Neverwinter Nights 2 new screenshots!

Meshugger

neverwinter-nights-2-20051111070457216.jpg

neverwinter-nights-2-20051111070459388.jpg

Discuss :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

O la le. Nice indeed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why do the screenshots look so.. generic? There's no style to anything. A fireplace is a fireplace and all that.

I do hope the finalized version looks a bit more alive.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The rug makes the first picture look like you're looking inside a doll house. The weave is so big (were they using hemp rope to make it?) that it looks like normal fabric does in a close up.

Also, both pictures lack "details" (for a lack of a better word). You know, those silly things that you don't notice at first but makes you able to distinguish one room from another. Like in Gothic 2 (I'm replaying it right now, which is why I am using it as an example) where the alchemist has skeletons hidden under his ceiling (no idea why), the bowyer has stuffed animals on the walls and the herbalist has potions and flowers in his shelves. Gothic 2 is brimful with these tiny little details strewn everywhere, and I hope Obsidian takes the time to add this stuff to Neverwinter Nights 2. A believable world is also part of immersion..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, everything looks strangely foggy. Is that eye candy, or is it used to keep view distance down, like in Morrowind?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The rug makes the first picture look like you're looking inside a doll house. The weave is so big (were they using hemp rope to make it?) that it looks like normal fabric does in a close up.

Now that you mention it, so it does. Maybe it's a halfling-sized house? But even then... :rolleyes:

Also, both pictures lack "details" (for a lack of a better word).

The potted plant by the fireplace not enough for ya? (Actually, is that a good place for a plant? Extreme heat is not good for most varieties, I think.) I like detail, too, if it can make each house feel different, as though it's been personalised at least a little. NWN suffered from huge, empty houses with long, empty corridors all the same. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Even with the lack of 'personailzation' and little bits of detail that, in the long run are well worth it, it seems that Obsidy is really putting on the coal with this one. Everything just looks cleaner and smoother than TSL. And the time they are taking to make NWN2 might be a testament to it's eventual quality.

Had LA given them they time they desired for TSL, it could have come out so much better than what is out now. Just looking at these NWN2 screenshots tells me that. I might be the only one who thinks so, but oh well.

I think it looks pretty good. I love the town screenies. It kinda looks like a place I would actually like to visit. Oh, and I like the fog effect. It adds character quality to the environment.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Also, both pictures lack "details" (for a lack of a better word). You know, those silly things that you don't notice at first but makes you able to distinguish one room from another. Like in Gothic 2 (I'm replaying it right now, which is why I am using it as an example) where the alchemist has skeletons hidden under his ceiling (no idea why), the bowyer has stuffed animals on the walls and the herbalist has potions and flowers in his shelves. Gothic 2 is brimful with these tiny little details strewn everywhere, and I hope Obsidian takes the time to add this stuff to Neverwinter Nights 2. A believable world is also part of immersion..

Sounds like that's a placement issue up to the module designers than an engine issue.

Spreading beauty with my katana.