NHL

Fionavar

As long as Dvorak gets points on six of them, I'll be happy. I predict 2 goals and four assists for Dvorak, 2 goals and four assists for PIsani, and two goals and three assists for Peca. Staios will get the lone helper not pegged by the checking line.

The other two goals will be scored by, ummm, let's see...Ethan Moreau will dash out a beauty from his knees. You know, Alan, one of those grit and testicle goals he potted so frequently not too long ago. And the final goal will come from none other than captain Jason Smith, who arguably played his worst game of the playoffs on Monday. For added insult, he'll take the puck out of the Oiler zone himself, then concuss Justin Williams at centre ice with a hellacious hit without losing the puck. Repeat said action against Aaron Ward, then confront Glen Wesley, who is standing in front of Cam Ward. All Smith has to do is glare at the veteran d-man, who then runs to bench mumbling something about 'still wanting to come back next season'. Next Gator winds up for a slapshot, but Ward passes out due to fear, so el Capitain will neatly lift the puck over Wards' prone, lifeless body.

Yep, that's how I think it'll go down.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

After it got up to 3-0 I was like "They'll win this, but it won't be a shutout" then said "I'm prediction Oilers in 5" After Roloson got injured though, I'm thinking if the Oilers do pull it off, it will be in game 7.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Less than five hours to go. I'm hoping the Oil can pull this one out, for no other reason than wanting to throw it in the faces of all the doubters and bandwagon jumpers who I've ran into since Monday night. I can think of a lot of expletives that I want to use when talking to them, but won't post them here. :ph34r:

edit: I just about forgot

Let's Go OIlers!!! Let's Go!!

I Still Believe

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

To be honest, after first hearing thoat Roloson would be out for the rest of the season, I figured that the series was lost. However after thinking about it some more, Game 2 will be the one that determines a winner I think. If Edmonton comes out and plays like they did in the first half of game one then I think they still have a shot. If they come out flat then it's all over.

With that said though,

Let's go Oilers!

It's about a half an hour to game time. I'm getting a little excited. I've read some press reports that Jussi will be starting in net. I think that's good as long as Carolina doesn't take any slap shots from the blue line. He has problems with those.

Let's Go OIlers!!! Let's Go!!

I Still Believe

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Whoa boy, that was not pretty. One thing for Carolina, they mastered that 70 foot pass. Not many teams have taken advantage of dropping the 20line pass rule, but I saw Carolina do it during the regular season and it looks like it may help them hoist the Cup.

Still, San Jose went up 2-0 also, so the Oil aren't done yet.

If the board gave us some bigger font sizes maybe the Oilers could read our important messages to them. Hello? McFly?

I realize five goals went in on twenty five shots but I didn't think Jussi was altogether horrible. He didn't have a chance on sixty percent of those goals. Plus he has the hexable one MAB playing in front of him. Time to put in Tarnstrom!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jussi was left out to dry.

Poor MAB got one deflected off his foot. The second one I believe was a deflection in front my Recchi. The third one was a puck flipping through the air after he went down to make the save, passing all the Oilers, right onto the stick of Stillman. The 4th one was a dynamite tap with the stick by Doug Weight. The final goal was another excellent deflection by Mark Recchi.

Allright gawd dammit I think I'm ready for tomorrows' game. I have my Oilers t-shirt and pajama pants set out and ready for wear. My Oilers touque and cap are near the coffee table in case they need to be donned in a rally cap fashion. And I put my car flag back up after taking it down before game one. If the Oilers are reading this, I apologize for not respecting my superstitions that have carried the team through three rounds. Now I just need to change my Pronger avatar ( they haven' won since I put it up) and let's let the chips fall where they may.

Prediction:

Oilers: 12 Carolina: 3

With Oiler hattricks for Horcoff, Smyth and Hemsky. Peca, Staios and Stoll pot the other three. Carolina's three goals will come off of assorted bodyparts of Marc Andre Bergeron.

Let's Go Oilers!!! Let's Go!!

I Still Believe

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif