Need some advice

Jumjalum

I'm having a few problems finding a xmas present for my 3 and a half year old nephew so my sister suggested getting him a game for his PC.  I can't think of any suitable games for his age group, has anyone any experience in this kind of thing?  Is there a good website for mini-gamers?

Take alook at alot of the PS releases and game cube releases (and see if they out for PC).

I know my brother bought a PS for his kids and hes found a TON of new and old games he will allow them to play (and hes super strict, doesnt even allow kids to watch shows like "Law and Order", "Simpsons", or "Corner Gas").

I saw this system  these kids were using the other day inwhich they used analog sticks made of wax and filled in shapes on a spreadsheet made of pressed wood pulp until they made complex images. The best thing about this system was that it was able to give the user almost absolute freedom in what they actually did to the sheets, some filled in the lines, some went outside. Even better, I hear this system is relatively cheap.

That is genius!

Have you thought about marketing this invention?

I remember the old school The Learning Company games. They were awesome. The Super Solvers games were so much fun when I was like 16 8. They had some ones for earlier too. Games like Reader Rabbit and Tree-house. Well, I think Treehouse was Broderbund, but it was still fun.

http://www.learningcompany.com/

There. I speak from experience when I say they make fun stuff for youngsters. Even if it is educational.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

When my two girls were growing up, I think I bought every comp game that even sounded interesting. Of course my ideas and theirs varied pretty widely. Some had more time invested in installation than in actual play. Mixed Up Mother Goose is still remembered fondly, and is still available in the closeout bin at cdaccess.com. Reader Rabbit was okay, but they liked Apogee software's Word Rescue and Math Rescue better--those people made some good games, and most of them are available for download.

But the winner by far is the box with the wood shavings.

OK, I'm sorted. I got him one of those tape recorders where you can make yourself sound like an alien or a robot so I'll show him how to make fart noises and hide it behind the couch.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I'm having a few problems finding a xmas present for my 3 and a half year old nephew so my sister suggested getting him a game for his PC.  I can't think of any suitable games for his age group, has anyone any experience in this kind of thing?  Is there a good website for mini-gamers?

Lets see here...

Fallout 1 and 2 are good games. Planescape Torment. If he has good hand eye coordination get him Doom 3. :lol:

Hehe, she was partial to a bit of Gabriel Knight back in the day, Psychonauts is a good choice though.  I don't know if I can get the little 'un Lego Star Wars as it involves chopping things with swords which his parents don't really want to encourage.

See the problem is his grandparents (my folks) have bought him a massive pirate ship so anything I get him is going to be pretty lame in comparison.  I might as well just get him a big pile of sweeties.

Get him the Pirates PC game :thumbsup:

Might be a little too complex for him though.

EDIT: How about Pirate Lego?

Yaarrrr!

Edited by alanschu

TMNT: Mutant Rampage(or whatever)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds