Huggable WotC

Gromnir

the following is lifted from some interview linked at the front page of the obsidian site

Strauss: What kind of input has Wizards of the Coast had in the story, mainly on the protagonist and the hero?

Ferret: The story and the protagonist

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just wait till Hades finds out they won't allow the Monte Cook Ranger in NWN2 and he starts flaming the Wizards forums in a tirade. After WOTC grills Obsidian for their forum members

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

It could also be a "unified front" policy on behalf of WotC. This means OE has to agree to state in all public media that their collaboration has been smoothgoing and pleasant.

Im not joking, these types of agreements exist and are frequently used.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yep. Ferret was there at the end but not the early early days. Ferret is a fairly straight forward guy inmy opinion. If there was any major problems he would let it slip, even if it was an unintentional slip.

Anyway that is how I see the bugger. J.E. on the otherhand... :p

Although, remember Ferret is not a old BIS employee, so his stance might be a lot different when it comes to wotc than say Josh.

Ferret worked on The Black Hound and F3.

I stand corrected, then. :p

In his interview he doesn't talk about those as previous games he

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

is not like times gone by for Gromnir. we got 0 sources at obsidian or bio or wotc. perhaps ferret is just parroting the company line as spoken by fergie, and perhaps ferret genuinely thinks that wotc is a swell bunch of guys to work with/for... but Gromnir is in the dark on this.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If you want news on WotC and some of the personmel changes head to www.enworld.org, Grommie.  A couple months back they had a news article on it.  If you are ambitious enough you could do a search in their news archive.

press releases not tell us nothing. if we wanna get spun we will go to a carnival and ride the tilt-a-whirl... or whatever they call it nowadays.

HA! Good Fun!

I still feel bad about the crew of those two games not being finished and released. Two great games, by the sound of it, cut before their time. :'(

I almost looked forward to using a grenade in melee.

EDIT: It wasn't a press release.

Edited by Judge Hades

Or Alan Pavlish. I think I read somewhere that he left the computer games scene and became a.. what was it.. consultant? Something like that.

Damn, I need to raise my stalking ability.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

checked enworld archive. lord only knows how you find anything with that thing. they do not appear to archive articles so much as threads from their forums... and it is a dmaned disorganized format for searching.

bah. tell us who is new at wotc would still tell us little.

HA! Good Fun!

I know some Troika alumni went to Obsidian and a few others got hired on by other companies. Arcanum and Bloodlines both were decent games, but it is too bad about ToEE. If it wasn't ToEE's terribleness I would have gotten Bloodlines on release. I am sure I wasn't the only one in that regard.

Like I said, WotC had some personnel changes in the past. Some of those personnel got hired buy other PnP gaming companies while others started their own self publishing thing with the OGL.

Yeah, ENworld's news system is kind of silly and a pain.

Edited by Judge Hades