Diablo 3 rumours.

kirottu

:D I heard that

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

This time theyve removed even more unnescessary content, D3 will simly feature a gigantic open battlefield where you can just hack and hack and hack your enemies to bits between levelling and looting their corpses.

What more does any good game really need? I Havent played a Game with a reallly goood story since arcanum, and before that was Fallout 1.

So if you dump the stroy idea, you get what diablo does best. Hack slash kill, find random Loot. I just like the random aspect to the game. The whole loot generated on the fly based on sets of variables, makes the game really last a while. Sure it's a no brainer but somtimes, thats all you want is to kick back, kill stuff, get loot and have fun.

A prime example of what makes loot so important is City of Heroes. That game had some really cool potential, unfortunatly thier lack of Loot (along with some really bad re-design ideas) pretty much killed it for me.

Now another really cool part about diable is the character creation. I love the way it works. It's simple yet complex on some levels. I guess the game over all is like that. It can be really easy, or pretty difficult, depending on what your willing to do in the game. Diablo II apeals to many masses, and dare I say has sold more copies then any other game... ever!

I'm quite excited for Diabor III as long as it doesnt end up being a Pay to Play MMO, which is what I fear.

Sure some people hate it, but it all comes down to a matter of taste.

Call it an RPG or not, who really cares as long as it's fun!

Some people hate FPS's (I'm one of them) yet One of my favorite games is the GTA series. Its deffinatly a FPS but it's so much fun to play that I tend to look over the technical aspect of what the game is.

Games are ment to be fun first and foremost. If they fail to achieve that then nothing you can do to the game will make it suceed.

True enough. I did have fun playing Diablo II... at least until I finished it and had watched all the videos. Then my interest took quite a nose-dive...

Diablo II is completely dependent on having friends online to play with. Running around in single-player is not so much fun, especially since it is specifically engineered towards increasing your chances of finding loot that only the other classes but your own can use. I do understand the principle, but I always felt that was a bit silly. I mean, the chances of a really cool item being usable to your specific class was only 20% or lower to begin with, so what's the point?

Edited by Jediphile

Some people hate FPS's (I'm one of them) yet One of my favorite games is the GTA series. Its deffinatly a FPS but it's so much fun to play that I tend to look over the technical aspect of what the game is.

Games are ment to be fun first and foremost. If they fail to achieve that then nothing you can do to the game will make it suceed.

Agreed on the first and last, but the GTA series isn't FPS. More like TPS.

And yes, I loved the Diablo games. Hack n' Slash at its finest.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

:blink:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

What about peace, love, and understanding?

- Everlast

That...doesn't seem right. :blink:

- Everlast

I take it I won't be getting any free love from you then, right?

- Everlast