KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

My guess is the comment about K3 possibly being an action game according to IGN.

Only a guess though... :devil:"

oh, shall I did up the link? :)

EDIT:

OK, here is the snippet from IGN:

LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary,

Knights of the Old Republic 3, which we believe is in development with

Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 --

most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction

between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions

between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime,

as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans

will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead

of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.

here is the hyperlink: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

Edited by Plano Skywalker

D20 is a good system, especially in the low to mid range.

I don't think any D20 CRPG has ever featured RT combat....but there is really no reason it could not....Jade Empire is RT AND STAT-BASED.

Turn-based and partial turn-based are really just holdovers from PnP role playing.

As long as combat is not Double Dragon-style (i.e. no stats, no stat enhancements)

then it could work in real time. Stats (and the continuing customization thereof) are the key.

What does Jade Empire have to do anything with the d20 System?

Only reason why KotOR 3 needs to use the d20 System is because the previous 2 games did. Consistancy needs to be maintained. If they want to use a different rules system for another SW CRPG, let them. Just don't call it KotOR.

Edited by Judge Hades

all I'm saying is that, just because D20 has never been implemented RT, does not mean it cannot be.

as long as you keep D20 stats, feats, leveling up, etc, you have stayed true (for the most part) to D20.

it is only a matter of time before we see RT D20 games anyway. WOTC knows what sells.

The closest you will find to d20 Real time is the NWN and KotOR games. Seriously. The core mechanic of the d20 System combat requires rounds due to the way it is handled. Unless they completely change the combat rule mechanic there is no way it can be real time, and if they are going to change it that much they shouldn't even use the d20 System as its base.

I rather have an original rules system than a mismatched d20 System.

Edited by Judge Hades

EDIT:

most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction

between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions

as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans

will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead

of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series.

here is the hyperlink:  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

Believe. Predict. Should.

Sounds like they're saying what they want to see, rather than any concrete facts. Not to mention the devs would need to design a new engine before making the actual game, making a 2007 release really unlikely.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

I meant using the NWN2 engine would make it PC exclusive. From what I've seen of the 360 so far I doubt it could run it.

Doubt based on what?

Well, it might handle the engine OK, but given the limited disk space for the 360, you'd end up with a short game that was all style and no substance.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

EDIT:

I do like this piece of rumour. I just hope it would make a late 2007 release, giving Obisidian (if this is true) enough time to properly finish the game.

I do not really care about the combat system. Yes, it is fine by me and I don't play a Kotor game because of it's action. But it is certainly a nice addition.

But I do look forward to see the more gray approach as it is written in this article.

Master Vandar lives!

EDIT:

here is the hyperlink:  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

Believe. Predict. Should.

Sounds like they're saying what they want to see, rather than any concrete facts. Not to mention the devs would need to design a new engine before making the actual game, making a 2007 release really unlikely.

"Expected" my [you know what].

They just use such terminology to make it sound like if such a longshot does happen, they got "the scoop".

If nothing transpires, no one will even remember.

Classic Chris Mortensen technique.

Source: http://wildbill.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9239

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.