Replayability of games

It's not the memory that is the problem.  It's just the type of person you are I guess.

I have an excellent memory, and usually have no problems remembering the details of a plot.  But I can still play through a good game many times.  In my mind, a good game is a good game :)

I envy you. The only games that I have that I can stand to play through more than once are my strategy games. Those I can play through as may times as I want while any other game I have can only hold my interest for a set ammount of time after I first play them. I can usually make it through maybe twice on that first initial rush when playing a game but after that I just lose interest in it and can't seem to get back into it. I think the only non strategy game that I have that I can play more than once is the Thief series. :-

Can you watch your favorite movie over 100 times?  I can't do that either.

Depends on the movie. I think there is only one that I can watch over and over. I've watched the Transformers movie well over 200 times since I bought it. I watched it six times straight in the first day alone. The Bourne Identity is my second most watched movie at around 25 times.

For most movies it depends on where I'm watching them. If I'm watching them in the same room as my computer is in I can't seem to stay focused on the movie. I'll come on these forums while the movie is on and listen to it in the background while I read/watch it's reflection on my monitor screen. :blink:"

Edited by Deraldin

I can drop from dizzying heights on  to a guards head without taking any damage, go swashbuckling with haunts and kill droids with a blackjack.

I know what you mean.

The modding community for those games is awesome.

Yes indeed. I've been a beta tester a few times. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Can you watch your favorite movie over 100 times?  I can't do that either.

Not a good comparison. Movies have no interaction between player and character. WIth a movie yu can't chnage anything or have it do anything different, except watch it in a different location or with different people. True some games tend to be more like movies in that sense, but even in a vbery linear cinematic game, you are usually doing something interctive as the game player.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's not the memory that is the problem.  It's just the type of person you are I guess.

I have an excellent memory, and usually have no problems remembering the details of a plot.  But I can still play through a good game many times.  In my mind, a good game is a good game :)

Can you watch your favorite movie over 100 times? I can't do that either.

Yup.

Not a good comparison.  Movies have no interaction between player and character.  WIth a movie yu can't chnage anything or have it do anything different, except watch it in a different location or with different people.  True some games tend to be more like movies in that sense, but even in a vbery linear cinematic game, you are usually doing something interctive as the game player.

It's similar, though, in the context about how in games once you know the story how can you play it over and over 100 times since the story doesn't change.

Sure there is a slight difference in that you can do little things differently in games that you can't when watching a movie to alter it slightly, but overall the story events still transpire the same way and after a good few play throughs all the various different ways they can occur are known to you, much like the story of a movie will be known to you after watching it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tho sometimes watching a movie more than once or twice is nice because you can notice things without having to 'keep up' with the plot, it's not the same as game replay...definitely not. :cool:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

BG series is dead. Dead, dead, dead. Why are you people playing with a corpse?

BIO has admitted to the death of BG many years ago when they threw that dead engine in the trash wher eit belongs with all the other dead engines.

LONG LIVE NWN AND AURORA!!!

There's a reason why NWN is still getting patches and official content from the devloper and BG series isn't.

One game is dead, the other is ALIVE!!!

P.S. It's tiny as I just recently rebooted my computer. Plus, outside of my in progress never ending trying to finish modules, I don't play much user mdoules. I spend my time playing on a certain PW and working on my mods.

:blink:

P.S.S. And, oh, that other 'thing' that Hades implied is also very, very, tiny.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

BG series is dead. Dead, dead, dead. Why are you people playing with a corpse?

BIO has admitted to the death of BG many years ago when they threw that dead engine in the trash wher eit belongs with all the other dead engines.

LONG LIVE NWN AND AURORA!!!

There's a reason why NWN is still getting patches and official content from the devloper and BG series isn't.

One game is dead, the other is ALIVE!!!

P.S. It's tiny as I just recently rebooted my computer. Plus, outside of my in progress never ending trying to finish modules, I don't play much user mdoules. I spend my time playing on a certain PW and working on my mods.

:blink:

For the most part, this statement is illogical and flawed beyond belief. But thanks for playing, but game over for you.

P.S.S. And, oh, that other 'thing' that Hades implied is also very, very, tiny.

A truthful logical statement. You win. :ermm: