Next Gen Consoles

Pope

Which Next Gen Consoles Will You Get?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Next Gen Consoles Will You Get?

• PlayStation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Revolution
    • None
    • Unsure as yet

Bah... I don't care. These two consoles are shrouded in so much "next-gen" marketing BS and hype that I'm completely turned off.

Edit: However, if you dangled me off a cliff and threatened to release me if I didn't buy one of these, there's one thing I know for sure -- it's not going to be the PS3. The reason for that is simple, I hate Sony with a deep and intense passion.

Edited by angshuman

I'm going to wait until the dust has settled before I choose but there's a 80% chance it'll be a PS3 as long as it comes with a Blu-Ray player. I'll miss those western RPGs though. :(

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I dont like console games and I dont like consoles. But what really ticks me off are these damned "exclusives", I dont appreciate MS and SONY deliberately taking games off the PC market in a vain attempt to sell more consoles.

Its like "Sure Id love to play PNJ, but Im not f*cking paying

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I dont like console games and I dont like consoles. But what really ticks me off are these damned "exclusives", I dont appreciate MS and SONY deliberately taking games off the PC market in a vain attempt to sell more consoles.

Edited by Haitoku

If you have a decent machine with up to date sound and graphics card you shouldn't have to worry about buying any new hardware for a couple of years.  Now if you go out and by the cheap **** than that's your problem.

Come on now.

I went out of my way to buy the best possible system for that money. The only real error I made was buying Intel instead of AMD (because this was a gaming machine, I got my labtop for school work) and not getting an SLI motherboard (I'm seriously regretting that one).

But now, I can't seem to run everything with maxed settings/resolution anymore without taking a rather big FPS hit.

~ You know, you see and hear about how fast technology changes... and sometimes the way is described simply does not sound true. But, there is a lot of truth to it.

I have a computer built a year and a half ago that can play any game out right now.

2.8 MHZ P4

512 MB RAM

ATI 9500

Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS

All I need to do is keep the drivers up to date. The only problems I have are game related problems like Bloodlines memory leak and other graphic issues that are a problem with the game.

I've had mine for three years in it's current state.

I expected to have to upgrade for HL2, but it worked okay for that one.

Probably gonna need to upgrade for F.E.A.R., but I don't have the money for that right now so I'm pretty okay playing Bloodlines and my other old games until then.

But why should you always have the Max. Graphical options on?

If you aren't that greedy a PC can work for atleast 2 year...

Well, I suppose that's one solution.

But for a $2,000 machine... You would expect I wouldn't have to tone it down much wouldn't you?

Besides, there has been very, very few PC games released this year that didn't require graphic prowess in to play their best...

I'll probably get them at the following order:

1. Revolution (cheapest, most interesting concept)

2. Playstation 3 (the games)

And then, maybe a Xbox360.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We can argue graphics and things all night but the main reasn why I and everyone with half a brain prefer a PC is because of the possiblities. You can do anything on a PC, its so infinitely much more than a gaming toy. Anything from painting fine art, to plugging your guitar into it and use it as an amp, to editing films, to creating you own programs and games etc. etc.

Whereas a console will never be more than a toy.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

We can argue graphics and things all night but the main reasn why I and everyone with half a brain prefer a PC is because of the possiblities. You can do anything on a PC, its so infinitely much more than a gaming toy. Anything from painting fine art, to plugging your guitar into it and use it as an amp, to editing films, to creating you own programs and games etc. etc.

A childs toy.

I'll agree with you on that.

PC has an infinite amount of uses... Console is just one really.

I'll ignore Gabrielle's comment for the obvious reasons. :-