KOTOR 1 or KOTOR 2?

So I'm thinking of buying either KOTOR 1 or KOTOR 2 for the PC, mainly because I want to test out of mods. Thing is, I don't know which one to get. I mean, KOTOR 2 has the whole Restoration Project, but then again KOTOR 1 has a lot of things I'd like to test out (like Revan's cutscene robes and such)

So what I need of you guys is to post your thoughts on which version I should get, and why.

Edit: And keep gameplay aspects out of it, because I just want to know which version has the best mods (in your opinion).

Edited by Draken_Fett

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Why not both?

You can buy KotOR 1 first (because the story begins whit it obviously) and then TSL, because it is the continuaion.

Both games have great mods.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I suppose that's an option. Tell you what: I'm just going to go to the store with as much money as I can muster, and I'll see what I can afford. Maybe both, maybe just one. I'll posts back here when I return. Thanks for the input, both of you guys. :huh:

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

it would be nice if the consoles offered something, feel so freakin cheated >_<

Than get it for PC...

That's the only way to get Mods...

(and Mods are why I'm a PC gamer, not a X-box one...)

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

it would be nice if the consoles offered something, feel so freakin cheated :wacko:

A benefit of buying games for the PC. :p

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'd say KotOR 1 simply because it's the first in the series but still has great mods and stuff. I mean if you haven't played either you will be very satisfied with both.

Although the Restoration Project is a big gain for the mods of K2, you gotta remember why it exists in the first place :wacko:. K1 doesn't need a Restoration Project. Besides, may as well play with K1 and when the Restoration Project finishes, then get K2 and it should be cheaper too.

At least Pure Pazaak is an option regardless of the game you get ^_^

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I have not tried any mods for either game. I have installed some fixes that was not included in the patch for some reason. The Telos criminals and the Ebon Hawk hidden compartment fixes is what I have installed for Kotor 2.

I also have the fixes...

but lots of Mods also are in my override file... :thumbsup:

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I remember some guy came to the forums and was telling us about this big mod he had planned for The Sith Lords. It was really like an entirely different game. New story new characters, I even think a different time frame. I wonder what happened to him? Maybe when we all got together collectively as a forum and told him it would never work, he decided not to do it.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Thread Pruned. No need for off topic conversation eh?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester