KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

The game is back!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Oh, indeed I do. If they do use the NWN 2 engine I hope they increase the skills tenfold as well add in more of the base classes and a number of prestige classes than just the Jedi ones.

Then again I think they would be better off making a totally new game.

PNJ uses the Unreal engine and is not a sequel.  Feargus stated if they were going to do a KotOR 3 they would use the NWN 2 engine.  It would make sense to move the majority of the NWN 2 people to KotOR 3 if that is the case.  The PNJ crew would probably be made up by some of the people they have already working on it and do some new hires if needed.  I can see Chris A. moving from NWN 2 to KotOR 3 while J.E. Sawyer leading the team on PNJ.

If I was Feargus that is how I would handle it.

excuse my ignorence, but what the hell is PNJ?

So, when is Obsidian Ent. going to admit that they are working on KotOR III?

BioWare Had Mentioned it in October:

(Read 4th Post Down on this Page)

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewt...53946&forum=104

He was responding to if Bioware would do K3? "As long as Obsidian is doing KotOR 3, I'm happy." It just means bioware is not doing it. It is not some juicy news everyone wants to hear. Damn!

I was honestly one of the people who liked to hear the rumors but this is just getting out of hand. Next it will be the developer's cousin's boyfriend who's a friend of a friend of Bastila Skywalker with a rumor. <_<

Unless it's LA or Obsidian I'm not going to believe it.

Leadership is actually a feat, not a skill, in the d20 System. Skills that could work well would be breaking Persuade down to what they are supposed to be: Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate. Astrogate would be a fun/ If you fail your Astrogate roll you end up somewhere else, could severely damage the hyperdrive, or something like that. Also I think they should have timed events and using the rules for travel time in Hyperspace should have a huge factor. Balance, Tumble, Sleight of Hand would be good for a scoundrel.

Stuff that are basic in the Star Wars d20 game.

Leadership is actually a feat, not a skill, in the d20 System.  Skills that could work well would be breaking Persuade down to what they are supposed to be:  Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.  Astrogate would be a fun/  If you fail your Astrogate roll you end up somewhere else, could severely damage the hyperdrive, or something like that.  Also I think they should have timed events and using the rules for travel time in Hyperspace should have a huge factor.  Balance, Tumble, Sleight of Hand would be good for a scoundrel. 

so, you are trying to incorperate dnd skills into star wars as well as some feasible star warsy skills

No.  I would like to see them incorporate more skills of the d20 System Star Wars PnP game into the CRPG version.  Page 75 of the Star Wars Core Rules (Revised).

yeah, that make more sense (the only reason i thought dnd is because that was the last feat i took in my dnd party, to level up to L19) leadership that is

Edited by Skywalker

If they are basing the game on the PnP system then it needs to be as close to the PnP version as possible otherwise it is just using the name and not the substance. If they made a Star Wars based on original rules set I wouldn't have too much problem with it as longit is detailed enough to do the job.

If they are basing the game on the PnP system then it needs to be as close to the PnP version as possible otherwise it is just using the name and not the substance.  If they made a Star Wars based on original rules set I wouldn't have too much problem with it as longit is detailed enough to do the job.

true

Leadership is actually a feat, not a skill, in the d20 System.  Skills that could work well would be breaking Persuade down to what they are supposed to be:  Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.  Astrogate would be a fun/  If you fail your Astrogate roll you end up somewhere else, could severely damage the hyperdrive, or something like that.  Also I think they should have timed events and using the rules for travel time in Hyperspace should have a huge factor.  Balance, Tumble, Sleight of Hand would be good for a scoundrel. 

Personaly I like it that they condensed down the skills a bit. It makes the game less number crunshing, then when you have way to many skill and have to sit and balance them against each other for a long time at each lvl, when you are to place out skills.

Bluff/diplomacy/intimidate is under persuasion in KotOR

They could add in a few more skills though:

Athletics=swim/climb/tumble/jump

Pilot=pilot/astrogate

Streetwise=Appraise/gather information/streetwise

survival=handle animals/ride/survival

Slight of hand should probably be under stealth though

I have a feeling that since we got to page 60, Obsidian doens't care any longer what we are writing. Shall we go playing and trying to insult each other and Obsidian (all an act) to see if they actually care?

Master Vandar lives!