You're a N00b

Darkside

Earlier this afternoon my brother signed me up on a game called Gunbound and set me up in a game instantly, with no more instruction than "this aims, this shoots". I didn't even know how to tell who was on my team. :p So I tried aiming at the nearest guy, who's above me, but since I didn't understand how large the missles were, I didn't know that they'd hit the wall in front of me and explode. My very first turn, and I almost killed myself. I left while the getting was good.

That made me wonder, what incredibly n00bish things have you done?

Edited by Darkside
sig2.gif

At the New Year's party at my church, they brought in a lot of Xboxes and copies of Halo 2, and we had a big LANparty.

After getting killed by the fourteen year olds who play on Xbox Live all day for the umpteenth time, I started shooting at anything that moved, teammates, vehicles, whatever.

It was a lot more fun that way, although my team didn't like me so much anymore. :p

I repeatedly ran into it........a lot.......until I finally figured out to jump on it and that was by accident.

First time playing F.E.A.R online, I didn't know Friendly Fire was on, saw somebody...a group of somebodies...and hit the grenade key. What I failed to realize was that they were all teammates...and were so close that I, and all three of them, went boom.

I was booted shortly thereafter. :p

But it was ok...next server, I owned the living hell out of everybody. ^_^

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

When I first signed up for these message boards, I thought I was in for a good time, meeting new internet friends and having interesting discussions.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

When I first signed up for these message boards, I thought I was in for a good time, meeting new internet friends and having interesting discussions.

Ah... the naivety. :p

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Understanding that it blocks when you press up arrow in Prince of Persia... I had played the game for two hours or so when I made that realisation.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Hmm. Well, I was playing a tutorial level of some Star Wars game, flying through a canyon behind a guide. I had been having a hard time of it, careening from wall to wall, and near the end of the level the oblivious tutorial guide asked my character if they had read the flight manual. Now, as she asked me this I had just lost all control of my ship; so I yelled out "Cover to cover!!" as my ship corkscrewed into a canyon wall and exploded just ahead of her.

Ok, who here went into Tetris without knowing you could rotate the shapes?

*Slowly raises hand* :">

No worries

I'm not only the Nintendo noob president, I'm also a client.

Lets see:

I played Mario Kart 64 for years, with my freinds, until one day: "Power Slide? Whats a Power Slide?"