Next Gen Consoles

Pope

Which Next Gen Consoles Will You Get?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Next Gen Consoles Will You Get?

• PlayStation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Revolution
    • None
    • Unsure as yet

Well I didn't say that the platform will by an abyss filled with lackluster worthless but shiny titles for eternity either.

I fully expect some nice stuff to come out on the platform by the end of it's life cycle.

Hell, buying a PS2 on release was a dumbass thing to do. What was on it? SSX? :(

A person should never buy a "new" console unless it has one of two things.

1) Excellent RC

2) At least 10 games you want.

That way it most likely won't collect dust.

Hence, the reason I didn't buy X-Box when it first came out, either. I tend to look at the titles available for a platform rather than the platform itself, which I'm sure a lot of people do. By the time I got it, there were plenty of new and upcoming titles available for it which I knew I wanted. And besides, if I hadn't waited, I'd be stuck with the original controller instead of the controller S for it. :(

BTW Gabs, how does Soul Calibur III run on PC? What about Halo 2? Or Resident Evil 4, for that matter? ^_^

BTW Gabs, how does Soul Calibur III run on PC?  What about Halo 2?  Or Resident Evil 4, for that matter?  ^_^

I'm afraid I don't have any of those games.

And you never will, for they're not available for PC. :(

And wow, I didn't realize the Revolution was so small. Here's a size comparison of the three consoles:

xbox360_ps3_nintendo_revolution_size.jpg

Edited by Mothman

The Revolution will ofcourse, be much more underpowered than the PS3 and Xbox360.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That picture is misleading.

Correct. The X-Box 360 pic image is missing the rape port, the port especially designed for when you just want to screw the console.

As for getting any next gen console, I can't be bothered to think about it now but if any of the previous consoles were any hint, I'd go with anything Sony or Nintendo has to offer. Sony for the large assemblage of third party developers who've found a new home with them, and Nintendo for some downright enjoyable, charming and exclusive titles they always seem to launch (Zelda and Metroid come to mind).