All Saints are back!!!!

AlternaFurkle

I'm sorry, WHO got back together?

If you had told me a couple years back that Greenday was going to become more popular than ever, I'd have been fine with it. Now? Not so much. American Idiot was terrible and not deserving of such fame. I suppose that's why they got it.

No, Dookie was a totally incredible album. I really don't understand how they could have fallen so far.

Also, how can Green Day and Busted be compared? It's not like Busted actually tries to write music. They're not serious. Green Day does try to write good music, they just keep ****ing it up.

I usually hate Greenday's type of music because it has no real purpose, but Greenday seem to have some sort of meaning behind their music so they aren't as bad I thought they once were. I utterly despise music that has no real meaning or purpose. I still can't believe that I'm the only person I know that actually likes All Saints, let alone remember them.

Not only that, but half my friends haven't even heard of TLC! They're quick to buzz over crap like 50 Cent but don't stop to appreciate how rap is supposed to be done (R.I.P Lisa 'Left-eye' Lopes).

Greenday seem to have some sort of meaning behind their music so they aren't as bad I thought they once were. I utterly despise music that has no real meaning or purpose.

The irony is gleaming.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Not only that, but half my friends haven't even heard of TLC! They're quick to buzz over crap like 50 Cent but don't stop to appreciate how rap is supposed to be done (R.I.P Lisa 'Left-eye' Lopes).

Wait, you screw around over Green Day, but you like rap? I mean, Green Day is pretty bad, but rap isn't even music.

Lyrics are not music. Especially if spoken, not sung.

That is a completely untrue statement. I don't like rap, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still considered music. It has rhythm, and sometimes even a little melody playing. Just because there is no singing, doesn't mean something isn't music.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I actually like Greenday...some of the newer stuff too.

What's different about their old stuff, which I've heard, and still listen to? It all sounds the same to me.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Wait a minute... is this guy saying that some people actually like TLC? Man! For years I blissfully hoped that the only reason they were on the charts was because of payola.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I might get beaten down with sticks here, but if you listen closely to some rap (I.E. not 'Gangsta' rap), you can actually hear some good-quality poetry being used, with hidden meanings and the lyrics being deeper than 'Gangsta' rap.

I wouldn't class Brother Ali as gangsta rap at all really Baley, in fact some of the music I have heard from him has been quite good, as far as rap goes.

Surr, Gangsta rap in my and a few other people I know eyes is rap made by people kind of like Eminem, which is just rap about killing, stealing and shooting and general things you would see on GTA: SA. Generally it doesn't include much clever poetry, just the rappers grunting and complaining about how their stash has run dry to beats. That's the way i see it anyway.

Edited by Petay

There is no music, only noise.

Baley, you are inn grave danger of expunging your reputation as a spammer in favour of becoming a poet!

I wouldn't class Brother Ali as gangsta rap at all really Baley, in fact some of the music I have heard from him has been quite good, as far as rap goes.

Did you download those D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I watched Shaznay Lewis in Bend It Like Beckham last night. She's OK as an actress (good enough for soaps, at least), yet I don't remember seeing her in anything else.

Singing Daleks: an idea whose time has come. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

That is a completely untrue statement.  I don't like rap, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still considered music.  It has rhythm, and sometimes even a little melody playing.  Just because there is no singing, doesn't mean something isn't music.

Dude, you completely misinterpreted everything I said. I never said singing was neccesary. If it was, I wouldn't be a rabid Mogwai fan. I just said talking isn't music, and talking over a drum machine and a sample does not equel music, no matter how you try to spin my words. It's not music, it's a poetry presentation with aural ambience, nothing more, nothing less. I still don't understand how anyone ever came up with the idea of classifying it as a genre.

That people consider rap music doesn't change the fact that it isn't. I mean, there are still people out there who consider Hitler a good guy too. What people consider means diddley squat.

If it were music, then street gangs would be considered as girly as The West Side Story. Because that's the kind of context in which gangs who use music goes.

Edited by TrueNeutral