NHL

Fionavar

Havlat wants one year deal. What do you guys think? He getting ready to bail? Who would you trade him for?

Hmm, you know, the Sharks are looking for someone to complete the Thornton-Cheechoo line. Ron Wilson came out and made it pretty clear that Nils Ekman is losing his spot. I would LOVE to see Havlat take that spot.

Sure, what are you offering in return though? :)

If it's true.  Wow. 

But I still think the Pronger story is bull.

So who's got the better goalie now, Edmonton or Vancouver? :thumbsup:

The Vancouver Canucks and Florida Panthers have completed a multi-player trade involving some big names on the eve of the NHL Draft.

The Panthers have confirmed that they acquired Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alexander Auld from the Canucks in exchange for Roberto Luongo and Lukas Krajicek.

Luongo is a restricted free agent, and the Panthers have been unable to work out a long-term deal.  The Miami Herald reported on Tuesday that Panthers general manager Mike Keenan said that the team would explore all options when it came to Luongo.

Luongo had a 2.97 goals-against average and .914 save percentage last season. The Panthers finished 11th in the Eastern Conference and have not made the playoffs during Luongo's five seasons with the team.

"This is a trade that addresses a number of needs for our hockey club," Keenan said. "We

Edited by Deraldin

That seems like a good trade for both sides. Bertuzzi should do well in Florida without the glare of the media, and I like Alex Auld as well. It's probably a better deal for Vancouver, but Florida didn't have the ability to keep Luongo and at least they got a top player for him.

I'm still not sold on Luongo being the best goalie in the league, either. With Vancouver, he should get the chance to prove it by winning games.

Luongo is likely not even in the top 5 goalies. He's the very defintion of overrated. Kinda reminds me of that the Montreal Kanadians goalie that fell apart this year, and a few others.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think the Luongo trade kind of show a shift because of the new rules and subsequent higher scoring. Teams will probaly be more apt to signing position players to large contracts and dealing with having a goalie who might not be quite as good.

Of course I say this while Chicago is in the 2nd year of a huge multiyear deal with a goalie.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Luongo is likely not even in the top 5 goalies. He's the very defintion of overrated. Kinda reminds me of that the Montreal Kanadians goalie that fell apart this year, and a few others.

He's the 2nd best canadian goaltender. At least according to Hockey Canada. Seeing as he's been the backup goalie for team canada for like the last 3 or 4 years. Even managed to kick some ass in the world cup a couple years ago when Brodeur got injured.

Being a Vancouverite, I'm happy with the trade. Though I'm sorry to see Auld go. I'd say with the story about Pronger we should go for him next, but that 6 mil price tag was the reason we ditched Bert. Defense is our big problem seeing as the only good defenceman we have is Jovo, and he's injured all the time.

EDIT: Go me, didn't even realize Allen was a defenceman. Shows how much attention I pay. Probably the 2nd best one we have too. God Nonis... what the hell is with you and trading defencemen?

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

And it turns out Ovechkin will be the coverboy for this years round of EA NHL games.

As for the awards...meh.  I don't really see why the playoffs don't count.

Isn't there also an alternate cover with Thorton as well? :devil:

Thornton is on the NHL 2k7 game. Different games.

That explains it then. I remember seeing a headline that said they were the '07 series box shots, but didn't actually read the article. :-"

And Volourn, Luongo even with Florida was playing much, much better than Theodore played in Montreal. Theo couldn't stop a beach ball in his last several games before he got injured. <_< It was painful to watch.

I wasn't saying the Luongo can't be a top goaltender, I just think he needs to play for a competitive team to really judge his skills. Particularly, can he make the big saves in the close games? In Florida, his job really was just to give the Panthers a chance. He was seeing a ton of shots.

Although with Vancouver trading all the D-men, maybe Luongo will see a similiar shot count.

He was seeing a ton of shots. 

He set a record for shots against and shots blocked. Yeah, I'd say thats a ton.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Pronger is a fool. Edmonton is a great place...he's obviously just insecure about his own skills after the Cup and he's looking for something to blame.

As if a team change would improve his game.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I'm thinking it's more along the lines of his old lady doesn't like E-Town.

And if he does get traded today, I hope for two things:

1:) He never makes it to a cup final again

2:)he ends up in Pittsburgh or Columbus

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Maybe Calgary, I hear that place is a total sh1thole :wub:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Actually if they traded Prongs for Iginla I wouldn't bitch too much. Aside from that Calgary doesn't really have anything to offer. I know they've got a great goalie, but all the saves in the world won't win you a hockey game if the team in front of you can't score.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Actually if they traded Prongs for Iginla I wouldn't bitch too much.  Aside from that Calgary doesn't really have anything to offer.  I know they've got a great goalie, but all the saves in the world won't win you a hockey game if the team in front of you can't score.

My guess is it will be someplace like NY for a young defenseman and an established forward.

Actually if they traded Prongs for Iginla I wouldn't bitch too much.  Aside from that Calgary doesn't really have anything to offer.  I know they've got a great goalie, but all the saves in the world won't win you a hockey game if the team in front of you can't score.

Why not ship him off to Ottawa in exchange for Redden?

Redden is a UFA, is he not? We could trade for him and not be able to sign him.

Right now there's rumours about half of the teams in the league wanting him.

If he does go to Pittsburgh, I fully expect for us to get Sergei Gonchar in return.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Redden is a UFA, is he not?  We could trade for him and not be able to sign him.

Right now there's rumours about half of the teams in the league wanting him.

Yeah, he is. Forgot about that. And what's this about rumours about half the team wanting him? Only half? :-"

Well some teams don't really have anything to offer, like St.Louis or Washington.

And I notice Alan has been absent lately, maybe he slept with Prongers wife? :ph34r:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

"Pronger is a fool. Edmonton is a great place...he's obviously just insecure about his own skills after the Cup and he's looking for something to blame."

Don't blame the Prongers. Blame Edmonton. Obviously, Edmonton cna't offer what they need/want.

It's the city who failed. And, what do you mean he's insecure about his own skills? He lead the Oilers to the SC.

I blame Edmonton. All these years, the Oilers whine that they cna't keep their star players due to money. In this season, where money is pretty much a non issue, they still find a reason to make their players unhappy... even when that player seemed to do everything right.

I say Pronger has every right to say Edmonton sucks. The city obviously failed to live up to his expectations.

Pronger: :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edmonton: :(:(:(

I do find it funny that Oiler fans were kissing Pronger's butt just last week, and now they hate him, think he's evil, and want him dead - just ebcause he won't kiss their butts. Their attitude shows why one shouldn't play there.

Pronger shouldn't be PC just to make Edmontonians happy. His main goal should be to make him, and HIS family happy.

LOLOLOLOLLIPOP

As a Ranger fan, I'll welcome with open hands. And, the city of NY will show Edmonton how to keep their players happy since Edmonton obviously sucks at doing that even when money isn't an issue.

:)

Edited to preserve the dignity of Edmonton (the residents of which fine city should not reveal the spoilers).

Edited by metadigital

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.