Fitness and Health

Gabrielle

Overboard is what you just saw, I don't care what corny celeb he might be, because that there is not human. :rolleyes:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

All pro bodybuilders "abuse" themselves. Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

Grunting and groaning? Maybe there's a show off element, but to be honest its hard not emit some kind of grunt when lifting a heavy weight at the end of a set. However i do think excessive grunting is stupid as you are expending energy that could be otherwise focussed into the lift. Ahhnuld had a good story about an idiot grunter...

All pro bodybuilders "abuse" themselves. Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

Grunting and groaning? Maybe there's a show off element, but to be honest its hard not emit some kind of grunt when lifting a heavy weight at the end of a set. However i do think excessive grunting is stupid as you are expending energy that could be otherwise focussed into the lift. Ahhnuld had a good story about an idiot grunter...

Pros abuse themselves with all sorts of drug other than steriods. It's stupid that they risk their lives to win a stupid competition.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Lifting weights at all can be "abusing". I was weight lifting until began to feel pain in the back (no, I did it properly). Now I do only muay thai. No mass building, but I gain just enough not to be skinny, also feel more "in shape" than when lifting weights.

Regarding how many times you lift in a set, lift smaller weight many times for definition, big weight few times for mass. At least that's what I read, can't be sure if it is 100% true. :thumbsup:

Hey, hey whats this about Arnie? :wub:

Nice thread.

I'm diabetic so I must eat right and exercise. No choice.

But my motivation is pretty high : Be healthy or die!

I walk a lot but I find it boring now. Someone mentioned in this thread that he does photography while walking. Maybe I'll take it up too, it sounds like great idea and will keep me on my toes... I'm an amateur cinematographer. :wub:

My eyes!! That's even worse than anchovies. :x

I think I was the one who mentioned photography while walking. My camera pretty much goes everywhere I go. On the downside, sometimes I end up doing a little more picture taking than hiking. But I figure it gets me outside and about so... :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I used to be much more fitness aware than I am now, but surprisingly, since I stopped playing rugby, I haven't really put on much weight at all, maybe even lost some.

I do try and eat healthy things though, so I guess that could be part of it, and I'm trying to go to the gym a lot more than I do at the moment, but I don't exactly have much motivation at the moment. It's more about regular swimming at the moment, since I feel more comfortable swimming than sweating around strange people.

Moderator?!

What the.. when did that happen?

Aren't you the annoying person from the thread about the legends of gaming?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think we should just strike some poor unsuspecting newbie with moderator powers and see what happens.

Prophet. :huh:

But on a serious note, you don't know the new person well enough and still draw conclusions regardless the lack of basis for it. Are you seriously implying that Obsidian do not know what they are doing when assigning someone to be a mod?