how to get lvl 50?

There really is no way to get to level 50. The only possible way I know of is to utilize the glitch in the Korriban tomb. In this one room in the tomb there's a corpse in the very center surrounded by some pillars. Keep selecting it over and over and the beasts will keep appearing. After that, just keep killing them over and over. I guess you could try that if you don't mind killing those things for hours straight, but IMO it's not really worth it.

Why would he want it to be 'emo' anyway? :rolleyes:

But anyway, yeah, if you play as far as the end of your first planet, you'll find the game pretty easy anyway, so there's really no need to level all the way up to 50, the game would be too simple :)

Not leveling all the way up to 50. You would just have a massive build-up of force powers, so you would be unbeatable compared to when you still have a fairly limited choice of powers when leveling up normally...

I'm not too sure if that made much sense there... :)

Not leveling all the way up to 50. You would just have a massive build-up of force powers, so you would be unbeatable compared to when you still have a fairly limited choice of powers when leveling up normally...

I'm not too sure if that made much sense there... :)

Sorry. It was just a joke about how easy the game is. :">

sig2.gif

Yet it (the ability to reach absurdly high levels) was apparently a thing that, after Kotor 1, gamers demanded. I preferred the Kotor 1 approach, with a maximum level that you reach on, or in the run up to, the Star Forge. It made the game seem complete, and calmed worries that you might not be up to the final challenge. I may be in the minority over this, though. :ermm:

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yet it (the ability to reach absurdly high levels) was apparently a thing that, after Kotor 1, gamers demanded.  I preferred the Kotor 1 approach, with a maximum level that you reach on, or in the run up to, the Star Forge.  It made the game seem complete, and calmed worries that you might not be up to the final challenge.  I may be in the minority over this, though. :ermm:

I prefer a level cap myself, honestly, provided it's calibrated to coincide with the endgame. Give levels some meaning, keep the challenge steady. I'm certainly not the KotOR II master, as I've played it through precisely once to date, but by the time I got to my second planet after Telos there, in all honesty, wasn't an encounter that even caused a little bit of worry.

The main gripe I had with KOTOR's level cap is that you've got no incentive to explore Taris after the first playthrough.Every time I've played since I've done the bare minimum to give me more time as a Jedi.

The level cap in KOTOR2 is a bit excessive though...even if you do every side-quest possible you won't get much past lvl28.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

The main gripe I had with KOTOR's level cap is that you've got no incentive to explore Taris after the first playthrough.Every time I've played since I've done the bare minimum to give me more time as a Jedi.

The level cap in KOTOR2 is a bit excessive though...even if you do every side-quest possible you won't get much past lvl28.

Never played the original, so I can't comment. Though your point does tie in to mine, about how we need to get rid of this having to learn how to be a Jedi all over again bit.

I like a level cap as well. As a younger teen I just picked up hating the whole "my character is level 99". Now imagine having a random loot generator apply to a game with max level of 99 - I wonder who'd be dedicated enough...I won't be.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

How to get level 50?

I'm playing on xbox (no live)(european version)

Not exactly sure if this might work, but there is a kinrath spawn in the game. On Dantooine, after entering the crystal chamber in the kinrath cave, swop one party member to another before running out of the chamber. If it works, each time you do so, kinrath hatchlings will appear. Repeat as often as you like.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Yet it (the ability to reach absurdly high levels) was apparently a thing that, after Kotor 1, gamers demanded.  I preferred the Kotor 1 approach, with a maximum level that you reach on, or in the run up to, the Star Forge.  It made the game seem complete, and calmed worries that you might not be up to the final challenge.  I may be in the minority over this, though. ;)

I prefer a level cap myself, honestly, provided it's calibrated to coincide with the endgame. Give levels some meaning, keep the challenge steady. I'm certainly not the KotOR II master, as I've played it through precisely once to date, but by the time I got to my second planet after Telos there, in all honesty, wasn't an encounter that even caused a little bit of worry.

This is a really comment on how the game mechanic (d20) was implemented and the difficulty of the game. d20 is designed for a max level cap of 20 ... you should start feeling fairly powerful at about 10th level. K1 did a good job of this - IIRC, Revan was about 12th level at the end of Dantooine (and if you didn't delay levelling up, you got trained as a Jedi at about 7th, which worked out fine), and the first time I played K1, I gained 20th level during the Star Forge droid fight, right before facing Malak. BTW, the PnP d20 system has a good mechanic in place to gauge the difficulty any encounter should pose to characters of a certain level, and scaling encounters properly sould not be that difficult.

Developers either need to:

- Re-vamp the d20 system to make higher levels worthwhile. One possible way is deeper feat and force power trees (five or six upgrades vice three, for example). The only prestige classes that sorta did this right were Sith Marauder and Jedi Weapon Master, with the additional Light Saber and Dual-Weapon Feats.

- Maintain a 20-level cap for PC's & player-controlled NPC's.

- or -

- Use a different game mechanic

But anyway, yeah, if you play as far as the end of your first planet, you'll find the game pretty easy anyway, so there's really no need to level all the way up to 50, the game would be too simple :-

Nope. Running through Kotor2 with a lvl 50 character would be harder. The enemies lvl up to your lvl, so lvl 50 enemies are tougher than lvl 20's. And ofcourse you have many Force Powers, but they deal about the same damage as back in lvl 20, so you need alot more and longer to kill an enemy...

I like a level cap as well. As a younger teen I just picked up hating the whole "my character is level 99". Now imagine having a random loot generator apply to a game with max level of 99 - I wonder who'd be dedicated enough...I won't be.

If XP-leveling goes fast enough...

I wonder who'd be dedicated enough- :"> me (unless it is a lame MMORPG)

Without exploits, your highest level will be attained by having Kreia in your party (XP % bonus) at all times possible, doing every side quest, and maxing out all influences with every possible NPC (not likely). Even then, I doubt you'll get past L30.

The three exploit places are in the Kinrath cave on Dantooine, of course, the Hssiss explot on Korriban, and the stealthed Sith Assassins on Dxun. As long as you don't go near Mandalore's office during that big brawl, the multiple assassins will not spawn, and only one or two stealthed assassins will spawn at a time, either near the gate, or near the training circle.

Beware, though; the cloaked Sith Assassins can take a big whallop, and this method is tedious.

Beware, though; the cloaked Sith Assassins can take a big whallop, and this method is tedious.

Not to mention the fact you can totally go for this way, and then get dropped into Onderon before you even reached the first assassin, still on the Fight Ring Side...

Bwahaha. I did not know that. I must've played that encounter for a solid half hour, asking myself, "Man, is this a bug, or is this really supposed to take this long?" If I ever play through again, I'll make sure to immediately head for Mandalore's office.

Bwahaha.  I did not know that.  I must've played that encounter for a solid half hour, asking myself, "Man, is this a bug, or is this really supposed to take this long?"  If I ever play through again, I'll make sure to immediately head for Mandalore's office.

Lucky...

The first 2 times through the game I couldn't even touch a single Sith Assassin before getting warped out of the battle.

As a matter of fact, I never reached Mandalore's office in about 4 times this scene...

The problem with higher levels is trying to find what force power you want, since by a certain level, I'll have all the powers I want, and then I get stuck with trying to figure out what force power I want next...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Relating to the main way to milk the XP, the Korriban Cave/Tomb corpse; did you get the "problem" of the Force points not recharging? I know it might be deliberately for it's enviroment, but then how do you keep fighting the Hsiss (sp?) creatures all the time?

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)