Cure for AIDS within the decade?

metadigital

Did I say we would never do that? I meant we will always do hat.

Yes, we will always do hat.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Looks like we're moving toward a closing guys. Fun's fun but bring it back on topic eh? :p"

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Hey...

Did you guys hear about that cure for AIDS they are working on? They say it should be here by the end of the decade.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I thought in the UK the greatest rise in infection rates was among young heteros, not gays and hookers. And I would urge you to sit an d think a while on your attitude to those with AIDS. Firstly I thought y'all weren't the kind of insane far right wingers to take comfort in the notion that 'only bad people get AIDS'. I also don't hodl with teh notion that AIDS will take the weak or the unnecesary.

I wasn't going to say this, but I'll do so to make this a bit more real, not for sympathy. The lady who looked after me when I was a baby died of HIV in 2002. She contracted it from her abusive partner who died shortly before her. She was a very dear friend, and a remarkable woman. So when you talk about the disease consider that it could take someone you care about.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And think of alll the money, talent and effort being redirected to fight aids instead of finding cures for all the different cancers or perfecting advanced tratments utilizing replacement organs and parts of the body's systems (nervous, circulatory, endocrine, lymph, bone / teeth, reproductive), etc.

So stop screwing about, think with the other brain, and let's all work together to make the world a happier, healthier place.

*END Public Service Announcement*

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I understand your point, meta, but the fact remains that if we as a global populace do not get a handle on AIDS, worrying about cancer, heart disease and other such killers of humanity might just become moot. If you get my drift...

your faith in medical science is misplaced, nature always wins in the end.

We eradicated smallpox, and we're doing pretty well against polio (we would have eradicated it already if it weren't for all the stupid wars everywhere). We did OK against SARS, too, despite some initial stumbles.

I know development workers who are unhappy that HIV/AIDS research and treatment are diverting funding from other important health issues, particularly malaria, in the developing world. I don't think that research into transplants is the best use of money to benefit the greatest number of people, though.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I understand your point, meta, but the fact remains that if we as a global populace do not get a handle on AIDS, worrying about cancer, heart disease and other such killers of humanity might just become moot.  If you get my drift...

It's entirely preventable. Perhaps it is Darwin's way of instilling some moral rectitude and self respect into the human race. :)"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT