What should I buy?

Llyranor

What should I buy?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What should I buy?

• Halo 2
    • Fable

I never got Halo 2 through on Legendary. How's that even possible?

Takes an infinite amount of patience.

Far Cry:Instincts.

It beats Halo2 in every way.

In terms of creativity regarding gameplay...I give the slight nod...graphically, fun factor, and story-wise...nope.

BURN HALO!

it killed the genre any way you look at it.

Care to elaborate? One of my favorite shooters of all time. If anything, it got me more into FPS games. I hardly see that as "genre killing" behavior.

Don't be knockin Halo.  Halo 2 may have killed the series, but Halo was good.

How'd it kill the series? :)

"Good" in a sense that even someone as bad at shooters as I am can be pretty good at it? Could be...

Try playing somebody who's actually good at shooters. You die...quickly.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"Good" in a sense that even someone as bad at shooters as I am can be pretty good at it? Could be...

Well, I was refering to single player. Most of my multi-player experience has been on co-op.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Well, I was refering to single player. Most of my multi-player experience has been on co-op.

Legendary. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

How'd it kill the series? :luck:

Kill's the wrong word; I meant hurt. I had to rush that post because my mom was looming over me waiting for the computer. Halo 2 wasn't half the game Halo was, it didn't live up to it's name. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay was great, if you're into mindless killing. I mean for Heaven's sake, they reused the old plot! Hopefully 3 will be better.

sig2.gif

How'd it kill the series? :p

Kill's the wrong word; I meant hurt. I had to rush that post because my mom was looming over me waiting for the computer. Halo 2 wasn't half the game Halo was, it didn't live up to it's name. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay was great, if you're into mindless killing. I mean for Heaven's sake, they reused the old plot! Hopefully 3 will be better.

Spoilery...so...yeah:

I thought the story was better...much more fleshed out than the first's. Different view points, through the Arbiter, were great for better understanding the Covie's motivations...and made the Elites much more "human".

How's it hurt the series? There's questions to be answered...Gravemind...and how the civil war will play out...among other things. If anything, it gives the story a broader scope, and makes it more interesting...IMO.

And Halo, the first, was mindless killing too...more, in fact, being a bit longer game.

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

Yeah, it's a shame. Heather is a lot more interesting than that dope in SH 4.

I always thought SH3 was never ported to any other systems due to the fact that it was a followup to the original, but I recall reading somewhere that is sold the least in the series, with people not being as interested in playing a female character.

I need a new game, and these two come to mind. Which should I choose?

If you have Xbox Live than get Halo 2 for sure, it's a great game to play with friends.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf