Replayability of games

"For the most part, this statement is illogical and flawed beyond belief."

How is it illogical?

Bioware still supports NWN with patches, and official content. When was the last time they did anything for BG series?

Sure, you can point to the mere handful of player still foolinga round with BG's corpse; but that's nothing compared to the thousands still playing NWN.

Not to mention the coming of NWN2 which will only enhance the Greatest Game Series ever's legacy for many years to come.

LONG LIVE NWN AND AURORA!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I must have missed all these user made mods that supposedly add game play to the BG series.

The only ones I've downloaded and played include stuff like skipping Irenicus' dungeon, and a more balanced end battle.

I haven't seen (or tried) any that add extra content or actually change the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The only major BG mod I played was Dark Side of the Sword Coast. It was... good in it s day and quite ambitious. I still wouldn't mind seeing a NWN module based on the Baldur's Games or Icewind Dale. Have a party of yourself and 5 NPCs on a full dungeon romp could be fun.

Edited by Judge Hades

One thing that helps a game's replayability is the mods one can download.  The various Mods for KotOR 1, KotOR 2, and Neverwinter Nights have greatly extended thier lifespan.  Hell, if NWN 2 has the lifespan of NWN 1 then the future looks great indeed.

I was thinking, and I think it's a bit of a misnomer to call this "replayability." It's certainly longevity, but you're experiencing different stories

</nitpick>

Define "all the way through."  :)  In the 6 years or so BG2 has been out, I've definitely started close to 100 games, but you've caught me, I probably only finished half to a third of them all the way to the final cutscene.  Usually I'd get this great idea for a new character and...

Well, you get the picture.  :)

Yes, I have too much time on my hands.  Thanks for pointing that out!  LOL!

I'm done had enough of this! ^_^

manthing2.jpg

For some reason I can hear Imoen saying that  :)

You're a queer fellow.

Heya, it's me, Imoen!

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

A game is only as alive as its developer and publisher gives it support.

The game is alive provided that fans make mods to bring new content or create fix packs to correct bugs. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester