NHL

Fionavar

And Mkreku should be happy. It looks like Mike Peca is going to sign with the Buds tomorrow. I think he'll have a better regular season than he did playing with the Oilers last year. Then again, 23 points isn't a lot to surpass in todays NHL.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

And Mkreku should  be happy.  It looks like Mike Peca is going to sign with the Buds tomorrow.  I think he'll have a better regular season than he did playing with the Oilers last year.  Then again, 23 points isn't a lot to surpass in todays NHL.

Not only that but he should also be happy to see that he has Wellwood for another 2 years. :-"

EDIT: TSN's poll right now:

Who would you rather have on your team next season?

Eric Lindros and Jason Allison

29%

Michael Peca

71%

:lol:

Edited by Deraldin

I don't particularly like Peca. Some players really do have intangibles that make them invaluable even if they don't put up huge numbers, but in Peca's case it feels like a lame excuse for an underachieving, overrated player. But, I am always open for a change in attitude. Here's hoping he can prove me wrong this season! Too bad the Leafs didn't sign an offensive cannon instead. I feel that they've adressed the defensive problems they had last year by getting rid of Allison, Berg, Khavanov and Klee and adding Kubina and (hrmm) Gill. For once I'd love to see Sundin play with a skilled winger. A top-of-the-line winger! I'm getting sick and tired of seeing Sundin struggle on his own in the offensive. Oh well, he's done it for what.. the last 7 years or so, I guess he can be alone for yet another season.

Wellwood, Stajan and Steen are the bright lights in the Leafs future. Together with Colaiacovo, Kronwall, Pohl and some other names that I can't even spell right, I actually see the future as a good thing, as opposed to the last ten years or so for my Leafs. I can't wait to see the young guns take to the ice this year! They should have signed Wellwood to a longer contract.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think it's a solid pickup. I wouldn't have been upset if Peca decided to come back. He struggled through most of the season, but finally got his rhythm back towards the end.

I think he'll have less off ice distractions, and overall his morale will (probably) be better playing for a team he'd want to play for.

Signing Peca was a good move for the Leafs, he's the type of guy that can really help your team make a playoff push. Next year around the allstar break someone will make a a trade for him.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I wonder if Neil Smith's parking space is still open in the Islanders office parking lot.

That's a pretty wierd story, sounds like he really clashed with the owners. Smith also just did a bunch of work trying to improve the team, so it seems like he got shafted, but he probably still comes out with a decent paycheck. Garth Snow is an odd choice, but it sounds like the owners want someone malleable.

Yeah that is one odd story the owner hiring the team backup goalie for this season to be the GM. What possible experience could he bring. exactly ! Seems like Mr. Wang should stay out of all hockey decision if he wants the team to be respectable .. Well lets hope all the players got along with Mr. Snow or its payback time haha

I don't know about this whole Islander thing. Of course Smith GM'd the Rangers to the cup in '94, but what else? Have you ever heard the guy do commentary or sit at the announce table? I always thought he was kind of a douche. Or an idiot. Or both. But then again after succeeding Mike Milbury, what do you really expect? He'll never live down Yashins' contract. I see apparantely Pat Lafontaine quit today right after the press conference. I say let the new owner meddle in things. It's not like anything the front office has done has worked in ages anyway.

And despite my harsh words about Mike Milbury, I have nothing but the utmost respect for him as a player ( he played with Terry O-freakin-Reilly )and a coach. But not on the GM side of things. Although he did produce one of the best hockey related quotes in history. When asked about how contract negotiations were going with Ziggy Palffy agent a few years back, Milbury said of the agent: " It's too bad he lives in a city, he's depriving a village somewhere of a good idiot". Plus there was that whole incident when he went after the fans.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Neil Smith is an excellent GM. The Islanders are a fool for throwing him in a trash so quickly. Without him, the Rangers would have won no Cup in '94. And, the Rangers were retarded in firing him after a couple of bad seasons as evidence by them doing absolutely nothing in his absence outside of this past season. He is anything BUT a 'douche' or an 'idiot'.

Snow is a decent goalie; but GM? *chuckles*

As for what Smith accomplished outside of the Cup. Quoite a bit exactly. He was more successful than any GM since the like Rangers last cup before '94 and since. The team steadily approved udner his watch; and self implodeed afte rhis removal. IIRC, he is responsible for the Leetch and Richeter beingd rfated as Rangers, and Mooose and the other ex Oilers coming to the Rangers. He brought Mike Keenan over as well. His only mistake during his Ranger tenure (imo) is allowing Messier to go to Vancouver when he foolishly chose The Overrated One over THE Captain.

Milbury, on the other hand, is a horirble GM and coach who should have been thrown in the trahs can eons ago by the Isles. I cna't believe I once supported him against his critics. <>

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm basing my view on outside information, as I admittedly don't follow the Islanders all that closely, however the owner Wang.....WHAT AN IDIOT!

If I was an Islanders fan I'd be pissed off royally at how he's running that club. It's a joke.

Garth Snow as the GM? Come on!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You know Belfour's been bad when you get a new goalkeeper that hasn't managed to hold onto his job for the past three seasons.. and you still think it's an improvement. Andrew Raycroft who? No matter, a hotdog salesman from the stands would probably have been an improvement over last year! :))

I still say giving up Tuuka Rask for Raycroft was a silly thing for JFJ to do.

Boston wanted to get rid of Raycroft. He was their 3rd goalie on their depth chart (Thomas and Toivanen). In those situations you shouldn't give up one of your blue chip prospects to acquire him.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171878&hubname=nhl

I'm happy to see Ekman go, as he failed to produce in the playoffs two years in a row and really didn't fit in anywhere. Pittsburgh is a good place for him, he's a bit more defensive minded than most of the Pens and he's fast enough to work with Crosby or Malkin.

I'm just surprised that he went for a 2nd rounder. The guy put up over 20 goals and 50 points the last two seasons. I was hoping he'd warrant a solid blueliner. Well, San Jose really only needs on thing, another experienced defenseman. If they can move Nabakov or Toskala for that, I'll be happy. They really need to move one of the goalies, too.

I'm actually quite happy with my Leafs this off-season. They've adressed some defensive weaknesses, gotten rid of the players I disliked the most (Domi, Berg, Belfour, Allison), lost a few players I wouldn't have mind if they stayed (Lindros.. and.. uh.. ok, that was it) and gotten an overhyped player that doesn't really fit in, as far as I can see (Peca).

If we get a speedy scoring winger to play with Sundin I'd almost think this team could be playoff worthy. I don't think that will happen though (getting a winger). Who knows what grand plan Maurice has up his sleeve. Oh yeah, that's another thing that's good for the Leafs: stubborn, cowardly Quinn is gone. The kids will get lots of ice-time this year!