X3... Xmen

Calax

Calax just made one of the most tragic and dramatic sagas on comics ever sound bland and fabricated. :-

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, compared to the mockery of reboots that Marvel, and I guess DC pull off to sell comics nowadays I guess the DPS would sound bland compared to the entire universe being reborn. Again.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Calax just made one of the most tragic and dramatic sagas on comics ever sound bland and fabricated. :wacko:

honestly it would have been tragic and dramatic it jean had STAYED DEAD! but she's not bucky or uncle ben so that don't work

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I just saw it.

The movie could actually have been made passable almost until the end. But the ending was really the kiss of death.

As someone said before, at least Beast was cool. And Jean is incredibly hot.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just saw it. Average Hollywood entertainment, nothing more nothing less.

X-men has always been a completely character driven affair that doesnt lend itself well to a 2hour film format, where theres no time to give space to all the characters.

But my personal issue with all three films is that theyve completely screwed up Mystique. I can understand that they didnt want two major badguys and so couldnt go with the "mastervillain mystique" of the comics.. but what I can figure out is why they spent thousands of dollars and 6-7hours every day of shooting, on turning her into some scaly blue freak when they could have just gone with a cool suit, a red wig and some facepaint? It would have looked much, much better.

hollywood logic never ceases to amaze me :wacko:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hulk is better, man. :wacko:

Heja Sverige!!

Calax just made one of the most tragic and dramatic sagas on comics ever sound bland and fabricated. :p

honestly it would have been tragic and dramatic it jean had STAYED DEAD! but she's not bucky or uncle ben so that don't work

...They brought back Bucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucky#Winter_Soldier

Hey - it may not be better than X1, X2, Spidey 1, Spidey 2 and Batman Begins...but at least it's better than the Hulk, Punisher, Fanstastic Four, Daredevil and Elektra.  :wacko:

I own every one of those on DVD.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

yup... same with jason todd.

Also...

DAMMIT I LIKED PUNISHER!

DAMMIT I LIKED PUNISHER!

Damn straight - the Dolph Ludgren version rocked! :blink:"

Nope Thomas Jane...

Of course I loved the MAX series they put out for adults only (so much blood sex gore and bad words I passed out)

Also pick up welcome back, frank... it's basically a the movie without saint or the origin.

Thanks Calax.  :blink:

--

Also: Does anyone remember those Spiderman movies they had during the 70's?  Oh man...

no... I wasn't around then.

Anyone remember the Xmen pilot movie thing where they had Wolverine talking like an aussie? (thank god for roomie comic gods.)

I own every one of those on DVD.

Sweet. :cool:

But tell you've spared youself the abomination that is "Catwoman."

--

DAMMIT I LIKED PUNISHER!

Damn straight - the Dolph Ludgren version rocked! :blink:"

Catwoman is the only movie I've downloaded I haven't bought afterwards. I usually only download movies I'm not curious enough to spend money on. Though most turn out to be awesome and I buy them (such as Super Troopers and Boondock Saints). Catwoman I just really didn't want to spend any money on. So I downloaded it, watched it, and felt like I got ripped off. I mean seriously, its about an evil cosmetics company run by the Merovingian. The makup makes his wife invulnerable man! DEAR GOD GIVE ME MY 2 HOURS BACK!

Oh, and I saw one of those Spider-Man movies. Had Peter with a fro. Got hypnotised into jumping off the empire state building.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

no... I wasn't around then.

Yeah, neither was I. But they really became a cable rerun favorite. They were so bad, they were actually good. Kinda like those really, really old Spidey cartoons, or the Adam West Batman series/movies.

--

Oh, and I saw one of those Spider-Man movies. Had Peter with a fro. Got hypnotised into jumping off the empire state building.

Oh God, I remember that. :blink:

Remember the old skool hypnosis effect with the spinning black & white wheel thing? Classic.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Please don't mention the old Spider-Man cartoons please? They always lead to memories of the old Rocket Robin Hood cartoons, which were as bad plus one.

And the live action stuff on tv was a prime time series, wasn't it? I can't remember any telemovies of Spidey for some reason.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thanks Calax.  :(

--

Also: Does anyone remember those Spiderman movies they had during the 70's?  Oh man...

Yeah, they were on the Sci-Fi channel back when it wasn't crappy reality TV and crappy Stargate TV serieses.

They taught me to always use proper protection when building an atomic bomb.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

To be fair they're all watchable (even the campy Daredevil) with the exception of FF and Elehtra - now those were truly dire.

But the WORST one is Catwoman, hands down.  <_<

I wonder why you paid to watch Catwoman?

The cynic in me has an hypothesis.

:("

She does a full frontal in Monster's Ball ...

I just saw it.

The movie could actually have been made passable almost until the end. But the ending was really the kiss of death.

As someone said before, at least Beast was cool. And Jean is incredibly hot.

Jean is hot especially since Famke Janssen is in her 40's. I wonder if the CGI anti aging was used on her?

Why do you suppose that a woman needs assistance to look hawt in her forties? (My partner, who has featured in Italian Vogue, looks younger than most of the teenagers in the local supermarket: she was asked for id last week!)

I would contend that the malnourished youngsters that have no life experience to draw on are the ones who try (and fail) to fake allure; give me a woman who is comfortable in her own skin and knows what she wants and how to turn a man on ... come back when you've had a similar experience, and tell me which is better. :(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The obvious answer is: You're only saying that because you're old.

I have a dilemma however. I have a movie pass. I was going to use it on X3 opening day, but now all the filthy Euros who've already seen it are saying it's awful. Should I save it for a different movie and see X3 for free next week (have a friend who works at the theatres that offered), or go ahead and use the pass I paid for?

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Why do you suppose that a woman needs assistance to look hawt in her forties? (My partner, who has featured in Italian Vogue, looks younger than most of the teenagers in the local supermarket: she was asked for id last week!)

I would contend that the malnourished youngsters that have no life experience to draw on are the ones who try (and fail) to fake allure; give me a woman who is comfortable in her own skin and knows what she wants and how to turn a man on ... come back when you've had a similar experience, and tell me which is better. ;)

We already know you're a lucky bastard. No need to rub it in.

:wallow in self-pity smilie:

Edited by Soulseeker

Heja Sverige!!