong, but sick and evil? I'm not comfortable making that judgement.

Sure, kids breaking things and causing general trouble is generally human nature, as we see it pretty much everywhere in the world, which must of course be punished. Is it really so right to punish these kids by beating them that severely? I think we may be forgetting that these kids would probably be able to feel the pain from being beaten a heck of a lot more than any of us would, with them being so young. Beating any person like that is to me, sick and evil generally really, which makes it so much worse to do that to those kids.

Not too sure if that paragraph makes much sense there, but just trying to get my feelings out.

AND if soldiers beat kids, then I can assure you that the nation of what the soldiers are from will have much more enemys if the kids grow up <_<

IB1OsQq.png

It's war, we are the bad guys so we must do evil things. Let the beatings continue!

o:)

"We"? I didn't know Canada sent soliders into Iraq.

Besides, Canada don't do evil. Besides the occasional pop singer

Yes, I begin with Bush, and I let you do the other ones :D

IB1OsQq.png

It may not be very wise to demand proper education of children and proper acts from children while living in your home country, under the supervision of "democratic forces". And I wish I had the chance to "meet in person" with the commentator to further discuss the details of that video. Beating children, imho, is a bit sadistic, which only shows the weakness of an individual and trying to prove that one is overwhelming to himself/herself.

only an opinion.

It's war, we are the bad guys so we must do evil things. Let the beatings continue!

:rolleyes:

"We"? I didn't know Canada sent soliders into Iraq.

Besides, Canada don't do evil. Besides the occasional pop singer

Canada, like the rest of the so-called "coalition", mops up after the US destroys everything. We still have people in Afghanistan trying to keep things together.

Also, doing nothing in the evidence of evil is just as evil as doing it.

Canada doesn't have troops in Iraq, do they? I haven't seen em any of the coalition statistics.

On that note, the local Iraqi leadership in Basra want the 550 Danes out after the Muhammed Drawings crisis, surely they feel a silly cartoon is worth more than rebuilding their country. :ermm:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Those kids needed a good beating. It's just too bad it had to come from a British solider and not their own parents (hey maybe their parents were dead).

best way to teach people, scar them while they are young :nuke: . Come on though you have rock...i have a gun :huh:, don't be dumb and throw a freakin rock. i love the british education system way to go Mr. Blair :lol:

http://www.break.com/index/britishiraq12.html

I think it is worth looking at the original material.

On the one hand I can't possibly condone what they are doing. But on the other hand it looks to me like they simply got fed up with being pelted with crap. Your average squaddie takes violence directed at them personally. You could argue they are just applying basic punishment.

This won't look good...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I think you're trying too hard to exonerate the soldiers, Walsingham. If this had happened in the US, those soldiers would be jailed.

At any case, this can only lead to worsening relations between the civilian populace of Iraq and the occupation. I tend to agree from their point of view: if we were there for the purpose of "liberation," why do we disobey the wants of the population?

There are doors