Vampire Masquerade

DeathzBlade

Well, the world in that same shape is no more, but another WoD game is entirely possible. White Wolf isn't composed of suits and even though the two(or possibly three) pc games they've given their license to haven't been very huge financial successes. I'm sure they'd be up for discussion. Whether someone wants to do a WoD rpg, well, that's an entirely different subject. We'll have to wait and see.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It would be nice to have a game to connect the new and old storylines, so that normal human beings do too understand all the changes (why?how?when?WHAT!? :- )in it.

I heard rumors of a 2nd game, but dunno what timeframe, or sys they use for it. :p

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

What's the new WoD like?

Very, VERY different.

And thats enough for many hardcore 'old' fans to hate it.

It just needs some shapin' , like some diamond.

I think its good that if ya see a vampire, you dunno what clan it belongs to, or even if it IS IN ONE :cool: (this could be archieved even with old sys, but not many GM-s did it)

IB1OsQq.png

Ah.  No more obvious assumptions just by looking at the Vampire?

Though that's a bit too bad.....I would hope the Nosferatu are still deformed....if they still exist.

Well, there is no such as Nosferatu, but there is a new clan, where you self can chose if ya want to be so ugly like a N, OR the char has somekind of evil/freaky/villainly/crazy/undead/fear/'notfromthisworld'/dark power aura ,and thats why attributes r modified for him :-

PS: I just opened a pnp party in the new world of darkness, and all the chars r human.

They had to go to Egypt for some reason or the other, and they r havin 'much fun

They will never become Vampires, Mages ,or anything else, they even will never see one (but they r there :ph34r: ) ,but they simply LOVE it' :D

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Well, the world in that same shape is no more, but another WoD game is entirely possible. White Wolf isn't composed of suits and even though the two(or possibly three) pc games they've given their license to haven't been very huge financial successes.

I'm pretty sure there are more than three games. There are three different Hunter games and there was supposed to be a Werewolf game, although I don't think that ever saw the light of day.

The Hunter games I think was fairly succesful though. Succesful enough for Interplay to get a bit of money when they sold the rights.

There are some new clans, jargon has changed and probably some other stuff.

http://www.white-wolf.com/woddb/index.php

^That has some info. I don't know The PnP rules of Masquerade so don't know how much it differs from Requiem or if its a good or bad thing.

The old WoD V:M ruleset was based in the shadowrun rpg rules. I hear they re-wrote the rules from the ground up for this game and thus the game mechanics are very different. I have not however played the new game just repeating what I have been told, so its possible I have been misinformed.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

so basically no one knows, or has heard any rumors on any new game yet??? that sucks...  almost like waiting for k3...  lol

I sadly wouldnt hold your breath. With the so-so sales of both (reasons which are another topic) I do not think another developer would jump to make another one anytime soon. Perhaps a few years to let the memories fade and if a company such as Obsidian or other publisher who isnt afraid to dive in mature content try again.

I do think you CAN have a successful vampire rpg game. Its just the right elements in the last 2 attempts have not been in place.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

so basically no one knows, or has heard any rumors on any new game yet??? that sucks...  almost like waiting for k3...  lol

I sadly wouldnt hold your breath. With the so-so sales of both (reasons which are another topic) I do not think another developer would jump to make another one anytime soon. Perhaps a few years to let the memories fade and if a company such as Obsidian or other publisher who isnt afraid to dive in mature content try again.

I do think you CAN have a successful vampire rpg game. Its just the right elements in the last 2 attempts have not been in place.

I don't understand why every one keeps saying these games were flops.. kotor 1 and 2 where really good games.. and bloodlines was a good game also... My main thing was I didn't ever see anything on Vampire Masquerade.. maybe lack of advertisement.... but I heard from a friend on the game.. and went to walmart and got it for $14.. very cheap... seems to me every one might be getting to where they have to have the best of everything... these games aren't all that bad... but maybe I am from a time when I started on atari and nintendo.. I am kind of getting the feeling people want to much from games now days... hell back when I first started out gaming it was pack man and donkey kong, and asteroids. then Dragons Lair came out.. that was a great game in its time.... we have gone way past stuff like that.. people should look back at these games and be happy we are where we are now.. but that's just me lol.. to me Vampire Masquerade BloodLines was a really good game and I had alot of fun playing it... so did my wife and several of our friends that checked it out after I found out about it.. they went and got it also after they saw it at my house. since it was so cheap.. but that could come from us all playing D&D together...

^aka welcome to the real world. Have a happy stay.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, KOTOR 1 and 2 also sold millions of copies.  The Vampire computer games were not good sellers at all.

You may have enjoyed it, but no one is going to finance a game if they don't think it will sell.

A shame really, Bloodlines was an excellent game, excluding some of the bugs of course. It would have been a decent seller if they beta tested it better than what they did.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.