NHL

Fionavar

Unfortunately Finland and Russia are playing in the next game, but I do think that's the game for the gold medal. The loser will probably take bronze. They are very dominant this year. Selanne and Ovechkin are awesome. Why did Malkin get suspended? I watched the game and don't remember anything bad.

Unfortunately Finland and Russia are playing in the next game, but I do think that's the game for the gold medal.  The loser will probably take bronze.  They are very dominant this year.  Selanne and Ovechkin are awesome.  Why did Malkin get suspended?  I watched the game and don't remember anything bad.

Remember the match penalty he got at the end of the game? It was apparently for kicking Lecavalier. He was suspended for that.

Please, if there is a god, let Sundin come back to the NHL with the same form he has shown in the Olympics and let the Leafs turn this around so they make the playoffs :p

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oh yeah, the meaningful 82 games before the real show :o

Of course, I wouldn't call the Olympics meaningful if my Dream Team finished seventh overall either ;))

Edit: Annoying repeating of words.

Edited by mkreku

Hey I was cheering for the Czechs. Canada needed to come back to reality. I think that was accomplished.

I notice your Leafs are tied, Mkreku.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah, Kilger wreaking havoc, drawing penalties. One of them finally paid off as Tucker scored. Though I wonder why the Leafs seem to have such a hard time playing against Washington? Everyone else sees Washington as child's play!

Joe is having a helluva season too.

Still hoping for a fix from you goaltending woes. Mkreku might be happy, because there is a rumour that Belfour might possibly be it. At which point he'll hopefully regain old form, win Conn Smythe leading us to the Stanley Cup :)

Somehow I don't think Volourn takes Joe Thornton seriously. That's typical of the entire league though, West Coast teams are not given much respect. Let's face it, the Western Conference is way deeper than the Eastern. The Rangers would not even make the playoffs if they were in the Western conference. West Coast teams also have a huge amount of travelling to do. I wish the Sharks were in the Eastern Conference, they went 9-1 this season against Eastern teams.

"Somehow I don't think Volourn takes Joe Thornton seriously."

Huh? I like Joe Thorton a lot. In fact, I thought how Boston treated him was garbage. And, as Mkreku stated, Thornton *is* having a hell of a season. No doubt about it. In any other year, he'd be one of my faves for MVP too; but what Jagr has done for the Rangers is phenomenal.

"The Rangers would not even make the playoffs if they were in the Western conference."

Proof please. ;)

When one deals in what ifs you should at least stop playing the guessing game.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wish the Sharks were in the Eastern Conference, they went 9-1 this season against Eastern teams.

Didn't most western teams do that though?

What bothers me is how Detroit is in the Western Conference. Aren't they an Eastern team?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Unfortunately with the 10 game limit on out of conference play, it's tough to give much proof on my claim, although Alanschu presented what evidence is available. I might have spoken a bit soon by saying the Rangers wouldn't be in the playoffs. I do think they'd be fighting for a spot if they played in the West, because the west is just much more competitive. There are 12 teams over .500 in the West and only 8 in the East.

1. 10 games is simply not enough to judge this.

2. By, and large; the best teams in the East do well against the West (.500+).

3. Montreal, Toronto and Boston are the only .500 Eastern Conference teams that are under .500 vs the West and the .500 records are already suspect due to all the OT/SO losses they have.

4. Accoridng to your logic, Washington would be a pretty damn good team in the West consideirng the fact they have a horrible overall record; they did well vs. the West.

5. The West picking on Pittsburgh doesn't proof much. And, Torontojust seems to be the exception that proves the rule.

6. LA should be really thankful it's not in the East.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The East has acquired 159 points against the West, with the West capturing 177 points against the East.

I guess this would be in 300 games as each team plays 10 interconference games....or I guess it'd be 150 games, since I counted each game twice.

No goals till the third. Oilers score only to have the Sharks respond the next shift. Then San Jose takes the lead. Then the Oilers tie the game and score with just over a minute left for the win. Sorry Hurlshot.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.