NFL

moreKOTORplz

Cheated? No, we were the ones almost cheated. After a bad call from the ref on what SHOULD HAVE BEEN an interception, and then a fluke fumble, it was almost a miracle it didn't cost us the game.

Avoiding the Language Filter is BAD! Fionavar

Edited by Fionavar

I suppose it would be rude of me to laugh at that... :D

I haven't kept up with football in ages...are these two teams close to/in the playoffs or something?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I suppose it would be rude of me to laugh at that... :D

I haven't kept up with football in ages...are these two teams close to/in the playoffs or something?

Yup, both were in the playoffs. The quarter finals, to be exact. :( The Steelers were the underdogs in this game, seeing as the Colts were the top-seeded team and the Steelers even lost to the Colts before (I think the score was 28-7) in the season. But the Steelers ended up pulling off a major upset and defeating the Colts 21-18, even after a few bad calls against us, and a MAJOR fumble in the end zone that almost allowed the Colts to score a game-winning touchdown. Had Roethlisberger not made the tackle, it's likely the Colts would have come out victorious. The Colts also missed a potential game-tying field goal that would have taken it into overtime.

Keep in mind this is American Football, just in case any of you Euros are confused. :)

Edited by Mothman

Hehe...sounds like an exciting game. Sorry to have missed it. Those type of upsets are fun to watch.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Colts have to be close to a shake up. They are a dominant team, but they can't put it together in the playoffs.

It's going to be an interesting Superbowl. Originally I would have gone with New England or Indy wiping the floor with whoever gets there, but now we've got quite a few surprise teams. It's a real crapshoot.

Ya but the game would never had been in question if the refs hadn't blown a call to allow Indy to keep the ball.

Manning and the colts once again don't show up in a big game.

EDIT:because it definitely wasn't all payton's fault

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yup, anyone with eyes agreed that was an interception. I practically threw a tantrum when I heard that call. :)

We also would have gotten another touchdown if Bettis didn't have a major fumble two yards from the end zone. I don't care what anyone says, THAT was a fluke.

Edited by Mothman

Its funny, the last two team that had aspirations of being undefeated late into the season, this year colts and the '04 chiefs, didn't even win a playoff game in those years.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"Manning and the colts once again don't show up in a big game."

Manning most definitely showed up. His offensive line didn't. Even the one almost interceotion occured simply because he had to continually rush throwing. He ended up with pretty good stats.

Colt's Biggest Mistake: Not rushing the ball at 3rd and 2 to get closer for the FG or maybe even a 1st down.

Steeler's Biggest Mistake (tie): Not passing in 2nd Half even though Roth was the reason they did well offensively and not rushing Manning in 4th quarter 'til near the end.

And, oh, the fumble wans't in the end zone.

Great game either way!

However, if Pittsburh lots it would ahve been the coach's fault; not the ref's fualt who made questionable calls on both teams. This stuff almost always evens out.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

However, if Pittsburh lots it would ahve been the coach's fault; not the ref's fualt who made questionable calls on both teams. This stuff almost always evens out.

No in this case the calls definitley didn't even out. The ref took atleast six points off the board for the steelers during the game.

And Manning didn't much look like a MVP cannidate during the game, he's responsible for most of the blitz pickup during the game,and he didn't do a very good job. He was fooled more often then not by the Steelers and even with the ref's help didn't look so hot.

Edited by Laozi

Ya but the game would never had been in question if the refs hadn't blown a call to allow Indy to keep the ball.

Manning and the colts once again don't show up in a big game.

EDIT:because it definitely wasn't all payton's fault

"Manning and the colts once again don't show up in a big game."

Manning most definitely showed up. His offensive line didn't. Even the one almost interceotion occured simply because he had to continually rush throwing. He ended up with pretty good stats.

Colt's Biggest Mistake: Not rushing the ball at 3rd and 2 to get closer for the FG or maybe even a 1st down.

Steeler's Biggest Mistake (tie): Not passing in 2nd Half even though Roth was the reason they did well offensively and not rushing Manning in 4th quarter 'til near the end.

And, oh, the fumble wans't in the end zone.

Great game either way!

he didn't show up, if he did they would have not run up a 14-0 lead in the first minutes of the game, they would have score in the goal not got a field goal, and they would have not come out flat and played flat for the whole dam game.

:) leaders don't have their heads down in a playoff game!!!

Yeah, because a 90.9 QB Rating is sooo horrible. In comparison, Roth had around 95.8.

Both QBs had good games. The offensive line for the Colts sucked, and Pittsburgh front line dfenese was awesome except in the 4th when they decided to relax.

Football is a team sport. Shouldn't blame Manning because the rest of the team didn't do their jobs.

"he didn't show up, if he did they would have not run up a 14-0 lead in the first minutes of the game"

He doens't play defense. It's not his job to stop the other team from scoring.

"No in this case the calls definitley didn't even out. The ref took atleast six points off the board for the steelers during the game."

Nice try. The refs werne't eprfect; but they weren't eprfect for either team.

"And Manning didn't much look like a MVP cannidate during the game, he's responsible for most of the blitz pickup during the game,and he didn't do a very good job. He was fooled more often then not by the Steelers and even with the ref's help didn't look so hot."

Oh, please. Manning had a fantastic try. His offesnive line was simply outmatched. He knew the blitz was coming but it didn't matter because his offensive line forgot how to block.

Didn't look like a MVP candidate? Yeha, that explains why they came within a missed field goal of a comeback against a great defensive team.

Both QBs should be proud. Roth just had the better offensive line, and he made a great tackle too.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Volourn

"And Manning didn't much look like a MVP cannidate during the game, he's responsible for most of the blitz pickup during the game,and he didn't do a very good job. He was fooled more often then not by the Steelers and even with the ref's help didn't look so hot."

Oh, please. Manning had a fantastic try. His offesnive line was simply outmatched. He knew the blitz was coming but it didn't matter because his offensive line forgot how to block.

When its your job to assign blockers to blitzers and every down there's more blitzers then blockers then its your fault.

Indy's line is the best in football, or atleast was this year. Every QB in the league know that if the blitz is coming you have to get rid of it quickly, the great ones get it to the right guys. Thats why Buddy Ryan was never able to beat Joe Montana.

"Indy's line is the best in football, or atleast was this year."

Even the best have a bad day. Manning had a good day. His QBR was over 90. He also enginered a near 4th quarter combeack.

It's too bad Indy doesn't ahave a coach as all he does is sit on the sidelines playing tiddlywinks. if it was up to the Indy coach the Colts would have been blown up but Manning nearly saved the day (along with an untimely fumble by bettis).

Judging by his post-game comments, Manning wasn't exactly thrilled with the way the o-line played today. I'm a little inclined to agree, given that they saw Pittsburgh bringing five or even six the entire damned game, and couldn't figure out a way to handle it.

Edit: I'm also curious to see if there's going to be any fallout from Manning essentially telling Dungy to piss off with that whole waving-the-punt-team-off-the-field thing. Especially since it worked.

Edited by Commissar