NWN2 is absolutely PC exclusive?

Blank

I'm pretty sure the main point of NWN is its single player, as Bioware themselves stated that the majority of the people that played NWN only played the OC.  It was all part of their explanation of why Hordes of the Underdark did not officially support multiplayer.

How sad. You buy an "not that great" game, and then you only use the worst parts of it... :ermm:

Ah well, consumer "Intelligence" it seems...

EDIT; No, the *you* is not aimed to Alanschu, but to any random person buying NWN

That's awfully judgemental and self-righteous.

I'd suggest getting off your high horse.

"Buying NWN only for the OC is like buying BattleField 2 only for SinglePlayer..."

No. Espicially since the OC is better than most other RPGs. No, since most people who did play it enjoyed it. No, because you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I've heard a lot more complaints about the OC than actual praise. But I don't agree it's like BF1942, because that game had the multiplayer maps ready to go right from the get-go. NWN took time to really develop the mod community, but many strong single player campaigns came out of it.

Hades, you tell me to start another topic, yet you are the one who brought up the single player community. You say they got shafted because the OC was lackluster, but I disagree, because a huge community of modders came out with single player mods. I know, because I prefer single player games tremendously. I was unhappy with NWN at first, but when I returned to it a few months later, it was a different product. I realize many people bought it and never touched it after the OC, but that doesn't mean there aren't good single player experiences out there for NWN.

The toolset might be a bit hard to implement.  Has anyone tried something as ambitious for a console title  yet?

I think that would be the single biggest reason it would be difficult to port NWN2 to console.

The toolset makes up a big part of what NWN is. I'm not sure console online has reached the point where implementing that toolset and having access to various other mods and whatnot are feasible at this point.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"I realize many people bought it and never touched it after the OC"

Define 'many'. BIO's own research suggests the oppositre. The majority of people played the included OC(s) and did not touch anything else *at all*.

"I've heard a lot more complaints about the OC than actual praise."

That's because you are reading the same posts by the same people over,a nd over again.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

IT LACKED PATRICK STEWARD!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

MY REPLY LACKED THE LETTER "T"! OH THE HUMANITY!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And we have arrived at that little place between constructive posting and derailment ... and in this silence let us hope we shall return to the place where constructive and on-topic posting occurs ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

That is why porting needs to stop. Instead of porting a game that it will play and feel the same for both platforms why not make a game then make a GUI built for the PC then a separate GUI that will work for the console. This way you can have compex gameplay options which the PC player wants while not lose the kids on the console.