C.S. Lewis quote

Blank

I keep waiting for like, Baley to pop out and yell "Surprise!"

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Does anyone have any facts to back up what they are saying. Like, you know, real facts and sources of information?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Surprise! :))

Hahahaha.

Does anyone have any facts to back up what they are saying.  Like, you know, real facts and sources of information?

Problem is, a lot of religion can't be backed up with fact. This is why I wonder why Hades believes in God when he says he never bases his beliefs on faith. Kind of hypocritical, if you ask me. :) So Hades, what proof do you have of God's existance, so I may share it with others?

Edited by Mothman

Problem is, a lot of religion can't be backed up with fact.  This is why I wonder why Hades believes in God when he says he never bases his beliefs on faith.  Kind of hypocritical, if you ask me.  :)  So Hades, what proof do you have of God's existance, so I may share it with others?

I only go by what I know and what I have personally experience. I do not believe in God. I do not worship God. As I said before, take that as you will. I have no need to back up my statements for I know what I know. If you need proof then find it on your own.

Edited by Judge Hades

Does anyone have any facts to back up what they are saying.  Like, you know, real facts and sources of information?

Probelm is, a lot of religion can't be backed up with fact. This is why I wonder why Hades believes in God when he says he never bases his beliefs on faith. Kind of hypocritical, if you ask me. :)

Well, it's just that grimmy-boy over there has some startling claims, but like, he isn't backing it up with anything. How does he know this for fact?

I only go by what I know and what I have personally experience.  I do not believe in God.  I do not worship God.  As I said before, take that as you will. 

For me, God does exist.

I have no need to back up my statements for I know what I know.  If you need proof then find it on your own. 

If you don't need to back up your statements, why should I?

Edited by Mothman

Scale it down a bit guys.

Grimtongue, let avoid making comparisons where they don't exist and are inflammitory. I could easily make some very harsh judgement calls about Christianity but for the sake of courtesy, I don't. Please extend that same courtesy to the rest of us.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Me, I don't agree with the Islamic faith.  And this is mostly because I disagree with many of the things it teaches, especially regarding attitude toward other faiths and women.  And ever since it's founding, Islam has been waging war with those around it.  It's common knowledge that Muhammad waged war to spread his religion.  And to boot, he made Jews and Christians pay a special jizrah, or tax in those cities he conquered.  Read the Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam.  Good book.  :)  The Islamic invasion is also a good one to read, though it's less detailed.  Also, What Went Wrong? is another good one.  And in case you don't believe me, read the Quran yourself.

Honestly Mothie, Christianity have its share of wars in its wake as well. The Crusades, for one.

I don't like Islam anymore than Christianity, but both are responsible for a lot of bloodsheed. (I notice that you wrote "Islam has been waging war", don't you usually correct me when I blame something on Christianty saying "its the people, not the religion"?)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Honestly Mothie, Christianity have its share of wars in its wake as well. The Crusades, for one.

I don't like Islam anymore than Christianity, but both are responsible for a lot of bloodsheed. (I notice that you wrote "Islam has been waging war", don't you usually correct me when I blame something on Christianty saying "its the people, not the religion"?)

For one thing, the crusades were not as much an unprovoked attack as they were a delayed response to years of Muslim aggression. The first crusade was a response to a call for help from the Byzantine Emperor Alexius I Comnenus. By that time, Muslims had been conquering and repressing Jews and Christians throughout much of the Middle East. About my wording, that was a poor choice of words on my part, and you're right. Unfortunately, Islam does provide justification for waging war in Allah's name.

Sura 9:5 - "...fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)."

Sura 9:29 - "Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden Which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, even if they are of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.”

Sura 47:4 Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; at length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly on them…”

But here:

Exodus 20:13 – “You shall not murder.”

Mathew 26:52 – “…all who draw the sword will die by the sword.”

Luke 6:27 – “But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.”

Luke 23:49 – “When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. But Jesus answered, ‘No more of this!’ And he touched man’s ear and healed him.”

Keep in mind the OT is full of wars being waged, but those are commands to go to war against specific people at a specific time for a specific reason. They are part of history, not doctrine. :blink: Also, in the OT offenses are listed as punishable by death. Keep in mind, this is before the coming of Jesus, and these commands did were for the followers to obey for themselves, not to go out and wage war as a means of spreading the faith. Christianity teaches that because Jesus came, we no longer should punish others ourselves. But that, as always, is my interpretation.

Edited by Mothman

Yes, but I am not refering to those gods.  Just the one who created the three.

There is no other GOD that created seperate GODS for each religion - There is only 1 Christian God , and the other religions each have there own

If you are gonna make a statement like that back in up

Or you could *gasp* try and back up yours.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

You don't listen to well, do you. I have no need to back my statements for I know what I know. You need to do your own searching in order to learn and to know.

God created Juadiasm, Christianity, and Islam. Other gods have their own religion for whatever purpose they saw fit. Then there is bhuddism that doesn't really have a god to it. That one I can live with.

I just don't want anyone to die without having heard the truth.

Look from my perspective for a second: i believe that all will be judged by God. I don't want you guys to go to hell, so i am persistantly telling you what i know, and basing it on scripture, since i believe what Hebrews 4:12 says:

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

I am just, "one beggar telling another beggar where to find food," so please don't think i am trying to be on a power-trip or ego-boosting quest or something. Hopefully this explains my persistant inclusion of God in a lot of things i post about.

Yes, in fact, it does explain it. Here's the explanation I've gotten: "I'm so arrogant that I believe I know what's right. I also think that none of you guys have ever thought about this stuff before, despite massive evidence to the contrary in every thread I've ever made, and consequently I will bestow upon you, little sinners, the wonderous gift that is the key to entering heaven."

I've heard it all before, from people much more persuasive than you, and yet I remain unconvinced. I shall remain unconvinced, forever. I am a doubter. No, worse than that - I am an unbeliever. An infidel. You're not going to change my mind. I have the common decency not to try and change yours, why can't you do the same for me? Because you think I'm going to hell, and want to save me? I think you're wasting your life and missing out on some of the truly great experiences a young man can have because you follow archaic rules that don't make a lot of sense, but hey...I leave you to it.

I live a pretty good life. I donate to charity. I'm kind to people, for the most part. If there is a God, and he wants to send me to hell because I used the ability to reason that he apparently gave me, so be it. Doesn't sound like much of a loving sort, though; that's more a malicious trickster.

Edited by Commissar

You don't listen to well, do you.  I have no need to back my statements for I know what I know.  You need to do your own searching in order to learn and to know.

God created Juadiasm, Christianity, and Islam.  Other gods have their own religion for whatever purpose they saw fit.  Then there is bhuddism that doesn't really have a god to it.  That one I can live with.

If you don't need to back up your statements, why should we?