KOTOR is just too easy...

I have Bastila and that old jedi guy in my team, and i just make them use force whirlwind on everyone while my own guy hacks em to bits. I have the combat on hard, and no ones been abled to give me any challenge yet. It was the same with HK-47 and Mission, except that then i had to buff my own guy once in a while. I'm getting bored :)

Is KOTOR 2 as easy as the first one? I was planning on playing both of them, but i might start hammer and sickle or bloodlines or FEAR or dungeon siege 2 or something if the second one isnt any harder.

the combat is easy on both, in fact its easier in Kotor 2 because you can level up past 20.

That sounds bad...And since the plot or the sidequests are really nothing special, i've been playing it because it's star wars and i needed a fix after i saw episode 3. I feel like i should just solo the whole game, to make it even remotely interesting combat wise.

I think some would disagree that the story of K1 sucks, but yeah, the combat in both is easy, unless you're a total novice to game-playing, perhaps.

There are ways to make it harder (even close to impossible) but that involves cheating using the editor so...if you're not liking the game for other reasons than the combat, I'd go play something else. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...And since the plot or the sidequests are really nothing special, i've been playing it because it's star wars and i needed a fix after i saw episode 3.

I was referring to that comment, Hades. :)

And yes, the too-easy combat was disappointing. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guess I found something else about the game I liked...*cough Atton/Di cough*...combat has never been the main thing for me anyway.

Myst was a great game in its day.

I'm just in it for the stories. :)

Never thought much of the combat, since it wasn't my main focus and reason for playing...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

:)

The smilies here are so cute.

I do like combat if it's well done...or funny, ala Majesty...in Kotor, it was easy, but I did like the animations and sounds, perhaps overmuch heh, so that made up for it a bit.

I bought KotOR because it was SW and RPG in one package. And because the Finnish reviewers gave it so flattering reviews.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The problem with KotOR 1 and 2 is that they did not use the full extent of the d20 System for the adversaries. They made the PCs Uber powerful in a short amount of time and nerfed the baddies so that they were a push over but when it came to the "bosses" we were so ridiculously high level that they had to resort to cheese to make it challenging even though they weren't.

Well, Bioware's last difficult game was BG2 and even then it wasn't that challenging, except for the fire breathing squirrel. Yeah, that killed me.Bioware just doesn't make challenging games. Obsidian seems to be following their lead in that in KotOR 2. Hopefully NWN 2 will be a challenge, a challenge without the cheese.

I'm just in it for the stories.  :ermm:

Never thought much of the combat, since it wasn't my main focus and reason for playing...

I agree with that wholeheartedly. I bet there are plenty of ways to make the game more difficult. Don't upgrade weapons, play a pacifist, or just don't level up.

Hammer and Sickle is super hard. I'm a wuss and save at almost every turn, and it still is amazingly hard. It's not impossible, it just requires a ton of strategy to be succesful. I recommend it if you're looking for a challenge. I'm playing on medium difficulty, but hard is like ironman, so I'm sure that's crazy hard.

"Well, Bioware's last difficult game was BG2 and even then it wasn't that challenging, except for the fire breathing squirrel. Yeah, that killed me.Bioware just doesn't make challenging games."

Oh please. I know you. You've died thousands of times in BIO games. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't understand why they didn't take a more "RPG" approach to the hole thing.

Force powers didn't have any kind of properties that would help enemies defend against them other then Will saves. Why couldn't there be robots that absorbed lightning attacks or certain force attacks, instead of the Force just trumping everything. Same with lightsaber attacks. All the attributes should work like a gaint game of rock/paper/scissors. No single attribute should be able to trump them all.

Also, the status changing force powers should of been more powerful. I remember a few foes using them in both KOTORs, they would be quiet annoying at times.

As I recall, the movies pretty much had the Force/Jedi trumping everything except other Force users...at least in one on one or one against three type battles...the force persuade trick is one of the few things that seemed to be not all-prevailant because it was a mental hypnotism kind of thing or something, hence the willpower.

The problem with any 'superpower' is finding a way to make it seem special and godlike without actually being undefeatable, because invulnerable god-like beings make boring heroes. I think most fantasy fails at this, stories or games...

Which as many people point out, is one of the problems with the level-up system - people want to level up and apparently it's hard to find the balance between gaining powers and increasing difficulty. . :)

And Superman and his kryptonite always annoyed me because it was so tiresome to have the bad guy just pull out a green rock at some point in every episode/comic/story whenever it was convienent. Or in game terms, pulling out the almost invincible monster/almost impossible timed situation at key points to give difficulty...it feels like a cheat.

the combat is easy on both, in fact its easier in Kotor 2 because you can level up past 20.

The eniemies get harder in KOTOR2. Have you ever managed to get it to level 40? Almost everyone is immmuned to your force powers.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf