X3... Xmen

Calax

Surprisingly it didn't suck. It wasn't as good as the first two, but that wasn't because of Ratner. I actually thought there was some pretty good directing there. The writers need to find a new line of work though.

Was a little confused by one part though

During the Danger Room sequence when Colossus is shielding Rogue, it looks like he turned her head metal. WTF?

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

During the Danger Room sequence when Colossus is shielding Rogue, it looks like he turned her head metal. WTF?

Yeah, I know. He extended his powers by the Comic Book Super Power Rule # 4 - for the 'via contact' principle allows for such phenomenon...apparently. After which, Kitty shortly followed suit as well. :D

manthing2.jpg

Yeah... Rogue absorbed his ability for a short time. Thats why Colossus shakes his head afterwards as if he's been smacked.

Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry on a Brit chat show last night - Wolverine films will be made. Hopefully now we'll see some real Logan as opposed to "comic relief/grouchy uncle" Logan like in X-Men 3. Also Berry seemed to have a positive take on the idea of more X-men films.

There IS NO X-Men Evolution cartoon series.  I denounce it just like Kor denounces the 60's Spiderman cartoons (though the 70's Spiderman movies were arguably worse).  <_<

Now the 90's X-Men and Spidey cartoons were awesome!  :cool:

I'm still going to argue that the 60's cartoons were worse than the movies. In the telefilms you had the same wall crawling scene repeated, while in the cartoons everything was a rehash. The same stock footage over and over again... :) .

As for XMen I still hope I get to go see it tomorrow, although I have to say my expectations are pretty low. Partly from what I've read here, and partly because I didn't really think the second one was all that hot. Aside from the opening scene with Nightcrawler, that is.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

There IS NO X-Men Evolution cartoon series.  I denounce it just like Kor denounces the 60's Spiderman cartoons (though the 70's Spiderman movies were arguably worse).  <_<

Now the 90's X-Men and Spidey cartoons were awesome!  :cool:

I'm still going to argue that the 60's cartoons were worse than the movies. In the telefilms you had the same wall crawling scene repeated, while in the cartoons everything was a rehash. The same stock footage over and over again... >_< .

As for XMen I still hope I get to go see it tomorrow, although I have to say my expectations are pretty low. Partly from what I've read here, and partly because I didn't really think the second one was all that hot. Aside from the opening scene with Nightcrawler, that is.

^_^

But hey - they had a 70's CARTOON one as well. I thought is was just the 70's movies, but watching this also somehow brings back memories...

Now this was the good stuff. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

Xmen 3, "We slapped the Dark Phoenix saga onto the "Cure" story. GO US!"

yes in the comics there actually was a cure story that used a mutant to figure it out. Only problem was that the mutant was Colossus... and it was by Joss Wheaton.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Damn you rehashing that old sixties theme song, Jags.

But the second one took me back. That series was almost never on, as well as its successor, 'Spider-Man and his amazing friends' which was almost exactly the same except they added ' with Firestar and Iceman' to the end. Plus there was even a Spider-Woman cartoon on at roughly the same time. Yes, I know I'm old.

Fox really nailed it down for the nineties version, though. From the Secret Wars to Black Cat it was easily my favorite. The CGI one that aired a few years ago was kind of weak, IMO.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And at least youtube led me to a show worse than the 60s SM cartoons.

Be warned , this link will rot your brain. Rot your brain I tell you!!!

edit: That's me Herc, that's me herc >_<

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Thank Jags, I had almost forgotten about the second one. Those were my favourite shows as a kid, along with the original He-Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. This was post-1989 Romania, four or so years I think. There were only a few TV Channels around and they seldom aired toons. Times were hard. My father had all these shows on tape, VCR. There were a lot of these things flying around in Pre-Copyright Law Romania. This might be nostalgia talking but for the 60s, the first show wasn't too bad. Have you seen the series as a child, Jags?

I still watch the 90s Spider-Man now and again. The first episodes are kinda bland. I suppose it did improve once Madam Webb became a regular.

Has anyone here seen the follow-up?

I've also seen a few Hercules episodes. When I was 13-14. Started drinking.

As for the X-Men movies, the first two were hardly impressive, apart from Stewart and McKellan. God, I get a boner seeing those two act. Has this one gone a more traditional 80s route? With tons of one liners and sweet-macho action?

Ghost World is the only great comic book-movie.

As for the X-Men movies, the first two were hardly impressive, apart from Stewart and McKellan. God, I get a boner seeing those two act. Has this one gone a more traditional 80s route? With tons of one liners and sweet-macho action?

Wolverine has some good onliners once again, but compared to first two I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Ghost World is the only great comic book-movie.

Make that brilliant. But it's not a super hero-movie.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What exactly is Apocalypse's mutant power?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Apocalypse is a virtually immortal mutant bonded with extra-terrestrial technology. He is one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe, possessing a magnitude of superhuman abilities, including almost unsurpassed strength and invulnerability and the ability to shift and alter his mass.

Read up more if you wish.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

They managed to not screw up beast which was nice. From his opening scene reading a scientific magazine while hanging upside down to the "Oh my stars and garters" line. His struggle between trying to accept who he is and wanting to look normal.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't like the way the film teased the audience by alluding to Days of Future Past with the danger room sequence and "in the not too distant future" <_< Other dislikes:

Guy who played Angel looked too... y'know and he was a pointless character.

Juggs and Colossus were under used.

Mystique's "neutering".

Snot nosed punk kid Pyro being Magneto's lieutenant.

Pyro having nothing more than a fancy flamethrower.

Lame DBZ style battle between Iceman and Pyro.

Pointless deaths.

The music.

Also the Phoenix storyline should not have been touched for this film.

Rant over...evreything else was good.