Shooting for 30 hours?

roshan

THAC0 is To Hit Armor Class 0. Explanation

Thac0 = To Hit Armour Class Zero

Thank you. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I have issues with both systems, clerics are too powerful in 3.5, they shouldn't be able to fight and cast 9th level spells. And the old AC system and thac0 was near indecipherable. Plus there were too many restrictions. And I hate all versions of the monk.

I'm playing a cleric in a game using 3.5 rules right now and he's near invulnerable. It's amazing.

The monk equivelent is the Oathsworn and only when he has an oath to oblidge does he have any class abilities.  Other than that he is no more threatening than a commoner.

Sounds like lots of fun, does he just hang around baking bread until someone calls him on an oath? :)

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

"It's an unbalanced class, nothing a DM could do without cheating."

Nonsense. There are many ways to deal with clerics (or any class) without cheating or nerfing the rules.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Usually the oathsworn makes an oath him or herself. Such as "I sahll avenge the death of *insert name here*" Or "As long as I draw breath none shall pass without my permission" and so forth and so on. High level oathsworn are practically immortal as long as they have an oath to to fulfill.