To Boldly Go...

Arkan

Grant or Jackman?

I am Hugh!

I don't know for sure but the movie The Core

I saw that. I laughed through most of it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wonder if other sentient lifeforms would consider us sentient lifeforms...

As to the topic...could happen, who knows. But even if it does, I'll likely be dead before they have any vacations to mars brochures, so...bah.

No never maybe the monkeys, delphines, or whales, but never us... :blink:

IB1OsQq.png

http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/

SCIENCE & HOLLYWOOD FILM (its fun)

...and the earths magnetic field reverses with regular intervals, the northple becomming the south etc. it happens on average every 250 000th year

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

What we would need is another name for "paralell universe" dimensions and the regular dimensions like length/width/depth/change*

*sometimes called time

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Those are dimensions that we all are able to grasp. When you start talking about strictly hypothetical dimensions, one has every right to be slightly suspicious.

So was the church when someone dared say the earth really wasn't the center of the universe... or that the world was in fact not flat. :thumbsup:"

First off you must realise that the Church saw their excercised power threatened by such statements. Secondly, there were ****loads of ideas in those days that had little to no connection to actual science too. Herb-filled masks that were to protect a person against the plague, anyone?

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

If someone pointed at one of those vehicles and told me "that baby will go into another dimension and warp itself into hyperspace, get in", I'd most certainly reply "I'm not setting my foot in that thing".

Man, I'm going to have to remember to study mathematics in my next life.

If this is all possible and they manage to make it, whoever goes is just next in line in the long history of explorers. Plenty of people didn't want to set foot in a boat to go sailing across the Atlantic, nor hop atop a rocket and get shot into outer space.

Edited by Commissar