X3... Xmen

Calax

Obviously some of those were filmed e.g. the trailer stuff.

Was the other stuff filmed and then cut? Or did those scenes never make it off the drawing board?

As for extended DVD wasn't there an Xmen 1.5 and/or 2.5? Fox might follow suit and release a 3.5.

Obviously some of those were filmed e.g. the trailer stuff.

Was the other stuff filmed and then cut? Or did those scenes never make it off the drawing board?

As for extended DVD wasn't there an Xmen 1.5 and/or 2.5? Fox might follow suit and release a 3.5.

I assume they were filmed as there were shown in pictures/images. Of course not everything that's shot gets filmed, but in FOX's case it's more likely it made it in but then got cut. <_<

That being said, FOX were the ones who insisted of f***ing up the script, so who can say?

manthing2.jpg

There was a Xmen 1.5 (which I bought as a double with 2), which includes all the deleted and extra scenes from both films (IIRC) ... even rated M (instead of PG, like the film) because there is an extra-revealing shot with Mystique walking away from the low-mounted camera ...

So I guess there will be a 3.5.

And a 4. I just hope they don't decide to go cheap and cheerful and make it like Police Academy. ;)

There's good mileage to be had out of the franchise, but it behooves the producers to invest significantly to reap the benefits. Which is not always a foregone conclusion, unfortately ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I liked the movie but theres a WTF moment and that being killing off some of the main characters? WTF? They killed off the core members of the group. I don't like that at all.

Nobody in Comic world dies forever.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Ultimate is a lot better.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think psylocke was supposed to be the girl with arclight who went into the facility...

as for the class of mutants? think of it this way

class 1, you've got an extra toe

Class 2, WHeeee you can fly/breath underwater.

class 3, you've got a primary mutation that sucks more out of the person but has more of a bang.

class 4. Magneto and Charles and prettymuch the entire cast of primary characters fit in here.

Class 5 Oh sweet jesus run like heck because we ain't gonna survive to see the next dawn.

Class 6, Phoenix (comics version (eats stars for breakfast)) and Externals, apocolypse... you get the idea

In the comics, the overpowered mutants are classified as Omega-Level, these include Franklin Richards, Jean Grey, Bobby Drake(Yes, Iceman is in the same league as Jean Grey. Apparently if he felt like it he could freeze the entire world), etc.

It's been shown that bobby can probably manipulate WATER rather than just ice. At one point Emma Frost gets put in his head and she takes bobbies ice form and melts herself into a puddle and uses an underground waterway to get outside the property.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What level was Legion?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Magneto is only level 4? I remember reading a comic book when I was young, and he was fighting the entire crew of X-men at once, and he kept lobbing cars, trucks and supertankers at them. When they still didn't give up, he lifted the entire city of New York and tried to crush them with that (or something) but I don't remember how it ended. I guess the X-men found a way to defeat him somehow.

I loved that comic book.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Magneto is only level 4? I remember reading a comic book when I was young, and he was fighting the entire crew of X-men at once, and he kept lobbing cars, trucks and supertankers at them. When they still didn't give up, he lifted the entire city of New York and tried to crush them with that (or something) but I don't remember how it ended. I guess the X-men found a way to defeat him somehow.

I loved that comic book.

yeah... theres' a bit of a power jump between levels 4 and 5. and I'm just going off the movies. because jean was the only level 5 that they had ever met.

Well, Professor and Magneto might have been category five, as well (there is no reason why they can't be); there is no mention of category six (first I've heard of it): I thought they were using the storm rating system.

Also, I guess the reason Pyro was Magneto's lieutenant was because all the other mutos were dead. :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, Professor and Magneto might have been category five, as well (there is no reason why they can't be); there is no mention of category six (first I've heard of it): I thought they were using the storm rating system.

Also, I guess the reason Pyro was Magneto's lieutenant was because all the other mutos were dead. =]

I made up catagory six because they haven't encountered those people yet and dispite what they want us to believe Jean in the movies isn't on the same level as phoenix and Apocolypse.

Also, I guess the reason Pyro was Magneto's lieutenant was because all the other mutos were dead. =]

I made up catagory six because they haven't encountered those people yet and dispite what they want us to believe Jean in the movies isn't on the same level as phoenix and Apocolypse.

Apocalypse's mutant power isn't really all that cool. He's just immortal. He absorbed all sorts of alien technology which is why he can rearrange his body and all that. I think he's still considered an Omega level mutant, since his powers are the same as Mr Immortal, and he's considered one.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I remember there was a kid in the Isle of Man who was insanely powerful (Moira's son?). What class would he be?

Edit: Proteus. And it's Muir Island apparently. :">

Edited by Soulseeker

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just asked that, but nooo...no one even noticed that.

Edit: Scratch that...Legion is the one who set motion AoA, but who's Proteus?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

kirottu said:

I've read The Odissey, thank you. =]

Anyway, wasn't he more powerful than everyone else?

Edit: Oh, you were talking to Mus. I didn't notice his edit.

Edited by Soulseeker

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Apocalypse's mutant power isn't really all that cool. He's just immortal. He absorbed all sorts of alien technology which is why he can rearrange his body and all that. I think he's still considered an Omega level mutant, since his powers are the same as Mr Immortal, and he's considered one.

from what i could tell his mutation is that he can forcefully mutate his own body (ie growing gills). But then i've not been around for the major arcs featuring him.

And Surr was right. I was referring to the comic mythos rather than the wierd schizo version.

Edit: and Proteus was able to go one on one with Phoenix and would have won without the rest of the Xmen. I'd rank him an omega level.

Edited by Calax

underused characters billed as main, two main plots that remain completely unrelated and are never tied up together in any way.

That's not a fault: an ethical dilemma does not have a "right" and "wrong" answer. :wub:

And they remain completely underdeveloped. And last, but not least, the "last stand" battle sucked major @$$. Why? The Brotherhood was composed of 100+ 'mutants,' out of which only 5-6 actually used any powers. They did'nt even looked different! It actually played out like a large streetfight, not a 'war.' (Same thing with mutant protestors, they were just random extras. What happen with the really f-ed up mutations? At least paint someone red or green or have someone glowing fer christ sakes...) Oh, and what's up wit magneto's sentries at the forest, carrying shotguns and stuff? For a second I thought I was at a Van Damme film...

You don't recall the comment (by Callisto) about the magification of mutation? (It was a major theme, what with Jean Grey being the only "category five", and Magneto and Pyro being the only ones in the church that were "category three" or above.)

It makes sense in a bell curve distribution that most of the population are only moderately affected.

Oh yeah, never mind that 'evil mutants' actually mean dressing up in a goth-industrial-punk manner. Steriotypes at work.

I have said enough in this post, so I'm signing off.

One last thing, "I'm doing it for you. Because I love you." Ok, how about Cyclops actually saying this? That would be believable since he's F-ING JEAN GREY'S LOVE AS EXPLICITLY STATED IN X1 AND X2 (nevermind the comics, this actually breaks the movie canon!).

Wow, you really have a lot to learn about relationships! (You should have restrained yourself from that last comment.)

You do realise that more than one person can love another AT THE SAME TIME, right? And it is possible to love more than one person at the same time, right? (E.g. it is possible to love both a mother AND a father at the same time.)

Hint: the intertron is your friend. :(

First: Don't patronize me. I know that you can love more than one person at the same time. I criticize that particular moment because the movies made clear that she loved Cyclops. Also, it came off as cheesy and lame. It didn't made me feel anything.

Second: I must make myself clear about the "tied up plots" remark. What I meant to say was that the two plots in the movie were not tied up together in any way. I was not talking about resolution, I know it's an ethical dilemma, hence the difficulty of an easy answer.

Wow, you really have a lot to learn about relationships! (You should have restrained yourself from that last comment.)

You do realise that more than one person can love another AT THE SAME TIME, right? And it is possible to love more than one person at the same time, right? (E.g. it is possible to love both a mother AND a father at the same time.)

Hint: the intertron is your friend. :(

First: Don't patronize me. I know that you can love more than one person at the same time. I criticize that particular moment because the movies made clear that she loved Cyclops. Also, it came off as cheesy and lame. It didn't made me feel anything.

Wow, you really have a lot to learn about non-necrophilic relationships! (You should have restrained yourself from that last comment.)

You do realise that an individual is more likely to physically love someone who's still living rather than dead, right? (E.g. making out with a person rather than a corpse.)

Hint: Mortality is your friend. ;)

manthing2.jpg

:(

Don't make immature statements.

I felt that it was pretty clear that Jean chose Cyclops over Logan ... where a choice is made, it is implicit that either alternative would be desirable (to a lesser or greater extent, under whatever different circumstances): in fact Logan actually tells the jealous and distraught Cyclops that Jean "chose" him, at the conclusion to the second film.

Given that, it is not a large leap for Jean to look for the only person she could trust (i.e. bound up with love), whilst being mentaly under attack from Ph

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I cried when he said he did it for her. I cried lke a little girl, for hours.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.