NHL

Fionavar

Volologic strikes again. Seriously though, Edmonton is a lot different than St. Louis in climate and culture. But they have a great hockey tradition, so I think they will have no problem attracting other players. I'm just surprised that Pronger would be so willing to run from Edmonton when he's really played his best hockey there. Clearly his wife wears the pants.

Blaming Edmonton is silly. Each city has unique aspects, and they won't always mix well with certain players. New York has it's own problems. Theo Fleury and Sandis Ozolinsh are prime examples of players who couldn't handle the big apple.

exactly, its not like the oiler made him sign with them, Edmonton's only responsibility is to pay him

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"Blaming Edmonton is silly. Each city has unique aspects, and they won't always mix well with certain players. New York has it's own problems. Theo Fleury and Sandis Ozolinsh are prime examples of players who couldn't handle the big apple."

Agreed. Which is why I think calling him names, and wishing him the worst does nothing. When Fleury's time in NY fell apart, I didn't start bashing him. I wished him well, and moved on. Same with that NJ guy who the Rangers overpaid, and who udnerperfromed.

"exactly, its not like the oiler made him sign with them, Edmonton's only responsibility is to pay him"

Not exactly true. While legally (depending on contract) that's all they need to. For a business, and an employee to have a long lasting relationship; the business must do what they cna to make the employee happy (and, vice versa). Obviously, the Oilers didn't do a good job with that. Sure, they paid them; but obviously they failed at keeping him happy. I mean, if nearly winning the stanley cup, and paying him very well isn't enough; obviously soemthingw ent wrong.

And, I'm sure when the POilers courted Pronger they pimped the city starting how 'awesome' Edmonton was'. From Pronger's view, they were seemingly wrong. But,s till at this time, Edmonton has him by the ballz. They can either make him stay and let everyone become really miserable; or try to find the best trade deal to improved their team. I think the fact that pronger player his herat out this year despite obvious misgivings with the team, and city says a lot for his character and he should be reccommended for that. More than a few players would have dogged it if didn't like the situation they were in.

Neither Edmonton or Pronger should be treated as 'bad guys' in this situation. Think of it as a couple splitting up due to the fact it simply doesn't work for one (or both) of them.

:)

"Clearly his wife wears the pants."

Stop being sexist.

1. We don't know she was the (main) reason for his wanting to leave.

2. As her husband, it's his job to try to make her happy. If she's miserable in Edmonton - for whatever reason - he should try to help her through it. If that means moving from the city so be it. He's not the first nor will he be the last spouse to leave a job/city because their signifacnt other was unhappy.

3. The only reason people are 'upset' over this is because they are selfish. You don't care if Pronger and wife are miserable - as long as you get what you want which is another reasonw hy Pronger should do his best to what is best for his family.

:thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Clearly his wife wears the pants."

Stop being sexist.

1. We don't know she was the (main) reason for his wanting to leave.

2. As her husband, it's his job to try to make her happy. If she's miserable in Edmonton - for whatever reason - he should try to help her through it. If that means moving from the city so be it. He's not the first nor will he be the last spouse to leave a job/city because their signifacnt other was unhappy.

3. The only reason people are 'upset' over this is because they are selfish. You don't care if Pronger and wife are miserable - as long as you get what you want which is another reasonw hy Pronger should do his best to what is best for his family.

:)

There is nothing sexist here. My wife wears the pants in my family, but you can bet she'll be plenty happy to live in any crap-hole for the money Pronger is making. Of course Oiler fans are going to hate Pronger. They want what is best for thier team. It is no more selfish than Pronger wanting to leave.

"but you can bet she'll be plenty happy to live in any crap-hole for the money Pronger is making."

Youa re misisng one important fact. Money isn't the issue. It's not a choice between being paid lots of money to be miserable in Edmonton or being paid little but be happy elsewhere. Pronger is gonna get lots of money no matter where he plays so this is a dead issue money wise.

And, it is sexist comment. 'wear the pants in the family' is a sexist comment by default. If you can't see that then *shrug*. It implies that only males who wearpants can be in charge of the family, and a woman who does is taking over the 'male role'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I want to comment on Volos' posts, but what's the point? He's always right , you know?

And I think Tangauy might be less effective without a certain Joe Sakic to set him up. Hopefully he won't be this years version of Tony Amonte.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Jeez, I hope the trades pick up, I'm starting to fall asleep.  It was pretty interesting that Ovechkin called the draft for the Caps.  Clearly they want to keep him happy.

Well theres a trade for you. :-"

Montreal trades 16th pick for the 20th and 53rd (I think) pick.

Yeah...exciting...some guy I'll see in 2-3 years. Still, he's a pretty big defenseman. Hopefully he'll be a solid blueliner. That hopefully allows San Jose to be comfortable dealing off one of their many solid yound D-men.

Totally true. I've watched way too many Kings games this season, and a healthy Pavel Demitra is an effective scorer. This does not bode well for Edmonton.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I had a buddy phone me on Friday, all in a huff. That's when there was just that one report by Al 'the idiot' Strachen about Prongs wanting out. I assurred him that it was just crap and that they'll say anything in Toronto to sell a newspaper.

Hell, I even bet him five bucks. Then of course I logged back on to the hockey sites and sure enough the story had really taken to life. Dammit!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I don't think money is even an issue in this situation at all. Even with Prongers' monster contract we still would be far under the cap. Now if they pay Pisani four million bucks a year, then look out.

So Pronger is gone(ger)

Peca says thanks but no

I hear Roli is looking at TO

And who knows what the hell Samsonov is thinking.

This is going to be a long summer.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I think the fact that Edmonton had faith in him as a #1 would help them sign Roloson.

I haven't heard that Roloson is interested in Toronto, but I have heard that Toronto is interested in Roloson.

But Toronto just acquired Andrew Raycroft, so who knows.

I wondering whats going to happen with Cloutier now that we have Luongo.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What is so wrong with Edmonton? I've almost never heard of anyone (except Lindros who didn't want to end up in a french-canadian district) breaking a contract because the geography isn't good enough..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!