Fitness and Health

Gabrielle

Diet shmiet. Commissar is right on this one. just work out enough and in the meantime eat whatever you want (within reason, like, not all junk food. your body usually tells you what to eat anyway, and it doesn't always say junk food, at least, for me it doesn't...)

Does anyone here have any good dieting tips?? I just finnished a three week water diet, I took in a gallon of water a day and cut out slurpees pop and sweets in my diet, I tried to take in at least 125 gs of protien or more, im not a heafty guy and I lost 8pounds of fat just by drinking water. I still ate heathly and alot. Last week I decided Id go back to the gym and Ive gain 2 pounds back already in which im assuming is muscle. Just figured I'd share with everybody.

The weight you lost? most probably not fat, the weight you gained back? most probably fat.

Fad diets are BS through and through.

That doesn't sound like a fad diet tho...just something that tries to encourage a basic change of eating habit. A gallon of water a day is nothing that abnormal if you're not drinking a lot of soda/juices...and as I think I mentioned earlier, cutting out sweets/sugar etc. if you eat a lot of them to begin with will often result in weight loss. That's not fad...just common sense. He said he still ate a lot...probably lots of fruit, breads, and vegies or something...

Whether what he lost was fat or not...well...who knows. Probably not all fat, no. Depends how heavy he was to being with. But if he's going to the gym now, after being inspired by losing a little initial weight, I don't see why weight gained couldn't be muscle...depends what kind of workout he's doing, of course, but from his descriptions it doesn't sound to me like making a grand statement of 'fad diet' in his case is neccesarily true, even if he's calling it a 'water diet'. Sounds like all he's doing is drinking more water between/during meals instead of eating candy & soda's & hamburgers.

When I think 'fad diet' I think Atkins or nothing but weird protein shakes all day etc. anything that claims to make you lose weight without exercising and 'keep it off' - which of course is stupid since no one ever stays on the fad diet long enough to keep it off forever, for various reasons. Fad diets are good for movie actors who want to lose a little weight for a role, but not much else.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Eat boiled food instead of fried food. Eat fish instead of meat. Eat pasta and rice, and lots of it. Reduce the amount of salt in your food, stay away from sugar and fat and drink low fat milk. By summertime (assuming you've followed the formula above until then) you're going to look like Bruce Lee. HIGH DEF!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Eat boiled food instead of fried food. Eat fish instead of meat. Eat pasta and rice, and lots of it. Reduce the amount of salt in your food, stay away from sugar and fat and drink low fat milk. By summertime (assuming you've followed the formula above until then) you're going to look like Bruce Lee. HIGH DEF!

That is sensible and and controlled eating. I call any diet that isn't based on any scientific principles a fad diet.

You forgot exercise mkreku, that is half the equation.

"the president buys crack" ;)

Edited by Surreptishus

Actually grilled food is better than boiled. Boiled food leaves a lot of its nutrients in the water.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If you boil food you can always use the leftover liquid to mix a sauce with.

But I like grilling/broiling or stir-frying myself. Especially animal flesh. Rawr.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Stir Frying is wicked awesome. Right now I've got some beef and vegetables simmering in a salad dressing in my wok. Sometimes I'll toss some pasta in with it as well but I'm thinking I'll have rice with it instead for the rest of the week.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Stir Frying is wicked awesome.  Right now I've got some beef and vegetables simmering in a salad dressing in my wok.  Sometimes I'll toss some pasta in with it as well but I'm thinking I'll have rice with it instead for the rest of the week.

A little tip if you ever want to make up with a girlfriend: stir fry a bunch of freshly cut onion and run to her place, tears, snots and all... :thumbsup:

I have ever been amused by going to a gym and see men lift weughts. They grunt and groan like barbarians, lifting the heaviest weight that they can muster. Is that to impress the ladies or their egos?

Myself, I find it relaxing to be on a treadmill or doing aerobics and stretching. Never saw the point of straining one's self to lift something so heavy, it would give you a hernia.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I have ever been amused by going to a gym and see men lift weughts. They grunt and groan like barbarians, lifting the heaviest weight that they can muster. Is that to impress the ladies or their egos?

Because one should take weights that you can lift about 8-10 times if aimed for muscle building.

Me myself, I usually work out alone so I try to aim for a higher (say 10-15) rep range with moderate weights. 'Stimulate don't annhiliate' a wise man once said. But then you have guys who do stuff like this and you wonder if his organs will melt by the time he's fifty.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

But then you have guys who do stuff like this and you wonder if his organs will melt by the time he's fifty.

Oh, ugh. Being somewhat toned and in good shape is one thing...but that's too much. Total turn off to me.

And Blood_Raven, I think more often it's about their ego - not neccesarily arrogance - the "can I/because I can" self-esteem high kind of thing. No different than people who want to climb Mt. Everest even if they lose half their digits to frostbite.

But then you have guys who do stuff like this and you wonder if his organs will melt by the time he's fifty.

Oh, ugh. Being somewhat toned and in good shape is one thing...but that's too much. Total turn off to me.

And Blood_Raven, I think more often it's about their ego - not neccesarily arrogance - the "can I/because I can" self-esteem high kind of thing. No different than people who want to climb Mt. Everest even if they lose half their digits to frostbite.

Wha? Coleman is teh MAN! Greatest bodybuider of all time. Btw, to achieve total muscle breakdown, the last few reps are the key, all the grunts and groans are very necessary for muscle growth and not some kind of silly display of egotistic male behavior. Just to clarify a bit. ^_^